The current basingsquads. A summary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current basingsquads. A summary.

I felt like making a summary on the current basingsquads as the off-season is coming to an end. I undoubtably forgot to mention things/people I should have mentioned. I've written this alone and in one draft. These are my views so feel free to disagree.

The category eyecatchers consists of people who caught my attention in last season and during off-season for their skill. These are hardly the only people I respect and admire for their game.

This summary is based on the rosters found on www.trenchwars.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

squad: Anti-Scrub
    endranking previous season: 4
    eyecatchers: Brookus, Mootland Farmer, Windreaper
    my opinion: One of the better basingsquads in trenchwars. Home to great individual talent like Brookus (terr) and Windreaper (shark). Maybe a bit disapointed last season for not ending in top 3 which is certainly within their capacities but that doesn't mean they won't try again this season.

squad: Atheist
    endranking previous season: new squad
    eyecatchers: Hannes, Mitch, Raspi
    my opinion: One of the new and promising basingsquads (of which we have many!). Maybe will have to experiment with their line up a little. Have some very experienced players in their lines like Ara, Hannes and Path of Daggers. If they want to they can end top 5.

squad: Camisade
    eyecatchers: pasco
    my opinion: Another new basingsquad. Have some solid basers like dopeshow, ShadowDragons, Slicer, Zerzera and their cap Pasco who's very active and a great spider/terr. The problem is that I just summed up more than half of their roster. May want to lower their recruitingstandards but defenatly on the right track if they can stay on their feet.

squad: Cripples
    endranking previous season: 5
    eyecatchers: Ephemeral, Khisanth, Utopia
    my opinion: One of the best javteams in trenchwars without doubt. But basingwise they're but a shadow of what they once were. Even though they lost some great players they still have more than enough talent to be a top 5 basingsquad. Ephemeral returns! Without doubt one of tw's best terrs, if not the best. With a few more recruits and fresh spirit these guyz can rip a serious hole in the leagues. The question is are they gonna be there when it matters?

squad: Dekai
    eyecatchers: Nailed
    my opinion: New basingsquad number 3. This is a squad with less individual talent but they compensate this with teamwork and charactre. They might not be able to sneak in the top 5 but they'll hand out their share of whoopass without doubt.

squad: Elusive
    endranking previous season:
    eyecatchers: 2dragons, Blood, Disqualifier, Rule
    my opinion: Considered by many to be the next ld and lj champions Elusive seems to have expanded their goals for next season. Undisputable talent and experience. The question is will they be able to put the effort into basing? If Rule manages to drag his team outof elim every once in a while to play some base they too have top 5 potential.

squad: Floydians
    eyecatchers: Greven il-Vec
    my opinion: New basingsquad number 4. Fresh from the pubs Floydians is in my opinion one of the weaker newcomers in the league but that doesn't mean they deserve no respect. Show alot of motivation to perfect their gameplay and practise almost daily. They'll give it their best and snoop away some points off of squads who underestimate them.

squad: Mambo
    eyecatchers: Credit Account, RabbitRapist
    my opinion: Possibly the best new basingsquad. Slew some giants in pre-season practise games. Although many consider these games not relevant for predicitions they r not without meaning. If you get beat you get beat. Also a very active and talented cap Credit Account (shark). Like Pasco (Camisade) a relatively new player but prepared to put a lot of time into the game.

squad: No Surrender
    endranking previous season: 7
    eyecatchers: Vampz
    my opinion: Like Anti-Scrub, No Surrender had hoped for a bit better result last season. I'm not up to date on new recruits but the roster shows some solid and active basers like Vampz, ckpoon, Fluffz, Mrs. Magoo and Telcat <LG>. Might not make top 5 because there's simply a LOT of competition.

squad: Onix
    endranking previous season: 8
    eyecatchers: deusXmachina, Isreal
    my opinion: Onix holds some experienced basers like deusXmachina, Isreal, Fallen Haven and Webbb. They too will have to look for teamwork to win their games.

squad: Paladen
    endranking previous season: 6
    eyecatchers: BobR, KJW
    my opinion: Impressive roster, 30 players strong. A very unconsistent squad basingwise if you ask me. One day they can put the heat to every squad, the next they will loose poorly. If their best manage to show they too deserve a place in base.

