Say goodbye to your mp3 player and camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say goodbye to your mp3 player and camera

I just discovered this gem while looking at Sony Ericsson phones--I'm trying to look for a phone I might like for when I attend college, i hope, during the fall of 2006--and can't believe all of the features that it offers.

EDIT: Sony Ericsson W800 (my bad)

It incorporates a 2.3 megapixel camera, 512mb+34internal phone memory (and upgradable to 1 gb through the purchase of a card) for mp3, and you can talk on it. Of course.

With the advancement of technology, more specifically memory storage, the phones that come out in the near future will make mp3 players obselete. It's all about the multi-function gadgets, and this phone looks sheek too.

If I went to college, I'd rather just carry that around, although it'd be a less-than-a-pound package summing up to about $500 sitting in my pocket, than haul around a camera, phone, and mp3 player. I'd have to pay for each separately, and granted each will be much more useful in its respective category, but 2.3 megs is quite a lot especially when cameras back then costed quite a bit for that much. You can get 7-10ish megapixels now for upwards of $500, and 2-5 megapixel cameras for $500 or less, so why not just pay a little extra (or less) for the phone which can also play mp3 players.

I want it badly, like I want to stop playing Continuum badly, but I can't.
    Last edited by Blanke; 09-28-2005, 11:22 PM.
    boo...:eek:

Yeah it was already out in Hong Kong and Japan when I was there earlier this summer. Pretty kickass phone I'd say.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

I'll buy it for $500
      DELETED

Comment

That can't put 20gb of music at my fingertips though. Suppose I completely change what I want to listen to mid-stride? You just can't do that with flash-based mp3 players.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

http://www.nokia.com/nseries/index.h...nside,main_n91

2M pixel's (BTW, amount of pixels does not equal quality, which many of you still think).
          4GiB memory for stuff, like mp3's.
          WLAN, B-tooth, USB 2.0
          Series-60

Also it looks just as ugly as that Sony-Ericsson.
          Original Mambonian
          TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
          I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

GiB?

Comment

A nice phone with bad mp3 player and bad camera? Why can't they make a real camera with a built in phone and mp3 player instead. Imagine people could call your camera! No but really, they should just focus on making the cell phones better than to pack them with crappy functions such as the camera and mp3.

Comment

I have a Sony Ericsson phone now, it turns itself on and off whenever it feels like, so I won't be buying another sony one.

Comment

I think you set it to 'energy saving' then :P
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The idea of combining is nice, but unless they come up with much stronger accumulators you shouldn't listen to mp3's on the phone or your battery goes buh bye and you cannot use the phone for it's primary purpose anymore. So it's easier to get an mp3 player than to carry a separate accumulator for listening to music and to using phone.

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                    1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                    1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                    1:Zloy> Why
                    1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

It's the same as K750i, except for more space, and the buttons are shit.
                      DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                      Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                      Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                      -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bawls
                        GiB?
                        gibibyte
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibyte

Originally posted by Zloy
                        The idea of combining is nice, but unless they come up with much stronger accumulators you shouldn't listen to mp3's on the phone or your battery goes buh bye and you cannot use the phone for it's primary purpose anymore. So it's easier to get an mp3 player than to carry a separate accumulator for listening to music and to using phone.
                        They already have, alcohol and gasoline based batterys which last way longer than what we have now in use. Biggest problem with those are how to make them safe to use right now. Having electricy and gasoline in my pocket does not sound safe.
                        Original Mambonian
                        TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                        I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

id prefer that nokia one
                          (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                          (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                          \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                          << evoce >>
                          /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                          (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                          (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
                          TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
                          TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

my friend has one its been out over here atleast a couple of months

Comment

Problem is that usually those require their original headphones which are crap. And 2mpix cam isn't really enough if you want to take some serious pictures, perhaps it's ok when you go get yourself drunk etc and want to remember something from that night..
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X