WoW virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW virus?

I don't play World of Warcraft, but something happened so big that it made the news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4272418.stm

In the last week, it added the Zul'Gurub dungeon which gave players a chance to confront and kill the fearsome Hakkar - the god of Blood.

In his death throes Hakkar hits foes with a "corrupted blood" infection that can instantly kill weaker characters.

The infection was only supposed to affect those in the immediate vicinity of Hakkar's corpse but some players found a way to transfer it to other areas of the game by infecting an in-game virtual pet with it.

This pet was then unleashed in the orc capital city of Ogrimmar and proved hugely effective as the Corrupted Blood plague spread from player to player.

Although computer controlled characters did not contract the plague, they are said to have acted as "carriers" and infected player-controlled characters they encountered.
    Blizzard tried to control the plague by staging rolling re-starts of all the servers supporting the Warcraft realms and applying quick fixes.

However, there are reports that this has not solved all the problems and that isolated pockets of plague are breaking out again.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Yeah i know.. if your char is strong enough to survive it then there are ways to get rid of it and blizzard is working on a hotfix atm
    2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
    2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
    2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
    2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
    2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
    2:Cig Smoke> thdx
    2:Miksel> elim 3
    2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
    2:Morgane> LOL
    2:Enflame> haha
    2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

Lol thats actually quite amusing. Its a fully fledged plague outbreak. If a character dies does it stay dead, permanently? (or is it ressurectable?)

Originally posted by Disliked
      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

You think that's bad? An Undead rogue gave my Orcish Hunter the clap.

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
          Lol thats actually quite amusing. Its a fully fledged plague outbreak. If a character dies does it stay dead, permanently? (or is it ressurectable?)
          You can ress.. all you have to do is to run from the closest graveyard to your corpse.I don't know if you keep the plague ( doubt it) but i allmost feel like getting it with my main (hardly play on it atm) and then run to the human starting place and give the plague to all the newbies there :fear:
          2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
          2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
          2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
          2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
          2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
          2:Cig Smoke> thdx
          2:Miksel> elim 3
          2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
          2:Morgane> LOL
          2:Enflame> haha
          2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

So...WoW is dieing? Will that bring back the Pallies?
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

http://wowaids.ytmnd.com/
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

lmao, that's hilarious.

Comment

omfg i wanna know what server that was on, i think i saw that happen. Unless it was some other random newb spamming "EVERYONE HAS AIDS".

Glad i left ogrimmar a few days ago.
                  k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

hahah its like the real life plague from the <insert years of plague here>.
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Its on many, many servers, I'm just not logging in cause my character is too weak to keep it.
                      DELETED

Comment

It's not on Laughing Skull Hordeside, but I've seen it on a number of other servers. It's not on any of the new ones, obviously :] (although Dark Iron probably has it by now)
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Glad i left ogrimmar a few days ago.
                          Run for your life, become a recluse hiding in the wilderness sniping off anything that comes near you! Not to mention screaming beserker chants at them.

BTW, are undead immune to this plague?
                          Last edited by Theif of Time; 09-23-2005, 08:58 PM.

Originally posted by Disliked
                          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Yeah, everyone in IF is going "OMGWTF" because the plague is owning them. I think the new patch fixed it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                              You think that's bad? An Undead rogue gave my Orcish Hunter the clap.

made me laugh
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X