squad: Pallies
    endranking previous season: 3
    eyecatchers: Divine Rides, Mythrandir, Pearl Jam
    my opinion: Performed very well last season. On paper Pallies are a big contender for first place. Their roster is packed with talented and experienced players in all ships. Hard to pick out names. I'd have to mention almost their whole roster. Disturbing is that a lot of them have become very inactive during off-season. This happened before and left and right you'll hear that they'll be back in time for the leagues. But I can't help to think what if they don't... Let's hope they do cause the league wouldn't be the same without them.

squad: sk8
    eyecatchers: Dai Shan, postzegel
    my opinion: Looks like they too have expanded their roster compared to last season. It holds some good basers like Dai Shan, Melo <ER>, postzegel and Tigerex <ER>. Will have a hard time to end up in top 5. But as I said before, understimate them and you might end up with a red and shiny bottom.

squad: Stone
    eyecatchers: a2m+, M_M GOD
    my opinion: Stone is back. Were they ever gone? I'm not sure. a2m+ will be returning after christmas which will certainly add to their potential in base. Have talented players like Acid, JeBu, M_M GOD and Riarmada. Some more active than others. Might want to recruit some more if they plan to be competitive in base.

squad: whiterabbits
    eyecatchers: castromarx, kuukunen, Malladrin
    my opinion: The rabbits are, along with Disoblige and Pallies the top contenders for the number 1 spot. Impressed all last season with fresh and agressive basing. Have some of the best spiderteamwork in tw caused by Arrogance, Ezo, Gnome, LaBero, Malladrin, Project [V-irus], Shade's Child and friends. Show talent and motivation in every ship. They are ready and shouldn't settle for anything but nr 1.

squad: wtfz
    eyecatchers: Annux, Eeks, Louis XV
    my opinion: New basingsquad number 6 if I'm not mistaken. Without doubt the most interesting squad. A big chunk of the old Vortex mixed with very experienced new recruits. Check out their latest pub pics on these forums. These guyz know how to have fun. The question is will they be able to keep theirselves outof other peoples turf? Let's hope they do because wtfz makes this league a lot more interesting. Top 5 potential.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left out Disoblige cause I felt like I couldn't make an objective report.

I left out the rankings I coudnt remember of squads that played last season since www.twleagues.org was down and I didn't feel like waiting with posting this thread. Feel free to add them in pen when you hang the print-out above your bed.

I think this summary shows that next seasons twlb or whatever they'll call it will be GREAT. More competitive basingsquads (16), more talented players, more FUN. I for one can't wait.

warportal.
    Last edited by warportal; 12-09-2002, 12:30 PM.
    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

That's alot :eek: Thnx for letting me know whats going on in basingland! since im not able to play in this shitty england!
    Its going to be a great season i see see you all next year
    Sticks and stones may brake my bones,
    BUT WHIPS AND CHAINS EXCITE ME!!

A friend will bail you outta jail, but a true friend will be sittin right next to ya sayin DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Comment

OMG! Paladen is not poor..

Comment

ty you always catch my eye too wp
        jee

Comment

Re: The current basingsquads. A summary.

Originally posted by warportal
          That big list.
          Heres my two pennies worth:

Just because a squad have well respected players doesnt make them a good basing squad. By saying that I have just written off the chances of both Atheist and Elusive *gulp*.

Although wtfz beat us the other day, if most of theirs and stone's members had stayed in Cripples (maybe changing their name to Stripplez) then they would be the favourites by far. As it is, one very good team is split over three squads.

For the same reasons as WP, I cant write anything about Dekai. But I will anyway. As it stands at the moment, since our co-cap (deus) left, our best terr is American and unable to make the times we schedule for practice matches, so we are unable to get some truely good practice. We also have some kind of weird 'everysharkonlinedisconnectsassoonaswegetnearmatch time' disorder, which is a bugger and the reason we were whooped against wtfz. Seeings as we have got Hakkeloitava, Jeansi, zXer, Nailed and Wir as our main sharks, it is a pain in the arse.

I'm sorry Floyds, but if you continue to play like you did against us you're screwed , and the same goes to NS if most of your squad remains perma-afk.

Mambo, what can I say? Two very good games against you (we should have won the first game by loads), but still thoroughly enjoyable. Should go far if the captains stop bitching.

Whiterabbits surprised many when they were the under dogs, now they aren't I've got a feeling they'll be sussed.

