Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MatchBot guide

About MatchBot v1.2
    The bots that will be hosting your Trench Wars Division matches are called MatchBot, an intelligent program created by Mythrandir that should make your TWD matches easy and quick (hosting wise that is). To all captains and assistants of any squad it is vital that you know the commands of MatchBot and how to use them.

Numerous MatchBots will be made available in the following arenas:

?go pracd

?go pracd1

?go pracd2

?go pracb

?go pracb1

?go pracb2

(pracj, pracj1 and pracj2 coming soon)

In the above arenas you will be able to organise scrimmages without the need for a host, these arenas can be used for matches you wish to have in preparation for TWD.

Public commands
    Before we start, there is only 1 command open to the public this is “!cap”:

!cap – This command is available to all players and will list the online captains and assistants of the two playing squads.

NOTE: Players must be both squad-joined on the roster at www.twdivisions.org AND in game to be allowed to play for a squad. Any roster changes take around 20 minutes to get to the bot, so if you’re adding new players to the roster there is a waiting period of 20 minutes.

How to organise a match
    To challenge a squad, go to an arena that is not being used and Private Message the monitoring MatchBot with “!challenge <Squad Name>”. Please note that only the captains or assistants of a squad can use this command. When challenging a squad, the challenged squad will receive a Squad Private Message from MatchBot asking them if they want to accept the challenge.

Although the whole squad receives a Private Message from MatchBot about the challenge, only captains and assistants can accept it. To accept a challenge, the captains or assistants of the challenged squad must Private Message MatchBot with “!accept <Squad Name>”. If the challenged squad accepts the challenge, then a game will load in that arena and both teams have 5 minutes to choose their teams.

Use of the bot before and during a match (TWDD/TWJD)
    Once the game has been loaded it has a validity time of 5 minutes. This means that captains/assistants of a squad have 5 minutes to select their team and start the match. If the validity time elapses and you cannot start the match, just re-challenge the squad.

Picking your team is done by using the “!add” command. TWDD and TWDJ bots are similar, to add a player you PM MatchBot with “!add <Player Name>” and the bot automatically sets the ship of that player and puts him/her onto the squad’s freq. A captain or assistant must pick at least 4 players then once your team is ready, you must PM MatchBot with “!ready” and an arena message will show up signifying that your team is ready. If you’ve already used the command but find that you have a lagout, or one of your players is unavailable to play. Then use the “!ready” command again and another arena message will pop up saying that you are not ready.

To remove a player from your team use the “!remove” command, this command is only available before the game starts and is not available after the game starts. If you need to substitute a player during the match use “!sub <Player A>:<Player B>” where Player A is the player you want to take out of the match and Player B being the player to go in. This command is only available during the game; it is not available before the game when adding players. Use the “!remove” and “!add” commands for substitutions before the match starts. The maximum amount of substitutions allowed in a game is 3.

When both teams are ready, MatchBot will warp the teams to the safes and lock the doors. If anyone warps out or in the case of TWJD, gets teamkilled, then MatchBot will warp the players back into the safes. Teams are told that the match will begin in 30 seconds then a 10 second warning will pop up before the match begins. If a player is on the squad’s roster but not playing during the match they can use the command “!myfreq” to get on the squad’s freq. 5v5 is the default match however, 4v4 matches can be played and if teams find another player they can be put in at any time. If a player lagouts, they can use the “!lagout” command to MatchBot to get back in the game, the maximum number of lagouts permitted is 3 but there is no time limit. TWDD and TWJD matches are best of 3, 20 minute rounds each.

Use of the bot before and during a match (TWBD)

Again, once the challenged squad has accepted the challenge it will have a validity time of 5 minutes. Basing involves more commands and extra information that needs to be given to the bot. First of all, when adding players to your team you will have to include what ship you want them to enter as, this is done by entering the player name then the ship number, separated by a colon:

“!add <Player Name>:<Ship Number>”. Like javelin and duelling, the “!remove command” is available to take off any players you do not want playing and again this is only available before the game starts. Other commands used for basing are “!switch <Player A>:<Player B>” this can be used to switch the ships of any two players in your team. The order of players doesn’t matter and the maximum amount of switches permitted is unlimited. The change command is used to change an individual player’s ship by Private Messaging MatchBot with “!change <Player Name>:<Ship Number>”, only 2 ship changes are permitted during the match. In past Trench Wars Leagues, ship changing has not been permitted however under new Trench Wars Division rules 2 ship changes are allowed for strategy changes. Like javelin and duelling, you may have up to 3 substitutions by using the “!sub” command and the “!ready” command is also used when your team is ready. “!list” is more important for basing as you will need to be kept a briefing on who is in what ship. The policy for the “!lagout” command is also different in basing, players have unlimited lagouts however a 15 second waiting period for re-entry is used from when the player Private Messages “!lagout” to MatchBot. TWBD matches last 30 minutes long and there is only 1 round. Minimum of 5 players, maximum of 8.

Summary of commands

Javelin and Duelling

!add <Player Name>
    Enters a player into the match.

!remove
    Removes a player from the match. (Only used before the match starts)

!sub <Player A>:<Player B>
    Substitutes two players. (Player A the old player, Player B the new player. Only used during a match)

!ready
    Used when the squad is ready to play.

!list
    Lists the players playing in the match.

!lagout
    Used by players in the match, maximum lagouts = 3, maximum time = unlimited.

!myfreq
    Sets the frequency of that player to their squad’s.

!cap
    Lists the captains and assistants of each squad who are online.

Basing

!add <Player Name>:<Ship Number>
    Enters a player into the match in that given ship number.

