• Show
Clear All

• Two Tough Questions

One of the few chainmails I liked:

"TWO TOUGH QUESTIONS

Question 1:

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who
    were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis,
    would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A -- Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B -- He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college, and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C -- He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Decide first ... no peeking, then scroll down for the response.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question:

If you said, "YES!" ...

you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone. Wait till you see the end of this note! Keep reading ...

Never be afraid to try something new ...

Remember ... Amateurs built the ark ... Professionals...built the Titanic!

And Finally ... can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse
    7 have been arrested for fraud
    19 have been accused of writing bad checks
    117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
    3 have done time for assault
    71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
    14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
    8 have been arrested for shoplifting
    21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
    84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year...

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.

The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line..."
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

thats interesting if its true
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Wow, that tricked me. =/

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
      3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
      3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
      1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
      BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
      Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

I didn't look ahead but knew it was just another one of those chain fwd email tricks.

Question number one is obvious...I don't go around recommending people have abortions. It's none of my business if people with bad genes want to reproduce.

Question 2 was obviously a trick because it was all about people's personal lives, and had no information about their political record/opinions.

And by the way, Hitler was a speed freak, according to historians. He had a bowl of amphetamine laced chocolates in his office, according to HBO's documentary about meth last season.

Edit: whoops, sorry. I just noticed you mentioned it was a chain email. Sorry for sounding so harsh. :P
        Last edited by Subjugation; 09-17-2005, 06:02 AM.

Comment

The "It's the 535 members of the United States Congress" is a pretty old joke dating form 1999. It does not reflect the current Congress.

The other questions are examples of reverse logic which neither prove or disprove anything.
          For example, you want to know if smoking pot leads to doing harder drugs. It is reverse logic to look at those people who do hard drugs and ask them if they ever smoked pot. The correct approach to look for a trend is to ask people who have smoked pot if they have ever done harder drugs.

If you used reversed logic, you can say that drinking milk leads to harder drug use, since most of the people using hard drugs also drank milk as a child.

So finding a single example or exception is not the correct way of making a point or establishing a judgement.

Comment

I actually picked Yes and B, because I thought C was too much of a pussy. lol
            DELETED

Comment

beethoven did nothing for me, i stand by my first answer. yes!

someone being a fagmo with a "clean body" doesn't make them any better.. I would most likely vote against anyone too afraid to have fun in life and instead become a prick.
              LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                And by the way, Hitler was a speed freak, according to historians. He had a bowl of amphetamine laced chocolates in his office, according to HBO's documentary about meth last season.
                +5 on the cool scale for eh fhuRer
                LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

I've heard both of those before. I used the abortion related one in a speech once, it was awesome. ^-^
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                  1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                  1:Chao <ER>> at all
                  1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                  1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                  Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Who cares.

Everyone dies, might as well kill them while they can't remember it.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

lol thats a novel way to think of it. Abortion doesn't matter to me, I believe in reincarnation.

Originally posted by Disliked
                      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                        I've heard both of those before. I used the abortion related one in a speech once, it was awesome. ^-^
                        Oh... that example has nothing to do with abortion... who would ever recommend abbortion on that case without knowing nothing about the development of the child?
                        That's just some silly example made to throw up sand to everyone's eyes... it doesnt have nothing to do with the issue...

It's a bit off topic but i dont care...

PS: My answers would be:

1: NO
                        2: B
                        3: Rofl it's funny ^-^ i think it might be worse nowadays... since even the President had alcoholic problems... "no let's not start another US bashing thread -_- "
                        A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

1: Yes
                          2: C

I already saw both these questions and my answers are still accurate. You always go on the information you have, not on phantoms or statistical improbabilities. So if someone has 8 kids with serious genetic defects, it is indeed correct to recommend that she not have any more children, and if all we know about those 3 candidates is the information provided, C is indeed the best choice.
                          - k2

Comment

question 1 = yes
                            question 2 = C

Why do you want to know this, and how is it tough those were very easy decisions.
                            Edit: I stand by my choices. Beethoven did nothing for me, and as for C I think because of hitler our technology sort of got a boost. America also wouldn't have been what it is today. That is what I believe. Don't get me wrong, I hate him for what he did, but the side-affect that was caused by him was probably a good thing.
                            Last edited by Krusnik; 09-17-2005, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Who is Beethoven? Joking
                              People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Working...
                              X