Crazy university parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy university parties

So this weekend is homecoming weekend at my university (Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada). The city where my school is only has 100,000 people, and a lot of the area around the school are basically student-only neighbourhoods and so it's a perfect setup for something crazy.

Homecoming is a time for the yearly really big football game (vs who I have no idea as I didn't go) where our 8000-seat 'stadium' actually fills up for the only time during the year. It's also a time for old graduates to come back and party and for really old graduates to come back for 10,20,25 or whatever year anniversaries.

It's also an excuse to party like there's no tomorrow. The parties start the night before and the streets are literally filled with drunken people. There were multi-keggers all across campus the night before, with some even running out of beer by 11:30 because they were so packed. In the morning of the Saturday of, starting as early as 8am, many people will have house pancake & beer parties with tons of people open to all. This is followed by a continous day of drinking mixed with the football game. At night of course is where the real crazyness happens.

Traditionally there is one street which is mostly 1st and 2nd year students living in rented houses which hosts the absolutely craziest parties. This street even has things like running their own olympics sometime near frosh week (with such events as old appliance toss) which is incredibly well organized. Last year 6 of the houses banded together and with their common backyard they hired a band and had a 20-keg party. It got so crazy that the police came in and shut it down, and this year the school planned a seperate free concert (with none other than Metric and Billy Talent) to try and deflect off the crowds. Even the police were out in full force with riot gear, guys on horses and so on.

Of course all their attempts were in vain. What followed was quite possibly the craziest university party I'd ever seen. For about a 4-block radius from the center street of partying (the street is only about 2 blocks long) there were endless students all over (this is a university of only about 15,000 students). After about 10:30 the police gave up trying to stop people from walking on the road and they instead cordoned off a 4-block area and closed the streets. Of course it was possible to get inside via alleyways and so on so the inside was jammed pack to the brim with drunk students and alumni, drinking on the streets with parties at each house. I'd never seen anything like it, with thousands upon thousands of students just going absolutely crazy, throwing bottles everywhere and all completely drunk. At around 12:30am some students managed to flip over a car (some idiot parked on the street), then over the next three hours managed to reflip it over and over for a total of 8 times. People were running around with carparts over their heads from the gutted hulk which had people jumping on it like some crazy mob while drinking. At this point there was so much broken glass on both the road, the sidewalk, the front porches and the grass that anyone without good shoes must have been hurting.. I'd say there was safely an inch of broken glass covering everything.

Meanwhile the police were still trying unsuccessfully to stop it, and they even had riot police popping speed pills to go ballistic on the students. The cops had bottles hurled at them. The horses they were riding on had bottles hurled at them. But then people started hurling bottles at what was left of the car. At this point gas started leaking out, and people cleared out. Then someone must have threw a cigarette at the car because it lit on fire and started blazing away.

It was without a doubt the craziest party I'd ever seen...

Anyone else have any good stories?
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-25-2005, 04:28 PM.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Originally posted by Epinephrine
    After about 10:30 the police gave up trying to stop people from walking on the road and they instead cordoned off a 4-block area and closed the streets.
    I think really like that university.

Anyway, the craziest party I've ever been to was one where a ton of friends and people I vaguely knew, and it was at the lake. Lots of drinking and skinny-dipping and drinking and making out and drinking and music and drinking and sex and drinking. People underestimate how crazy shit can get when you're in a small town in the country.

Needless to say, the morning after sucked really hard for most of the people there.

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
    3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
    3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
    1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
    BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
    Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

Sounds like Cinco De Mayo in Cincinnati. A few years ago there were actual riots in the streets and ever since anyone found inciting a riot will get arrested and expelled from school. Everyone starts at about 4:00 the day before and by the time 12am rolls around everyone is so tired/drunk all sorts of crazy shit happens. The past 2 years I've blacked out and end up half naked in a friends closet. Last year was the worst because at around 5:30 when I got down to my budy's house they had 2 bottles of everclear and 2 and a half kegs. One keg and one of the bottles was done destroyed by 9:00. By the time everyone passed out 3-4am we only had less than half a keg left. The next day (when the real party begins) we ended up driving back down to the liquor store and bought a bottle of voldka, a bottle of Goldschlager, a flask of Jägermeister and got a keg refilled. Needless to say I don't really remember much other than walking down the street at 11 and seeing cops mace drunk people passed out on the curbs. I hope this year is just as fun.

Comment

I went to a local college's excuse for a homecoming last year, and I just said fuck this and went home and had way more fun drinking Dr. Pepper and Vodka while playing XBOX Live.

I was on XPlay's "We heard it on XBOX Live". It was funny.
        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

So this weekend is homecoming weekend at my university (Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada). The city where my school is only has 100,000 people, and a lot of the area around the school are basically student-only neighbourhoods and so it's a perfect setup for something crazy.

Homecoming is a time for the yearly really big football game (vs who I have no idea as I didn't go) where our 8000-seat 'stadium' actually fills up for the only time during the year. It's also a time for old graduates to come back and party and for really old graduates to come back for 10,20,25 or whatever year anniversaries.

It's also an excuse to party like there's no tomorrow. The parties start the night before and the streets are literally filled with drunken people. There were multi-keggers all across campus the night before, with some even running out of beer by 11:30 because they were so packed. In the morning of the Saturday of, starting as early as 8am, many people will have house pancake & beer parties with tons of people open to all. This is followed by a continous day of drinking mixed with the football game. At night of course is where the real crazyness happens.

