• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldboy

What a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

Just watched it. Anyone else seen it?
    sdg

it's piqued my curiosity, so i'll download it tonight and check it out tomorrow
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yea watched it, probably one of the best movies I've watched ever
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I've personally never seen it but my brother has, and highly recommends it.

Comment

Torrented it a while ago and it is great. I'm waiting for a good non-cruel korean film to come out one day... :P

Comment

I really don't understand what exactly about this film appealed to people. I found it overblown and frankly pointless. The situation is too extreme for the viewer to really empathise with any of the characters, yet the film is too personal to be in any way 'epic'.

Plenty of needless violence and just general nastiness which almost seems thrown in for shock-value rather than having any realy point to it. I also found the reasoning for Oh Dae Su's imprisonment weak, and the whole story (if you can call it that) is dependant on too many plot devices to move it along.

Also what's up with the final scene..i really don't get what they're trying to say...
            I sleep all night and I work all day..

Comment

Hm, I thought it was good movie, with an original storyline (being able to predict the main plot about halfway through the movie only made it stronger imo). Nockm makes a good point though, I think I've only seen 2 Asian (Japanese, Korean, all sound the same to me <_<) movies without a lot of violence in it, and frankly I forgot bout those titles already (although I vaguely recall liking one of 'em a lot :x)

Comment

bump

BTW this movie has a really fucking good fight scene.
                sdg

Comment

So good everyone who's watched it knows exactly what you mean (no sarcasm)

Comment

How about the story?
                    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

The story is cool as long as you just don't take it seriously. It's fairly extreme but pretty funny in that way, damnit just watch it

Comment

yeah i seen it
                        but i was at a friends house and i was quite drunk.

I thought it was good but not as great as my friend said before he put it on.

Very violent and pretty crazy movie witch stretched an already dubious plot. But it was something different that i hadn't seen and i much prefer it to the hollywood blockbluster violence as it looked alot more realistic than them.

I kinda like that type of movie though

I'd give it about 8 out of ten from what i remember, so i guess i liked it quite alot... i think
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

I thought the story was a bit ridiculous, but still pretty good. The ending was cool, but I thought they could have come up with a better explaination for why he was locked up for 15 years...
                          sdg

Comment

You all should watch Young and Dangerous.
                            Just watch it, you won't regret it at all, its really good.
                            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I think the point of why he was locked up for 15 years was that they're all psychos in South korea?

Maybe i missed the point
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X