TWEL Season 4 Brainstorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL Season 4 Brainstorming

Post CONCISE/COMPLETE ideas/suggestions/etc here for season 4 TWEL.

Season

- reset users so everyone can start fresh with a !signup
    - remove the confusion around !disable/!enable to eliminate some problems we've had
    - allow timers to be placed on games
    - don't show anyone who hasn't played in 2 weeks
    - automatic rating deduction every week for anyone who hasn't played in 2 weeks
    - restricted dueling range, cannot duel anyone +/- 100 from your rating

Playoffs
    - get it fully automated, only should need an OP to watch over things
    - get the losers bracket displaying
    - figure out a better forfeit system
    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

good suggestions

Comment

Nice ideas except for the following:

Originally posted by 2dragons
      Would this not make it quite impossible to get duels at some times?

I mean, if there is not anyone within your dueling range at the time when you want to play; it might result in a deserted dueling arena as people get bored/annoyed when they cannot duel anyone.

The question is: What would be a good range (if any at all) without sacrificing playability? Because in the end, if it is too narrow, people will not even bother to come to the arena.
      Last edited by Darkmoor; 01-14-2006, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Dueling range is a bad idea, I know its there to prevent newbies from ranking by dueling newbies all the time, like blurite and some others high ranked in twel. But you would never be able to duel like that.

Warp should be there, no matter what, you shouldn't be able to take it away in the rules.
        DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
        Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
        Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
        -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

My proposed +/- 100 was just a number, nothing in particular I was thinking, I just think there should be a range. In the past people have dropped their rating very low using disable/enable then played someone to drop their rating bad.
          TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
          TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
          TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

I think the dueling range will work if you apply the 2 week duration without not-playing restriction. Maybe even 1 week, so that there's more activity in TWEL. Hopefully the reaction isn't reversed, where this system seems forced onto people.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

Sometimes you just wanna duel for fun or practice

I think this option should be included:

Option to duel without affecting rec. So you can still duel but result is not recorded.

If this option is turned on you can also play same person as many times as you like.

I also think it should show you the score change that would happen if you lost or won before you can accept the duel so you dont accept silly ones where people trying to ruin your rec by using another name.
              Last edited by Doc Flabby; 01-16-2006, 10:20 AM.
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Post CONCISE/COMPLETE ideas/suggestions/etc here for season 4 TWEL.

Season

Playoffs
                dont need a range if we are going to have a working playoff
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

My vote is NO to range restriction, since it will limit the fun and playability of the regular season. Serious twel players who are concerned about rank should always be aware of some vet on a newbie name looking to trash their rank, just learn to choose who you accept wisely.

Warps on/off should be continued to be used, just choose which is best for you.

Also it seems that the general consensus would prefer playoff games to be up to 10 deaths as opposed to 20, because devoting an hour sometimes more to one game vs one player can get extremely tedious.

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                  Sometimes you just wanna duel for fun or practice

I think this option should be included:

Option to duel without affecting rec. So you can still duel but result is not recorded.

If this option is turned on you can also play same person as many times as you like.

I also think it should show you the score change that would happen if you lost or won before you can accept the duel so you dont accept silly ones where people trying to ruin your rec by using another name.
                  You can ?go #duel
                  $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

Instead of limiting the range, maybe after a certain difference in rankings the value of the win for the lower player could go down so someone with like -3000 ranking can't take 100 point off of the #1 guy.
                    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by SLaQ n Sauce
                      You can ?go #duel
                      I know - but ?go #duel doesnt have a decent jav dueling area.
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

- allow timers to be placed on games
                        - automatic rating deduction every week for anyone who hasn't played in 2 weeks

Playoffs
                        - get it fully automated, only should need an OP to watch over things
                        - get the losers bracket displaying
                        - figure out a better forfeit system
                        Timers aren't needed I think.

Stop the rating deduction at 1000 so it doesn't keep going down.

If restricted dueling range, make it around 350.

I like the "Option to duel without affecting rec. So you can still duel but result is not recorded." if that is possible

I also agree warp should be included no matter what, I'm sure no one would really really want no warp bad enough to argue, and even if they do, it's probably because they want to lame someone.

Anyways if you keep warp optional, do not make it optional in spider, because new players get tricked into spider duels to 10 with no warp and get spawned and aced.
                        carpe diem

Comment

Well since I was inactive all of last year I guess I totally missed this TWEL.

One thing I found annoying was having to turn off !scoreboard for every duel. I think that small tad of settings info should be saved into your account or computer or wherever so you don't have to do it EVERY time. Either have it 'on' forever or 'off' forever.

Also I'm not sure if this is in effect already. If it's not I dont know why it isn't. Why not apply the new TWD rule into TWEL, of having to wait 12 hours (or even longer, like 48 hours) before you can use your name after it has been disabled/enabled to reduce the 'aliasing effect'? ..

We don't need timers in-game, even that scoreboard is already annoying enough. If you want to see how long your duel was you can check it on the TWEL site, or at the most you can setup the bot to tell you how long your duel was once it's finished.

I don't like the restricted dueling range idea at all. I agree with Darkmoor on his points.

~ Dy
                          :fear:

TWLD Season 11 Champion ~ Stray
                          TWLD Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
                          TWLJ Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
                          TWLJ Season 5 Champion ~ Elusive
                          TWL Season 4 Champion ~ Siege
                          TWL Season 3 Champion ~ Siege

TWEL Season 1 Winner
                          TWD Season 1 Winner ~ Elusive

Comment

The removing of inactive players is a very good idea. Also when someone challenges you, there current rank/rating or both is shown. This would make it alot more easy to watch out for the !disable "leets".

How about top 25 can only get higher if they duel other top 25 ranked players.
                            This would mean top 25 would have to remain active and competitive amongst the "best" duelers. So people cant just sit at top 5 for half the season. Only bad thing is if the other 24 players refused to play you. You would probably have a problem then. Then no matter what, the playoffs only has to be out of those 25. Because in theory, those should be the best if everyone tried...
                            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Working...
                            X