Not a good start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good start

So, school starts today. Please, allow me to piss and moan for a moment.

I woke up today, fully prepared for what will be the loneliest eight months of my school career thus far. One of my smart-ass friends got a scholorship of some sort and gets to study math in Moscow. It's a pretty big deal and I'm very proud of him. Too bad he was 1 out of 2 guys I spent time with during my breaks.

Not so bad, still have 1 guy right? No, not exactly. He got an internship. Takes a year off "normal" school to get paid way more than me working in his field of study. Oh! Good for you, buddy! I'm proud of him too.

What a bunch of fricking ..... pricks? Huh? Did they think of me at all? Somehow I doubt it! Ahhh!

Ok, so I wake up early. I'll check my class locations on PAWS (some internet BULLSHIT thing we have at my university). I try to logon. It informs that it is very sorry but it wont be online until about 11:00am. I later discover it actually remains down until closer to 12 noon. Anyway, my class starts are 10:30. How do I find out where it is? Oh, no problem! I rush off to school. I dash to where the class locations are usually posted.....

OH. SHIT. There's a note there. Apperantly posting class locations was too difficult for those fucktards. The smart ass note informs me that I am "responsible" to know where my classes are. I WAS RESPONIBLY LOOKING WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO POST THAT VERY FUCKING INFORMATION BUT I GUESS THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH??? It suggests I check PAWS. In case you were wondering, yes, that is THE SAME PAWS THAT IS DOWN UNTIL THIRTY MIN AFTER MY CLASS STARTS.

GOOD IDEA FUCKTARDS!

So, where the hell is my class? I remember its in commerce. I run there. I know its on the first floor. Or the basement. Whatever. The room number was double digit. 13? 16? 18? I don't know for sure. All I remember is it was NOT 113, 114, whatever. Not a 200 # either. First floor. Ok. I go there.

By this time class started about, oh, 4.5 minutes ago. I'm a couple hundred seconds late. Ah well! If I knew my class room maybe I could jump in there. But I'm not going to barge into half the rooms in the commerce building and look like a total moron.

So I take the loss. I got shit to do today away. I need to get some stuff signed. I'll get a head start waiting in that line for an hour. YIPIEE! So I do that. Good! Got my stuff signed. Now I need a bus pass. Cool. Another hour wait. Great! Now I have the privledge of waiting for the bus in -30 degree C weather for a few months. Fan-tango-tastic. Atleast by then theortically I will know where my classes are.

So I'm home again now. Next class starts in an hour. PAWS is finally working again. Slow as hell because EVERYONE who checked where they usually post class locations is trying access it, and it's been offline for the whole fucking day so far. Theres a certain amount of interest among the student body as to where their classes are.

HERES MY ONLY COMPLAINT. If I pay thousands of dollars for tuition, why do they not just print the list like every other year. Seriously. My stupid Student Union can't get me a cheaper bus pass could they atleast get the fricking school to post the class locations? GOD-FRICKEN-DAMNIT.

ANYWAY: Next class is Econ 204, Section 02, Room Arts 211, University of Saskatchewan. Luckily I know where that is. I'll meet you there! lol
    Last edited by Spider; 09-07-2005, 02:35 PM.
    Spider
    Formerly EEK! A Spider!
    Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

my bus pass is my student card. $

at least you dont have to do any auditions during orientation week! ffs now i probably have to go sing in the choir if I dont make it into my band. FFS this is what i get when I work midnight shifts at the CNE and sleep all day for the 2 weeks before university.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Ouch, that sucks Spider Maybe you'll have a better day tomorrow!
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

suds

Comment

should have gone to a school like Rutgers, where there are 39,000 students yet there aren't that many lost.

i do find myself getting lost sometimes on other campuses aside from the one where i live.

its only the first 10 days anyways.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

What a stupid system. I got my classes sent out to me, and the lists for course/lecture theatre posted on the bulletin boards outside most lecture theatres, aswell as everything on each departmental website. I suppose they really want me to go to class. Don't worry, usually the first lecture is useless anyway.

at least you dont have to do any auditions during orientation week! ffs now i probably have to go sing in the choir if I dont make it into my band.
            Auditions? why?

Originally posted by Disliked
            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

i woke up it was 7 waited till 11

Comment

I sat in homeroom for 2 hours today while little freshmen got health screenings.
                this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                  Auditions? why?
                  I'm in the music program, and need to audition to get into certain ensembles.
                  duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

most majors the 1st week is a blow off.
                    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Yeah I'm sitting here doing jack shit but looking at the TW forums in my C# class...
                      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Spider
                        Ok, so I wake up early. I'll check my class locations on PAWS (some internet BULLSHIT thing we have at my university). I try to logon. It informs that it is very sorry but it wont be online until about 11:00am
                        At this point I would have gone back to bed
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

So, how did everyone else know where their class is, but not you?
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Well, I assume they checked the day before I wasn't the only person that got caught by this though. Some of those notes had angery messages written on them. The notes that said "Check PAWS".
                            Spider
                            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Working...
                            X