!remove
    Removes a player from the match. (Only used before the match starts)

!sub <Player A>:<Player B>
    Substitutes two players. (Player A the old player, Player B the new player. Only used during a match)

!switch <Player A>:<Player B>
    Switches the ships of two players, unlimited switches allowed.

!change <Player Name>:<Ship Number>
    Changes the ship of the given player. Two ship changes allowed only.

!ready
    Used when the squad is ready to play.

!list
    Lists the players playing in the match.

!myfreq
    Used by players in the match, maximum lagouts = unlimited, 15 second waiting time before re-entered into the match.

!lagout
    Sets the frequency of that player to their squad’s.

!cap
    Lists the captains and assistants of each squad who are online.

By Fruitang – November 2002

Is it viable to allow basing squads the choice to have three 20 minute matches?

Comment

- !myfreq never works for me when I try it. Do you know whats wrong? -
      ()_()
      (0.o)
      (")(")

Comment

I'm going to fix that !myfreq bug in the next version.

-
        Verth: I don't think I'm going to do that. Squads can as well play eachother in a game after their first.

Comment

At wednesday I'll be back in TW and unaliased to work on TWD.

Comment

This is regarding a problem that several people have had with the matchbot not recognizing captains and assistant captains.

It seems that for some people, matchbot wont let them issue a !challenge stating that they are neither a captain nor an assistant captain of the squad when in reality they are. If this happens to you try demoting yourself (or having another captain demote you), waiting for 20 minutes then promoting yourself again.

Comment

Who said Cpt Guano! doesn't know enough as a ZH?
              Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Mythrandir could u make the bot change match length??
                If u make limits to the time..
                Or is that a bad idea?
                some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

things i'd like to see are a signup place for new players on the twdivisions.org site. the bot isn't always online, and this easier sometimes. also for people that like to request their password instead of hoping the bot is online so they can change it, why not add an option to place your e-mail in some options when you log-in to the twdivisions.org site.. these players would be able to request their password from the bot or site.

!myfreq i know myth already knows about
                  i was curious if myth would be willing to create one extra pracd and prab arena, i know at peak times, i've had problems finding an arena thats free.

i don't know if some of you've experienced this but sometimes after the 30 seconds have been called.. and it lets you put your players in.. the bot puts your players on the other freq.. and the other freq players on your freq.. or something like that.. or maybe its the specced opposet squads players get on your freq, and the same for your squad.. the specced players get on their freq.. hasn't anyone else experienced this problem?

also.. after a game has already started.. and their are lets say.. 4v4 in the game.. and an extra one of your squadies shows up... you !add him as soon as he shows up, because usually your the one calling him in the arena to get the 5v5 going.. but lets say the other cap isn't really paying attention.. well it doesn't matter.. you still get to add yours.. i think thats a little unfair. i say when you add after the games already started.. the bot pms the assistant/cap, (even if he isn't in the arena) to also !add another player, before it puts the opposet squads player in.. this way they are both added at the same time, and their won't be any "wtf!"'s

can't think of anything else.. im hearing rumors that TWD is starting around jan.2, just wondering if the staff can give us a ballpark. forgive me if i havn't read every thread, and you guys already talked about this stuff.. cuz i just read this and thats all..

also curious if mythrandir has a ballpark around when the pracj bots/arena's are gonna be up?

regards,
                  code

Comment

The reason that I used TWDBot for signups is to eliminate the use of e-mails. If you sign up via TWDBot, the system will know 100% sure that you are you, and not someone else signing up under other people's name.

TWDBot is supposed to be online all the time, just like the MatchBots are. DoCk>, who is currently hosting the bots, has some problems with his cable connection, which will cause the bots to get disconnected about 4-5 times a day.
                    TWD can't be launched until the bots are on a stable connection.

On the 4v4 issue:
                    technically, a game of 4v4 is a game with both squads being one player down, just like in past TWL and TWT. So when a fifth appears, the squadcaptain can add him anytime.

TWD will begin before christmas; if the bot host is stable by then, ofcourse.

ETA on TWJD:
                    First I will fix the current bugs and glitches, then I'll add the position checking code for javelin games.

Because of ehh Sinterklaas-viering, I won't be able to do much for TWD this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                      The reason that I used TWDBot for signups is to eliminate the use of e-mails. If you sign up via TWDBot, the system will know 100% sure that you are you, and not someone else signing up under other people's name.

so im curious, these bots match hd#/ip's then? your saying these bots will know 100% if they are you, but lets say someone got my pw.. signed up with my name.. or changed my password with my name, then i wouldn't be able to even log in the site, or request my password to my e-mail. in my opinion its a double-security, and it does help. i don't think making it so you can just sign up in tw on the nickname secures it anymore. if you had e-mail request in place, attached with the nickname.. you could also eliminate more of the double squadders.. or atleast make it a bit more of a pain in the butt to create a nick, make an e-mail, add to the roster.. etc. having the e-mail system in place, you could match e-mails up and find out if there are double squadders. creating a nick and adding to the roster isn't that hard. now if the match bots checked and matched the hd#/ip with the one it could detect at /!signup (talking to the bot) then it might actually be helpful. anyways.. tell me what you think mythrandir..

regards,
                      code

Comment

jav bots now plz!!

nice avatar code
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

tips &amp; ideas

Tip when using !add command u can just use a players first 3 or 4 letters like !add wit. adds witness

Idea for myth.
                          !add %tickedname could be nice.

just a thought.

Comment

Re: tips &amp; ideas

Originally posted by Witness
                            Tip when using !add command u can just use a players first 3 or 4 letters like !add wit adds witness
                            Already exists.

Comment

That was his tip. His idea was enabling %tickname.

Comment

Working...
                              X