X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nam vet shoots at cop

http://x702.putfile.com/videos/a9-26022345074.wmv

http://media.putfile.com/copkiller72220-5303

The topic I got this vid from said the veteran killed the cop, but I can't find a news link to back that up so I'll just say that he shot at the cop. There's a point where the cop screams and stops saying anything, but again I can't verify his death so I won't put that in the title.

While watching this, I wondered why didn't the cop just bring the guy down when he first approached him (I know I would have gotten my black ass shot), I guess it's because the guy was middle-aged / old, I dunno since I couldn't get a clear view of his face.

Do you think the cop should have shot him? How much backlash and bad press would be the result of that though? Pepper spray, strong-armed him? How would you have handled that situation?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

He should've just shot the fucker. Seriously, if I was a cop, and some guy was acting erratic and then grabbed a gun, that's all I would've needed after a single "drop the gun" call. Fuck hillbillies and their "right to bear arms" bullshit.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

I was injured in 'nam you know,

tripped over a rug.

Comment

You must not have looked too hard:

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=15034

Deputy Dinkheller was shot and killed after pulling over a man on a rural road about 6 miles north of Dublin, Georgia. During the traffic stop he called in for backup. Before the backup arrived he was shot by the man with a rifle. He was able to return fire, striking the suspect in the stomach. The suspect was found during a search the next morning and taken into custody. The incident was videotaped by an a camera in the cruiser. On January 28, 2000, the suspect was found guilty of murder and on January 30 was sentenced to death.

Deputy Dinkheller is survived by his pregnant wife and 22-month-old daughter. Deputy Dinkheller's son was born in early September, 1998.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
          He should've just shot the fucker. Seriously, if I was a cop, and some guy was acting erratic and then grabbed a gun, that's all I would've needed after a single "drop the gun" call. Fuck hillbillies and their "right to bear arms" bullshit.

The cop lost control of the situation long before he got the gun out. There are rules for this sort of thing, and after the man acquired a sight picture, then yeah, perfectly right to shoot him in self defense. But it shouldn't have gotten that far to begin with.

As to the fuck hillbillies line, that is monumentally disappointing.

Most police officers you find, are in favor of a right to bear arms. Pretty much every single one I've ever known, in fact. I feel bad for the loss of the deputy, and for his family, but it should've never gone on as long and gotten as far as it did.
          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Yea when I say "looked" , I mean typed " vietnam veteran kills police cop" , or something to that effect.

Sarien what did you mean by sight picture? I'm ignorant, plz enlighten me. I think if he had shot the old bastard then there would be a piss-fest and idiots would be clamoring for his badge.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Jesus christ... the screams of the police officer were blood curdling. As soon as he picked up the gun I would have blown his head off, I'm not risking my life because of some crazed redneck. Wow that enrages me, almost everything I stand for is left wing, but the only place that nut deserves to be is in the chair getting fried.
              I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                Sarien what did you mean by sight picture? I'm ignorant, plz enlighten me. I think if he had shot the old bastard then there would be a piss-fest and idiots would be clamoring for his badge.
                It's a term that means, raising or moving a gun to acquire aim.
                They don't have to wait to be fired on, or for a person to put their finger on the trigger, or for someone to be about to fire. Acquiring a sight picture (pointing a gun in the direction of) a cop, is enough to get a person dead.

You're right if he had shot the guy before he had justification, there would've been, and rightly so, and any cop that ever kills a person before justification, deserves to go to prison.

The key thing here, it should never have gotten as far as it did. There was a LOT of time for him to be taking a different approach other than just yelling at the guy. Yeah, Bob, the screams on both side were pretty horrible. It's a shame that this played out like it did, for everybody concerned.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

He should have maced him when he went after him, then shot him when he got the gun out.

Those screams were hard to listen to.
                  k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

I totally agree with you Roggan. When I saw it my hair just stood on end. The deputy's screams were just horrifying. The shooter shouldn't have been sentenced with death. I would've enjoyed to see him go to jail for life, with no parole. They ought to have locked him up, and only supply him with food, and clothes.
                    Last edited by Krusnik; 09-23-2005, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                      As to the fuck hillbillies line, that is monumentally disappointing.
                      If you're crazy or mentally unstable in any way, you should not be allowed to own a gun. End of story.
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by majin-uub
                        They ought to have locked him up, and only supply him with food, and clothes.

Definately not, and why? It costs money.

Like here in Finland, our prisoners daily food is worth about $6/prisoner. Us who go to schools, our daily food is worth about 0.30$/student. Where the FUCK is the right in that? We haven't done anything wrong, and yet we eat shit food - compared to the prisoners - who HAVE done wrong.

This fuck was sentenced to death, which was good. No point (or nothing good will be brought) in having him alive.
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Too bad an execution costs shitloads of money.

And while you have to feed a prisoner for the whole day, a school only has to feed its students lunch once a day because you are expected to eat at home too.
                          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Hmmm... sad
                            AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Isn't it a little bit of an oxymoron to Kill someone because they did wrong by killing someone?
                              7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                              1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                              8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                              Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                              Piston> I own in belim
                              6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Working...
                              X