Vista/Longhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista/Longhorn

Yea so I decided to stay up, instead of sleeping, and do various things which might or might not have included installing the beta 1 version of windows vista (aka longhorn). the UI looks alot better that previous versions, but other than that it just seems like a hack of xp (well its beta and windows, what do you expect).

screen 1
    screen 2
    screen 3
    screen 4

I'll probably post some other crap about it when I use it some more.
    Like, there was this ninja who got
    ticked off at some people who kept
    talking while he was trying to rock
    out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
    flipped out and sang at them till
    they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Looks suspicously like a winXP theme i've been using for over a year now.
    SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

has a linux feel

Comment

They have screenshots on their official site by the way.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Hmm, system properties has a bar on the task bar now? I guess I can't lose the windows like that and display properties under other windows and discover then three hours later when I close the other windows. Or I suppose I could hold/check alt-tab more often.
          People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Can't wait to pirate it.

Comment

oh yea, theres some new version of IE thats slightly more minimalistic. It has tabbed browsing and what-not, but I still think opera and firefox are 100x better though.

screen 1

also I noticed that vista has some problems with passwords on websites, it will tell me its wrong but its obviously the right password. well whatever.

Comment

Yea also the start menu is diffrent. if you click "all programs" it doesent have some popup menu like in all previous versions of windows. it opens the list in the window thing above it. Also theres a little search bar thing under "all programs" that lets you search through "all programs" and shows the results instantaneously as you type.

regular start menu
                "all programs" opened
                program search

Comment

You have an earlier version that what is on the MS Site, so there's probably more stuff.
                  USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                  ---A few minutes later---
                  9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                  9:Kim> UM
                  9:Kim> i didn't
                  9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                  9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                  9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                  9:pascone> lol?

Comment

So should I like, upgrade or should I just wait.

Is there a difference?
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

DTF dont get the beta. Many of the drivers that you have right know aren't supported on the beta. I wouldn't reccomend getting vista with your current computer though. I would wait untill Vista specialized computers come out. The style sorta resembles the one I'm using right know lol.........

Comment

ok good.

I have a laptop, so there is a driver for everything. It looks like just an XP Style change to me, but I don't know the difference.
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Vista is a complete overhaul of the OS--it's not just an upgrade of Windows XP (in the same sense that XP was an upgrade from 2000).
                          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

but is there anything PHYSICALLY different with the Beta?

Comment

Yeah I guess.... Later on they are going to release pci express 2 with it. That surprised me because only a few people use PCI express 1. It has a new file system, new internet explorer. Some other stuff i can't remember atm. The beta is not a good idea to have simply, because it has certain glitches that may screw you over.

Comment

Working...
                              X