Traditionally there is one street which is mostly 1st and 2nd year students living in rented houses which hosts the absolutely craziest parties. This street even has things like running their own olympics sometime near frosh week (with such events as old appliance toss) which is incredibly well organized. Last year 6 of the houses banded together and with their common backyard they hired a band and had a 20-keg party. It got so crazy that the police came in and shut it down, and this year the school planned a seperate free concert (with none other than Metric and Billy Talent) to try and deflect off the crowds. Even the police were out in full force with riot gear, guys on horses and so on.

Of course all their attempts were in vain. What followed was quite possibly the craziest university party I'd ever seen. For about a 4-block radius from the center street of partying (the street is only about 2 blocks long) there were endless students all over (this is a university of only about 15,000 students). After about 10:30 the police gave up trying to stop people from walking on the road and they instead cordoned off a 4-block area and closed the streets. Of course it was possible to get inside via alleyways and so on so the inside was jammed pack to the brim with drunk students and alumni, drinking on the streets with parties at each house. I'd never seen anything like it, with thousands upon thousands of students just going absolutely crazy, throwing bottles everywhere and all completely drunk. At around 12:30am some students managed to flip over a car (some idiot parked on the street), then over the next three hours managed to reflip it over and over for a total of 8 times. People were running around with carparts over their heads from the gutted hulk which had people jumping on it like some crazy mob while drinking. At this point there was so much broken glass on both the road, the sidewalk, the front porches and the grass that anyone without good shoes must have been hurting.. I'd say there was safely an inch of broken glass covering everything.

Meanwhile the police were still trying unsuccessfully to stop it, and they even had riot police popping speed pills to go ballistic on the students. The cops had bottles hurled at them. The horses they were riding on had bottles hurled at them. But then people started hurling bottles at what was left of the car. At this point gas started leaking out, and people cleared out. Then someone must have threw a cigarette at the car because it lit on fire and started blazing away.

Here in Portugal we have lots of similar events!!
          At the beggining of the school year all Unis give some huge parties to the newcomers it's the "newcomer" party.
          But we have one that is THE really huge party at a town called Coimbra wich is a sort of portuguese Oxford... the entire town is almost made up and dedicated to study... at the end of the Uni year everyone that is ending their course does some special ritual where they burn a number of ribbons according to the number of years that took them to complete the course... the entire country goes to a week long party where the entire town celebrates... it's called "Queima das Fitas" it's a tradition spread through all the country but that started on that little old town... it's really nice to go to all those crazy parties everywhere you look you see everyone drinking and having a good time from the morning untill the day after, for the entire week.
          It's a huge event, and an ancient academic tradition "trying to drink the most for an entire week withouth getting a coma" -_- otherwise it's really great!
          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Cool, one of my family friends goes to Queens B)

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
              I went to a local college's excuse for a homecoming last year, and I just said fuck this and went home and had way more fun drinking Dr. Pepper and Vodka while playing XBOX Live.
              i dont know if its more sad that you drink dr pepper and vodka or prefer playing xbox to being at a party

campus-wide college parties ive been to:

rugby party at villanova - shitloads of kegs out in a field while "watching" a rugby game, the annual puking contest makes this one extra special

foxfield races at uva - byob, but everyone in the school goes and everyone wears nice clothes. for guys its easy but all the girls are all wearing ridiculously expensive sundresses, many of which are slutty, which rules. its technically supposed to be about the horse race, i went and was totally going to bet, but it turns out that you cant even bet on the races, i didnt quite understand that part, but whatever.

quadfest at radford - theres absolutely nothing to do at radford so people just pick a day down there to walk around and get wasted, and literally everyone on campus does. despite the fact that radford girls are dumb as shit and radford has one of the highest std rates in the country, they are really good to look at, even if dangerous to touch. instead of watching a horse race or rugby game, you get to watch crazy meatheads get arrested, which, truth of the matter, is more fun.

mardi gras (tulane/loyola) - duh
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                i dont know if its more sad that you drink dr pepper and vodka or prefer playing xbox to being at a party
                It's sad that the party sucked so much that I would rather do those two things than be at the party.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                  rugby party at villanova - shitloads of kegs out in a field while "watching" a rugby game, the annual puking contest makes this one extra special
                  Wow, I was invited to go to one of those parties from one of the Villanova Rugby players. He taught me all the shit I know about Rugby that I am currently playing in Highschool. I ended up not going due to work or someother bullshit. Sounded like a rad time.

Comment

oooh that would suck if you were in the u.s.

i know at ohio state after they won the national championship they rioted and the police posted as many pictures as they could get on their website and said "turn in whoever you recognize here" and all the kids who cant get laid or are bitter for some other reason turned kids in the pictures in. people got charges pressed even if they were just standing there in the pictures not doing anything.

Comment

And also as a result at ohio state, we now have countless hundreds of police officers roaming the whole campus and off campus area the whole day on football saturdays. Supposidly we also have undercover cops going around checking for underage too. I haven't seen that, but I have seen cops standing on street corners issuing underage citations to anyone that LOOKED like they had been drinking and wasn't 21.
                      The song doesn't make your hands clap,
                      The hand claps make the song

Comment

that sucks, the drinking age here is so dumb. finally being 21 and not having to think about it rules. although last weekend i was down at uva and my friend stepped off my other friends property for literally two seconds and got an open container charge for holding a beer from a cop that just turned the corner. at least it was a 25 dollar fine instead of whatever the penalty is for underage.

Comment

Working...
                        X