The Singularity is Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Singularity is Near

The Singularity refers to the point at which technology transcends natural biology. Thus the new terms 'Post-Darwianism' and 'Transhumanism'. Ray Kurzweil has come out with a new book: The Singularity Is Near. I featured Kurzweil in previous posts which were deemed as 'Sci Fi' by others here. This is the most important topic of the 21st century. For the first time, technology is not just being used to manipulate our external environment, it is being turned inward to manipulate ourselves.

The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil:

http://www.kurzweilai.net/news/frame...html?id%3D4848

www.singularity.com

---- ---- ---- ----

Related Threads:

The Meaning Of Life (Answer Actually Inside)
    Heaven On Earth
    The comming Post-Human Era
    Kurzweil Timeline of The Future
    Are you a Cosmist or Terran ?
    Virtual Sex [Kurzweil]
    Irradiate Your Brain with Transcranial Magnetic Pulses

Albert Einstein's theory of relativity is a set of two scientific theories in physics: special relativity and general relativity. These theories were conceived in order to explain the fact that electromagnetic waves do not conform to the Newtonian laws of motion. Electromagnetic waves were shown to move at a constant speed, independent of the motion of an observer. The core idea of both theories is that two observers who move relative to each other will measure different time and space intervals for the same events, but the content of physical law will be observed the same by both.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Special relativity
    * 2 General relativity
    * 3 See also
    * 4 External links

[edit]

Special relativity

Einstein's 1905 paper, "On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies", introduced the special theory of relativity. Special relativity considers that observers in inertial reference frames which are in uniform motion relative to one another cannot perform any experiment to determine which one of them is in "absolute motion". The theory postulates that the speed of light in vacuum will be the same for these observers (i.e. an observer invariant speed).

One of the strengths of special relativity is that it can be derived from only a few premises:

* The speed of light in vacuum is a constant (specifically, 299,792,458 metres per second).
    * The laws of physics are the same for all observers in inertial frames.

[edit]

General relativity

General relativity was published by Einstein in 1916 (submitted as a series of lectures before the Prussian Academy of Sciences November 25, 1915). General relativity is a geometrical theory which postulates that the presence of mass and energy "curves" spacetime, and this curvature affects the path of free particles (and even the path of light). It uses the mathematics of differential geometry and tensors in order to describe gravitation without the use of gravity. This theory considered all observers to be equivalent, not only those moving at a uniform speed.

[edit]

See also

* List of publications in physics: Theory of relativity
    * Special relativity including Special relativity for beginners
    * General relativity

[edit]

External links

* Probe set to test theory of Relativity - Aug. 07, 2004
    * Living Reviews in Relativity — An open access, peer-refereed, solely online physics journal publishing invited reviews covering all areas of relativity research.
    * Reflections on Relativity — A complete online course on Relativity.
    * Relativity explained in words of four letters or less
    * Briefing on Einstein's Theory of Relativity — A terse dose of insight on the subject.
    * Evaluation of Manyfold spacetime short cuts from Relativity
    * Did Einstein cheat? - July 06, 2000
    * Relativity: The Special and General Theory

This is a disambiguation page — a list of pages that otherwise might share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity"

Categories: Disambiguation | Relativity
    I am an expert these are all my own words I have wrote many well respected books on this subject I am a leading authority and I consult numerous people who request my advice which is why I often post on a spaceship game's forums about the subject to give the impression that I'm more intelligent and generally better than you
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I thought you wern't coming back?

Comment

T0NE, while I think your sources are sort of shady, I do debate about some things that's a bit similar on the forensic cirbuit

1. Nanotechnology and it's effects: World Peace or Grey Goo?
        2. The Crunch - Mainly stuff by Ophuls, that one day the Earth will be over-harvested and not even technology will save us
        3. Rights Malthus - An argument saying we can about the Crunch by converting to "ecological authoritarianism"

While I still think your posts are crazy-bordering-insanity, I do understand where you might be coming from here. :P

Do you read Drexler, Ophuls, or even Malthus? Drexler does nanotechnology and it's impact on society, Ophuls writes about the crunch, and Malthus...yeah.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

my sources are not shady

Ray Kurzweil has been described as “the restless genius” by the Wall Street Journal, and “the ultimate thinking machine” by Forbes. Inc. magazine ranked him #8 among entrepreneurs in the United States, calling him the “rightful heir to Thomas Edison,” and PBS included Ray as one of 16 “revolutionaries who made America,” along with other inventors of the past two centuries.
          He has received twelve honorary Doctorates and honors from three U.S. presidents.

he invented a lot of stuff too

according to zeus, someone cant post a cool thread unless they are trying to be smarter than everyone else but i disagree.

your posts are crazy-bordering-insanity,
          i know they are great arent they

Comment

T0ne will you be my boyfriend?
            We can stay up real late and discuss other peoples interesting theories :wub:
            :whistling

Comment

f

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "IT'S NEAR"

IT'S HERE SON, I HAVE PROOF

Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

your pills spelt singularity wrong.

Originally posted by Disliked
                Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

this is groundbreaking information and a thorough inquiry into the matter should be conducted
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Thanks for volunteering Ilyaz. I'll expect your first report tommorow morning.

Originally posted by Disliked
                    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

The singularity has supposedly been near for quite a while now, it still hasn't manifested.
                      - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Tone

The Singularity refers to the point at which technology transcends natural biology. Thus the new terms 'Post-Darwianism' and 'Transhumanism'. Ray Kurzweil has come out with a new book: The Singularity Is Near. I featured Kurzweil in previous posts which were deemed as 'Sci Fi' by others here. This is the most important topic of the 21st century. For the first time, technology is not just being used to manipulate our external environment, it is being turned inward to manipulate ourselves.

The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil:

http://www.kurzweilai.net/news/frame...html?id%3D4848

www.singularity.com

---- ---- ---- ----