• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bot Idea

K it could go something like this.

You type into MatchBot:

!who

Match bot gives you a list of all Captains and Assistants that are online. To save processor cycles I'd reccomend keeping a text file that is updated about every 5 minutes. Every 5 minutes, the bot would do a ?find for every single Captain/Assistant from eligible squads. This would help set up matches quicker since most people dont even know or bother to look for the smaller squads.

My 2 cents.
    The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
    -Dys

All work and no play makes Mythrandir burnt out, but if it's not too hard this would be cool
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

?chat=twd

And I think Mythrandir is already working on a matchmaking bot that was suggested earlier.
      I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Dating service.
        Originally posted by Diakka
        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Although I like the idea of ?finding each captain and assistant, I don't think it's possible, the bandwidth it'll take is too high to be acceptable.

Each squad can have up to 8 assistants+captains. Even though we would keep the roster up to date, there would be at least 30 active squads with a maximum of 8 caps and assistants.
          In the worst case, that would lead the bot to ?find 30 * 8 = 240 different players.

-

I rather support the idea of a matchmaking bot. Captains/assistants can add their squad to the list, and assign what kind of games they like to play

Comment

Which would cause the bot to get booted for spamming commands.
            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Doesn't the !cap command list the captains and assistants of each squad who are online already?
              "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                Which would cause the bot to get booted for spamming commands.
                sysops dont get booted for anything?
                The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                -Dys

Comment

Working...
                X