Originally posted by Aim2kill
          since im not able to play in this shitty england!
          Less of it!
          Last edited by ZeUs!!; 12-09-2002, 03:12 PM.
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

nice work wp.
            I will now do the Disoblige thing

squad: Disoblige
            endranking previous season 2
            eyecatcher: Mantra-slider,koan,warpo offcourse,....
            my opinion: Hmmm...i think Disoblige is stronger then ever this season. They have found out their perfect line-up, they do some great teamwork and they have almost the best people in almost every ship. I think that this season, no squad can resist the "diso-powa".

-cundor
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Re: The current basingsquads. A summary.

Originally posted by warportal

squad: Mambo
              eyecatchers: Credit Account, RabbitRapist
              my opinion: Possibly the best new basingsquad. Slew some giants in pre-season practise games. Although many consider these games not relevant for predicitions they r not without meaning. If you get beat you get beat. Also a very active and talented cap Credit Account (shark). Like Pasco (Camisade) a relatively new player but prepared to put a lot of time into the game.

warportal. [/B]
              Tssssssssssssss...

I didnt even got mentioned at the eyecatchers.. Since i am about the biggest eyecatcher, by posting alot of crap, and talking alot in the game, I think Alot of people know me..

Tho I dont know if the is a positive eyecatching But I am certainly an eyecatcher..

Pasco aint a new player :/...

And the time creds puts in is nothing compared to the time I put in to play.. never missed a match so far.. even if it means kicking my brother of the computer.. wich I think is alot of fun to do..

Anyways I wasnt mentioned and I should be seeing I am one of the best known member of mambo, next to rr and cred....

Just felt like posting more crap, so here are my 2 euros..
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

<<< ---- Very bored, so posting more crap..

Diso... Hmm

Squad: Diso..
                endranking previous season: second
                eyecatchers : were shall I begin... Mantra, Jonas, Plob#f just to name a few..
                My opinion: I think the are prob the best basing squad in tw since I have been playing.. That a little bit over a year now, dont know what they did before I played, I think the owned asswell . Atleast the got like all the top players for all the ships, good terr, good sharks, extremly good spiders.. and a good jav.. And there teamwork is great. And no matter how good your players are the teamwork does it. Just like Mambo, we only got like 2-3 Top players, but our teamwork is great. So I think diso will just keep on owning this season.. Maybe they will have some close games. Vs wr and pallies, but I think Diso will just own the leagues.
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Don't go fishing for compliments.

Nice report warportal, seeing all the squads you have listed really encourages the basing league. Perhaps now, TWL-B can follow suit as TWL-D and TWL-J can be split into two conferences providing teams don't disband after TWD. Possibly allowing teams to play each other twice also so everyone wins.

Comment

Re: Re: The current basingsquads. A summary.

Originally posted by Galleleo
                    Tssssssssssssss...

I didnt even got mentioned at the eyecatchers.. Since i am about the biggest eyecatcher, by posting alot of crap, and talking alot in the game, I think Alot of people know me..

Tho I dont know if the is a positive eyecatching But I am certainly an eyecatcher..

Pasco aint a new player :/...

And the time creds puts in is nothing compared to the time I put in to play.. never missed a match so far.. even if it means kicking my brother of the computer.. wich I think is alot of fun to do..

Anyways I wasnt mentioned and I should be seeing I am one of the best known member of mambo, next to rr and cred....

Just felt like posting more crap, so here are my 2 euros..

well galleleo. for me u werent an eyecatcher. Don't worry though, you got the whole leagues ahead to proove ur precious little ego

pasco is relatively new for me. That means i just discovered his talent. nothing more nothing less.

and if ur bored go play ss.
                    Last edited by warportal; 12-09-2002, 12:28 PM.
                    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Hehe..

Like I said, I always post crap, so usually dont pay attention to it, tho I made 2 serious posts today.. Man I must be sick or something..

Comment

Zeus!! the only reason you lost was that you mess up your lineups. I had the feeling people weren't in the correct ships.
                        Originally posted by Diakka
                        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

hey i heard Peej quit subspace.
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Good predictions WP, as always.

Ri
                            (Squitch)> Is Ri a bot???

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                              Zeus!! the only reason you lost was that you mess up your lineups. I had the feeling people weren't in the correct ships.
                              Yeah, it was a case of improvisation. We had to make do with what we had, even if that meant putting Nailed in shark.
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X