Warp on deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp on deaths

Ok.. I haven't played ?go duel in probably a year, Before it was even created I always wished there was an automated dueling league for 1v1 duelers like me. But I was so disapointed when I came in the arena to duel someone today that i almost wanted to cry.

How can everyone ruin TWEL by playing with no warp and spawning non-stop, what's the point in it? I used to love dueling 1v1 in private arena's before TWEL came into existence, part of the strategy was learning how to approach someone from a distance, very rarely did you manage to spawn on top of your oponent and when you did, usually both would back off instead of going for a spawn kill. Now i come in to play a TWEL match today hoping that things have changed, The first duel i get i'm spawned 8 outa 10 deaths, i kept trying to back up after killing my oponent and yet he just kept coming at me shooting the second he had energy.

After that dissapointment i tried to get another duel hoping it was just that guy, and yet 3 other people wouldn't play with warps on, they insisted playing without warps. This makes absolutely no sense what so ever, Why would someone play a 1v1 duel without warps? that's worst then playing TWDD without warps, and why is TWEL called a league, it's pathetic.

2dragons, stop letting the winers get their way an ruin TWEL, it's so sad that you can't have a single real duel, or even have a chance what so ever at competing with others for getting in the top ladder when no one wants to duel with warps on.

If anyone thinks that there is more skill in playing without warps then with warps they are complete idiots or they just started playing and doesn't even know what a 1v1 duel is about.

I was hoping so much that the no warp function was removed from the bot by now but it's so sad to see it hasn't been , and even sadder seeing that no good wbers play in ?go duel anymore, it's full of people from pub and other zones that don't even know what it is like to 1v1 duel someone for real.

Why are you wasting bandwidth with the whole league system on TWEL site for absolutely no reason??? IT makes no sense that anyone is serouse about this league or even pays attention at it with this crap.

I garrentee if no warp was never implemented there would be a lot more real TW players playing in ?go duel right now then there is now, and the league would actually be called a league.

Don't give me that oh people don't have patience to fly to middle of map when they die crap, because 1v1 duelign is all about patience and strategy and skill.

Another reason having no warps on is that the spawner has a huge energy advantage, Soon as you die, and the spawner sits there waiting for his energy to get back, he'll always get his energy before you do because of the lag between when you die and when you spawn, He'll always have more energy then you. So it's so easy to just keep spawning and spawning over and over again until you win the match. That isn't 1v1 dueling, that's just let's see who is better at spawning to win............

Please next season remove no warps!!! PLEASE. Maybe then there will be some real decent players considering to try and compete in TWEL instead of using the arena as an occasional duel vs. a friend and that's it.

Just look at how dead this forum is, It's sad that one of the greatest things to happen to TW is ruined by giving the whiners too much freedom to do as they please.

If you want to satisfy the whiners then make a seperate ?go duel2 tha doesn't keep statistics or anything and is just for peopel who want a quick duel without warps, becuase in the league it should be done right. right now TWEL is probably one of the most pathetic leagues out there.. and yet has the potential to be the best one out there, if only it was set up right. Amazing..

I just can't get over how one of my most anticipated leagues to be implemented is ruined because of whiners and a creator who is afriad to implement real rules to keep things balanced.
    Last edited by Zengrath; 12-15-2005, 08:24 PM.

Well, you have me convinced... will have to talk this one over with 2d.
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
      Well, you have me convinced... will have to talk this one over with 2d.
      Thank You, and please convince 2d to think this through.. I let the first season or 2 go without getting angry just to see what your guys intentions where on making this league a success but since it hasn't gotten any better I hope that what i'm saying here will help convince you guys to try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Zengrath
        Thank You, and please convince 2d to think this through.. I let the first season or 2 go without getting angry just to see what your guys intentions where on making this league a success but since it hasn't gotten any better I hope that what i'm saying here will help convince you guys to try something else.
        I didn't realize until now that there were people that refused to duel when rules have warps on. The few times I play people usually just accept my challenges with whatever rules I have.
        Ban Ikrit

Comment

I admit I haven't played in ?go duel that much, but when I have, it's almost always been without warps and I've had no problem with spawning. The amount of time you waste looking for your opponent adds up when it happens ~15 times each game and if I can easily avoid that, why not? If there really is a problem - and I'm not saying there couldn't be - I'd first try tweaking something like the time you have to wait after a kill, rather than eliminating that option altogether.

