Sharp in TWLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp in TWLB

KJW mentioned in another thread that he'd like to see shrap removed from TWLB. What is everyone's thought on this?

1) Keep things the same.
    2) Remove random angle shrap (make it like the shrap in baseelim).
    3) Remove shrap altogether.

Remember that removing shrap will reduce a lot of completely random kills in the flagroom (and most terrier deaths), but it will also make the shark a lot less powerful, and perhaps the effect of a jav in lower flag room shooting in the upper flag room less pronounced.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

i'd like to see shrap remain in the game for absolutely no explainable reason in particular.

except:

shrap hardly affects the final outcome of a game. the team that plays/lags better wins 99.9% of the time.

Comment

the shark isn't a very popular ship already. Removing shrap would make the ship even less popular, and that's why I don't think it's a good idea.
      Terrs should learn to hide behind their team. Their team should learn to form a human shield for the terrs. And any ship except for the terr already get killed a lot by situations they had no control of (random).

If you insist on a change of random shrap, you might want to set shrap directions to fixed directions though, like it is in javelin elim.

Comment

Keep it
        coz
        shrap = kewl
        TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

I wouldn't say most shrap deaths are completely random. A good shark will keep in mind that any shark bomb repped might produce shrap, and that mines should be double repped if it might produce shrap that could be dangerous to the team's terr.

I guess the only thing I'd like to see is more consistancy in when a ship gets shrap and when it doesn't. Maybe give out shrap as default but make the velocity of shrap slightly less than it is now.

Comment

I think shrap's should stay because otherwise the shark would become even less popular. Though I think the range of the shrap should be changed. Let shrap dissapear after like 2 seconds, this way only people in a close range to an exploding bomb/mine would be able to die of a shrap. And it would also take away the chance that a random shrap would kill the nme terr that's sitting on the otherside of the base.

Come on you can't disagree with me on this one. Sharks can still get some kills of shrap. And terrs and ships won't have to fear dying of an shrap coming out of nowhere.

-bram

Comment

It's the only way Diso "might" lose...

Comment

Keep it the same.
                "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

DONT FUCK WITH THE SETTINGS THEY ARE HOOOOLY!!!!!
                  http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Keep things the same.
                    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager
                    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

offtopic but..

If the settings change doesn't go through, could the potential effort that would have been used be shifted onto making that non-levi subarena? I'm not fussed about it but I know a lot of people are.

Comment

I think the perfect solution is to get rid of sharks.

Comment

Wow, A high member of staff (besides Myth) asking what we think for TWL...

Keep it.
                          :yawn:

Comment

Shrap is an important aspect of flagroom defense. Removing it would certainly change the pace of the match, and not for the better.

Keep the shrap as it is. If you were going to change anything you might want to make shark shrap standard (In number not angle), but there is some decent strategy in flagroom greening that would be displaced.

Comment

I soak up more than my fair share of those random flagroom deaths, but it keeps the game interesting. Sharks should remain as dangerous as they are, terrs should remain on their toes to avoid shrap. I'd prefer the settings the way they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X