Opinion on Law Enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Law Enforcement

What's you opinion on the general purpouse of the police? social order or fighting crime? I'd say 90% social order and 10% fighting crime. Do you agree with the amount of focus that goes into these two categories?
    Last edited by Cops; 09-08-2005, 02:49 AM.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

I live in houston and HPD are some crooked bastards, caught my friend with 4 grams of yay and 2 oz of weed. Charged him with 1.4 grams of yay he's in for 4 years and the rest of the coke and weed was never turned in <_<

Oh and Harris County Sheriffs will just flat out beat you like Rodney King.

Comment

My opinion is that laws exist as a ‘check and balance’ to human’s vices.

Comment

bring on anarchy.
        LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

id say the police are there to look 'ard and try and worry people, but dont really have complete control over situations
          Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
          oNe-t> YEAH
          nopcode> before going out
          funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

They're there to protect us. They shouldn't be arresting people for possesion of drugs, its the hard crimes I'm more worried about.
            Sure, they should arrest people trashing/vandalising property whilst on drugs. But because of the vandalism, not the drugs.
            Personally, I'm more worried about serial killers, rapists, etc. than I am of druggies. But it seems that they get similar sentances. That smells off.

Originally posted by Disliked
            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I think the main fuction should be protection of the people than protection of property but it seems the other way around.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

i hate Cops

lol
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
                  I think the main fuction should be protection of the people than protection of property but it seems the other way around.
                  Lost me, isn't it the protection of ALL rights? Are you saying that they should protect you from me physically hurting you, but not protect you from me damaging your property or your other rights?

Comment

living in a city with real crime, police are fairly reasonable because they have so much to do, and i rarely mind them. police in the suburbs are fucking dicks. rich people like to see police cars driving around so they feel safe, but the nature of police work is to be rewarded for arrests. since there's no real crime, all they do is run around and fuck with kids.

this isnt feasible, but i think there should be two kinds of police. take the police with a real desire to help people (they do exist, believe it or not) and have them wear one kind of uniform. they could do everything from solving murders and rapes to helping people change tires, the point would be that you can actually trust them to be reasonable and helpful. then, take the police who are police because they have a severe inferiority complex, and put them in the typical "look at me, im intimidating" police uniform, and have them give out traffic tickets and just generally fuck with the population for no reason.
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                      Lost me, isn't it the protection of ALL rights? Are you saying that they should protect you from me physically hurting you, but not protect you from me damaging your property or your other rights?
                      There are people who believe that the function of police is to fight crime and I don't believe that's true, I believe the function of police is social control and protection of property.

I want to see the system flip-flop, the rights of the citizens should be the most important function of the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                        living in a city with real crime, police are fairly reasonable because they have so much to do, and i rarely mind them. police in the suburbs are fucking dicks. rich people like to see police cars driving around so they feel safe, but the nature of police work is to be rewarded for arrests. since there's no real crime, all they do is run around and fuck with kids.

this isnt feasible, but i think there should be two kinds of police. take the police with a real desire to help people (they do exist, believe it or not) and have them wear one kind of uniform. they could do everything from solving murders and rapes to helping people change tires, the point would be that you can actually trust them to be reasonable and helpful. then, take the police who are police because they have a severe inferiority complex, and put them in the typical "look at me, im intimidating" police uniform, and have them give out traffic tickets and just generally fuck with the population for no reason.
                        damn fucking straight, i can't count the number of times I've been searched by a police officer or the amount of times they've tried to fuck me cause I'm young and look suspicious. For every good cop I wish the very best and a bullet for all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
                          There are people who believe that the function of police is to fight crime and I don't believe that's true, I believe the function of police is social control and protection of property.

I want to see the system flip-flop, the rights of the citizens should be the most important function of the police.
                          Understood. But when does the individual lose his rights? 'Rights' are a two way street, you have rights until they conflict with my rights or the rights of the rest of society.

And aren't the police protecting the rights of the citizens when they run off a bunch of people hanging around a dark parking lot after hours? If you were the guy who owned that business, and every morning you had to go deal with used rubbers, beer cans, and trash left behind by the people who were just hanging around after hours in your parking lot, how would you feel?

I guess I am struggling with a case where the police, out of just being assholes, screw with someone. I am sure this happens at times, but isn’t the vast majority of cases where people are infringing on other people’s rights and the police should intervene?

Comment

what most young people really resent is the way most police treat us. if a noise complaint was called because someone was playing music too loud, and they showed up and it was a middle aged dude, theyd say "sir, could you please turn the music down" and leave. theres a very very slight chance theyd give him a ticket, and thats the most they would ever do. if it was me, theyd try to come into the house, look around for drugs, try to find underaged drinkers and arrest as many people as possible.

it varies based on the individual police, of course. a lot of older police, ive noticed, seem sick of the war on harmless drugs and rules against underaged drinking, and theyll come into a party, say, "hey dudes, be quiet" and make sure that there are designated drivers to get people home.

i dont really think Cops would mind that the police enforce "social order" so much if they were reasonable about it, instead of pressing charges wherever possible just for the sake of feeling powerful.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

my opinion is that the police should be there to serve the people and protect them and there property from harm. You can't really seperate the two and in many hate cases ppls homes and possesions are targeted and destroyed in a very intimidating way.

Of course it isnty actualy possible all of the time or indeed most of the time to offer protection as if you want to go out an randomly attack something or even if its premeditated, its very hard to stop ppl even with a large police force.

so keep society's mind at ease its nice for them to catch the bad guys who already commited crimes and lock them away as a deterent, and all is well :fear: .

But the problems with the police runs deep, as they say power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Many police act like there above the law or at least above the rest of society instead of there servants. Also corruption in many forms is rife in most forcse from bribes, to secterianism/racism and also sexism they lose alot of respect from certain parts of society and since there main job is to promote a feeling of security amonst society that is a big problem.
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X