Comment

Why the hell was the -no warp- option made in the first place...

just remove it and set -warp- on atomatic
            1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Polari
              I admit I haven't played in ?go duel that much, but when I have, it's almost always been without warps and I've had no problem with spawning. The amount of time you waste looking for your opponent adds up when it happens ~15 times each game and if I can easily avoid that, why not? If there really is a problem - and I'm not saying there couldn't be - I'd first try tweaking something like the time you have to wait after a kill, rather than eliminating that option altogether.
              Yea but every single online game that has two or more people dueling each other always had some kind of spawning system. What game have you played in that when you die you just re-apear instantly in that exact spot ready to fight again with enemy's ready to fire again? Even in offline console games like mortal combat, the two players are spawned again but with a count-down system to make sure it's even, check out sports in real life, after a play in say football, everyone lines back up and waits for the whistle to start again, it gives them time ti pick plays and such, just imagine if football never stopped, it would be choas. Maybe the spawn points could be just a hair bit closer but too close and it'll take a lot of the strategy from it, and it's supposed to take time to play a duel. A duel shouldn't last 5 minutes... If it does then the duelers aren't good. I don't like in particular how small the arena is, because it takes a lot of the suprise strategy out of it, it's so easy to always know where the oponent is, and I've never had a problem going straight to the oponent, How much faster does it have to be? If you play games like America's army, counter-strike, strategy games like starcraft, warcraft, or anything like that. You never spawn on top of the other teams, that would just be dumb.

I've had the longest duel in season one with a guy named chaos ( i think ) we dueled for a few hours because both of us had such great dodging skills that we just couldn't kill each other, and in such a small dueling arena like in ?go duel of course we got extremely close at times. But that's what dueling is all about, and when there is no spawn points or warps then there is no point in even dodging anymore, because your oponent can hit you ever single time you spawn if he was good at all. This of course was when i was playing non-stop and was really good, but since then I've stopped playing as well as most of the other good duelers because of the players that were purposely ruining everyone recs but trying to convince them to duel in a no warp duel and then spawning them to death. Of course not everyone will spawn instantly but no matter what the guy that died is at a disadvantage because the killer can position himself anyway he likes before he spawns and then just dodge/kill again.

After the death there should be an equal opportunity for each to divise a strategy and fight, but right now it's way unbalanced when no-warp is played. Maybe it could use tweaking like having a nowarp that spawns both players closer to each other , but with a count-down timer of some kind and a barrier in between, and then still give the old full option, Although i really wouldn't like that ether, it would still be a lot better then what it is now.
              Last edited by Zengrath; 12-17-2005, 12:13 PM.

Comment

As I said, I'm speaking as a baser who randomly drops by and plays a couple of duels for a change. When I do, I want to have some fun and IMO if a 1on1 duel takes more than an hour, something's gone horribly wrong. Also, there's no point in comparing dueling to other games. Each one of those has its own gameplay and a better comparison would be whether you'd like to spawn in the usual de_dust starting points or walk two kilometers to get there and start playing. Football is actually pretty close to the no warp -version. Whenever something happens, the clock keeps ticking and you continue playing from that spot - well, except when you score, but that happens a few times in 90 minutes, not a dozen times in 15-or-so.

Oh, you meant that dumb american version. Now why would anyone want dueling to be as slow-paced as that?

Anyway - maybe I just don't understand. If hardcore duelers want their matches to last forever and don't mind wasting some more time to just flying around, I guess you might want to use the worse option instead of fixing the better one. But even if I'm wrong and No Warp can't be fixed, I'd still like to try salvaging it before killing the whole option.

Comment

I saw u bitching about this in ?go duel too. U have a good 5 seconds before its not a spawn anymore. If you cant get away from someone spawning its your own problem, and from all my duels in all 3 seasons of TWEL ive encountered 2-3 spawners from all 3.

Comment

Working...
                  X