Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origins

First, no this doesn't come from a scientifical study, there will be no copy and pasting of articles, no links, none of that, this is straight, flat out open ended discussion start by me.

Second, by origins I do not mean of man, Earth, space, or anything like that, so let's not turn this into an arguement. Different people, different beliefs, remember that.

Third, point of this post:
    When do you think things start? For example, when do you think a future artist becomes inspired enough or feels enough passion for creating to make drawing or painted to become his life, his hobby and his career? When do you think people become "good" at something, whether it be video games or music, is it when they first pick up a controller or a guitar and that is the first start of being "good" or is it only after hours, weeks, months and years of practice that someone becomes "good"? When people look at someone and say "they've got that 'it' factor", what do you think that 'it' is and when did they get 'it'? Do you think practice is what makes 2 different people doing the samething be at different levels, or is it a part of them to be better or worse than one another? Say two artists are revered as being equals, their art equally loved and respected, but one day one of the two draws something off a whim and it is far better than anything they or their equal had ever created, is that from practice, luck or just... 'it'?

So, like I said before, when do you think things, like talents and abilities or even intelligence and charm, start and have their origin?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

brb
    Reinstate Sarien
    ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q
      brb
      -_-

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

I believe everyone is born with talent. Talent can never be created, you are born with it. Some people find that talent, and other's don't. People who don't either waste their life early on, or push themselves so hard that they don't need talent. Abilities come out of practise, or talent. The environment people live in also matter, sometimes it motivates them, other times it destroys them.
        Last edited by Krusnik; 09-10-2005, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
          First, no this doesn't come from a scientifical study, there will be no copy and pasting of articles, no links, none of that, this is straight, flat out open ended discussion start by me.

Second, by origins I do not mean of man, Earth, space, or anything like that, so let's not turn this into an arguement. Different people, different beliefs, remember that.

Third, point of this post:
          When do you think things start? For example, when do you think a future artist becomes inspired enough or feels enough passion for creating to make drawing or painted to become his life, his hobby and his career? When do you think people become "good" at something, whether it be video games or music, is it when they first pick up a controller or a guitar and that is the first start of being "good" or is it only after hours, weeks, months and years of practice that someone becomes "good"? When people look at someone and say "they've got that 'it' factor", what do you think that 'it' is and when did they get 'it'? Do you think practice is what makes 2 different people doing the samething be at different levels, or is it a part of them to be better or worse than one another? Say two artists are revered as being equals, their art equally loved and respected, but one day one of the two draws something off a whim and it is far better than anything they or their equal had ever created, is that from practice, luck or just... 'it'?

So, like I said before, when do you think things, like talents and abilities or even intelligence and charm, start and have their origin?
          hi tonef:P
          Girl if it's alright,
          100%.

Comment

prepared luck.

by prepared I mean - they have experience, practice and understanding of limits

by luck- they had an event trigger that idea.

We all are waiting for our event to trigger us to do something awesome.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Broly
              hi tonef:P
              fuck... you....

.Halo.

Comment

hi tone
                Don't even go there. SM isn't anything like Tone.

I think everyone starts with the potential to do anything, but events along the passage of their life affect their potential, cutting off some paths while opening up others.

Originally posted by Disliked
                Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

i believe that ppl have natural talent based on their genes and then this can be developed through their environment and personality traits.

Generally to become amongst the top in your field you need to have an obsessive nature and be a work-aholic as well as having a natural gift for what your doing.

People like Paula Radcliff (long distance runner) scare me, its almost like a sickness when you hear her marathon running routine. Jesus woman stop running and start eating, your far too skinny!

p.s. i know Paula reads all my posts
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

So then what about video gamers? Do you think something as superficial(though you can make gaming a career, it's not something that ranks on the same level as doctors and atheletes) is within us inatly, or is that all practice?

.Halo.

Comment

part practice, part reflex. Partly a way of thinking that you need to train youself to.

Originally posted by Disliked
                      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

some ppl are more naturaly co-ordinated than others.

I remember a big lanky fella in my school wasn't co-ordinated at all and i found it it surprising that an abled bodied person could be so bad at general sports/p.e.

it would of taken him far more work to achieve the same level as other ppl becuase of this.

in a similar way some ppl would find it easier to use hand eye co-ordination in computer games than others and they would have an advantage and could master a game playing it less than an average person. But a hell of alot of practise is still needed and also the mindset to want to master teh game is also a huge factor.

so to stop beating around the bush, yes i think that there is an inate ability in us for both academic and physical activites that will make some ppl pick it up faster and better easier than others. But the "it" factor or what ever you said is more than just this inate ability as it needs to be combined with certain mental attributes and can also be due to the environment they're brought up in. This makes it rarer and not really a good thing in my opinion, i wouldn't want to be driven into focusing so much of my life into one thing and generaly thats what professional athelets, successful bussiness men etc do.

well thats my views from what i've seen around me and picked up from education etc...
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X