Yet Another Cheating Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Cheating Question

If your partner of a long time (say 1 year+) cheats on you, and tells you asking forgiveness, do you forgive them?
    If they don't tell you, you find out some other way, then confront them and they ask forgiveness, do you forgive them?
    If they cheat on you more than once, do you forgive them?

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Maybe
    No
    No
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

If they're a tip drill
      Not unless there willing to give you sexual pleasures in return for forgiveness
      see above
      maisoul> ward, please go play in the oven
      1:adorn> roflmfao

1:Shock Therapy> get in an oven, and turn on self cleaning
      1:Shock Therapy> quick shower i swear
      1:adorn> rofl
      1:pegasis> brb going to try it

BestPlayer> Thats why we are made of atoms, and not pixy dust.

Comment

No, No, and No

My biggest issue in a relationship is trust--if that trust is violated, then there is no more relationship. Period.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Well, I should forgive anyone that asks for it. However, at the time of finding out she cheated on me I'd be a little too devastated to remember anything of the Bible. So at the time of finding out; no, when I've recovered; yes.

Comment

1.) I believe that you can MAKE anyone lie or cheat.
            2.) We are all human and we all make mistakes.

My opinion is that anyone who comes out and gives a firm 'no' to your questions is not being realistic and apparently has never made a mistake themselves.

I value truthfulness very highly, perhaps to a fault. But if you aren't going to give your partner some room about this subject, you stand a very good chance of eventually being greatly disappointed and alone.
            No, I am not saying that every single person will cheat, but the amount of ‘grey area’ on this subject is huge. If anyone really thinks that there partner won't fantasize about other people than you might want to consider never getting married. So is fantasizing cheating? Isn’t fantasizing about things and not disclosing them to your partner the same as not being truthful with them? What happens if you find out after many years that your partner has a fairly kinky fantasy, but was always too embarrassed to talk about it? Isn’t that a lie of omission?
            Nope, I have learned that you better be prepared to deal with the grey areas. You better be willing to cut some slack and count on your love and strength to get you through those kinds of tough times. This issue swings both ways.

Comment

I would just say: it's okay
              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

i would definitely break up with any girlfriend that i had if she ever touched another guys dick for any reason. making out, second base territory, i could imagine forgiving if she had a good story but id still be pretty pissed.

its tough for me, because as guy, id have to either put a decent amount of effort into cheating (buy girls drinks, pretend to be interested in what they have to say for at least an hour or two) or hook up with either someone ugly or skanky. neither of those appeal to me, so i cant ever imagine cheating in any capacity. however, for girls of even moderate attractiveness, they can walk into any bar or party and pretty much make out and have sex with 50% of the guys in the room if not more. so its tough to decide where to draw the line.
                5:gen> man
                5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                  No, No, and No

My biggest issue in a relationship is trust--if that trust is violated, then there is no more relationship. Period.
                  Yes, yes, no. Of course it depends. But everyone makes mistakes. If you have enough invested in a person and you are willing to reconcile, why not do it? You can still trust someone that makes mistakes if you have enough confidence that it is not likely to happen again.

The most important relationships require the most trust and sometimes the most forgiveness.

Deep, yo.

Comment

If a girl cheats on you, its basically the start of a slippery slope.
                    Would you be able to trust her again?
                    :whistling

Comment

Yes, no, last one depends on whether she was forgiven already, if so no, if not yes.

I feel it's very important to answer "yes" to the first question. It's better if she trusts you enough to tell you, than if she doesn't trust you and doesn't tell you and doesn't open up.
                      - k2

Comment

i dont think the answer to question 1 is a trust issue. im actually pretty surprised how many of you would forgive a girlfriend for cheating (im imagining youre talking about full-blown intercourse here, not light petting). if im going to date someone, i would trust that they would tell me, not because they thought id forgive them, but because they would be aware that cheating on someone and not telling them would make them a terrible person and, best case scenario, theyd be in an extremely flawed relationship.
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Maybe
                          Maybe
                          No

For me it would all depend on the girl. Of course if I was just dating her for pussy and didn't care about her then I'd kick her skank ass to the curb. If the situation proved she actually was a skank then I'd still say "fuck that ho." But if it was a girl I cared about and she actually convinced me she thought it was a complete mistake and wouldn't happen again then I'd probably end up forgiving her. Never again, though.

EDIT: Nevertheless, I'd be really pissed about it and give her a lot of shit until she cried multiple times. If she doesn't cry, then fuck that ho.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                            If you have enough invested in a person and you are willing to reconcile, why not do it? You can still trust someone that makes mistakes if you have enough confidence that it is not likely to happen again.

The most important relationships require the most trust and sometimes the most forgiveness.

The above is the best answer in this thread.
                            If you're gonna be grown up about the relationship, that is.
                            If you're not, then the answer is pretty obvious.

Eph's answer was good too, but the above is clear and to the point.
                            It's all about what you have invested. Don't gamble more than you're willing to lose.
                            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Yes.
                              Yes.
                              Yes.
                              If the girl is hot enough that is.
                              And you always got some good stick behind the door if you're cheating on her. Which you obviously do as a true man.
                              7:Barton> hi tats
                              7:Barton> still no smod?
                              7:Barton> :(
                              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Working...
                              X