TWL Playoff Structuring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Playoff Structuring

I've been pondering the structure of this seasons TWL playoffs, and have some thoughts on what I would like to do. Nothing too concrete as of yet, mainly just thoughts about what I liked or disliked about last years structure, and how I may use some of those ideas this season. I invite you to comment on the playoff structures, and offer any ideas of your own for possible changes.

Here are some of my early ideas.
    • TWLJ/D single elimination matches with a best of 5 games record to win
    • or, best of 3 games single elimination matches
    • Allow all teams into a multi week tournament, regular season is played for tourny seeding positions
    • Leave TWLB's playoffs in same form as last year, 3 20 minute rounds per match single elimination

These are just some thoughts, bounce your own ideas around here.

-PUSH
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

im a bigger fan of one long round for twlb. that's all i have to say...

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
    Asia Minor> maybe not
    Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
    bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
    bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
    bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
    bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

I think for the most part we enjoyed the best of 3 20 minute rounds. More change to toy with lineup and get it right, more suprises, more people get to play.

Comment

How can you fuck up a playoff structure unless you're Acid? Regular season decides seeding. Only thing to decide is how may people make it into the playoff tourney. If we have around...16 squads in TWLB, take 10 or something.

three 20 minute matches was good.
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

I like 30 minute matches... but 3 30 minute matches is too long so I guess if I had to choose between 1 30 minute or 3 20 minutes I'd go with 3 20 minute ones.

Comment

True indeed Sleepy Weasel, we had to choose that from last season too =P
            Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

20 minutes sounds good...

Comment

Winner - Loser brackets.

Everyone starts in the winner bracket. Let's say for example sixteen teams.

The 8 that win then carry on, and the 8 losers go into the losers brackets.

The 4 that win in the winners bracket carry on. The 4 that lose in the losers bracket are eliminated, and the 4 that won carry on and face off against the losers from the winners bracket.

The 2 that win in the winners bracket carry on.

The 4 that win in the losers bracket carry on and are grouped with the 2 from the winners bracket that lost.

The 1 in the winners bracket goes to the final.

The 3 from the losers bracket carry on and are joined by the loser from the winners bracket.

The 1 in the winners bracket gets a week off.

The losers bracket final takes place. The winner of this carries on to the final.

In the final, the particpant from the winners bracket only needs to win one game. The one from the losers bracket needs to win two.
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Nice thoughts guru.. I like them
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Or you could have just said "Double Elimination Tourney" and we'd be like "OH!"

x.o sounds good, with seedings from regular season
                    1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                    1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                    1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                    1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Double elimination sounds good, except then you're looking at a two month long playoff unless you play multiple games per week.

But if people are down for 2 games on the weekend or maybe even, god forbid, play on the weekday I think double elimination would work out well.

Comment

I dont think you should divide TWL into two conferences like last season, we're not talking about a profressional sport. Last season you had the East with 10 teams and the West with 10 teams, which means a lot of squads never got to play each other, a shame if there ever was one.

If you allow 16 squads to progress from TWD into TWL you can play a round robin, cut the top 8 and have single eliminations. I reccomend cutting the foreplay and making each playoff game count, but keep TWD's best 2 of 3 dueling structure to allow accurate match results.

Best 2 out of 3 games, Single elimination playoffs.
                        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Yeah but if I said Double Elimination 95% of TW would have been like "eh what?"
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

we could also do a basketball type playoff (NBA) when you have best of 5 or 7 or what not, but you don't play them all in a row, gives time for teams to develope strats and such against the oposing team etc etc.

Might take a hell of a long time to get throught the playoffs though, but meh

Comment

I think we should base the game solely on rosters. We dont even have to play then, just have your roster, and then the moderators choose who has the better lines, and who would win the match, that way we can decide the whole season in 5 minutes.
                              ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

Working...
                              X