PDA

View Full Version : College Hoops Standout

404 Not Found
02-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Adam Morrison from Gonzaga has become the College Hoops media whore. I cannot turn on ESPN or see any Sports News shows that do not name and show him in the spotlight.

Becuase of the media, I cannot see him not being the No.1 basketball Draft Pick.

Week 15 AP Top 25
1. Connecticut (67) 22-1 1,795
2. Duke (4) 23-1 1,726
3. Memphis 22-2 1,635
4. Villanova (1) 19-2 1,581
5. Gonzaga 20-3 1,502
6. Texas 21-3 1,457
7. George Washington 20-1 1,259
8. Tennessee 18-3 1,218
9. Pittsburgh 19-3 1,177
10. Florida 21-3 1,157

Week 15 ESPN/USA Today Poll
1. Connecticut (22) 22-1 759
2. Duke (8) 23-1 749
3. Memphis (1) 22-2 710
4. Villanova 19-2 678
5. Gonzaga 20-3 632
6. Texas 21-3 627
7. Florida 21-3 539
8. George Washington 20-1 534
9. Pittsburgh 19-3 512
10. Tennessee 18-3 504

These polls need to be updated!

PH
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't follow college basketball as much as other sports, but Morrison hasn't impressed me as much as Redick has. That guy is cold.

EDIT: There's not a better name in all of sports than Kevin Pittsnogle.

404 Not Found
02-14-2006, 02:36 PM
I like Redick, but the media seems so hell bent on kissing up to Morrison.

T Mac-1
02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Well last night he dropped 33 to pass reddick as the ncaa's leading scorer with 28.8 PPG. I really think hes a better all around player than JJ, both can shoot( although i give the edge to JJ), but when's the last time u seen him post someone up like morrison? Plus hes only a junior and reddick is a senior.

Galleleo
02-14-2006, 07:01 PM
I saw a bit of Oprah today.. and there was this guy, 20, who is being called the best basketball player ever and stuff, was on the cover of sport illustrated like 3 years ago or something.. is that the one you're talking about?

Facetious
02-14-2006, 09:21 PM
no, thats lebron james i would imagine.

genocidal
02-14-2006, 11:16 PM
But Redick has the NCAA record for most career 3's made. I'd say that makes him better until Morrison proves he's better by doing more than having a better ppg at a random point in the season. And I won't even start in on how the ACC compares to West Coast.

Pearl Jam
02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Redick has a ridiculous shot, he can consistantly hit 3's while running at near full-speed. The whole "when is the last time you saw Redick post up on someone" is kind of a ridiculous comment, Morrison plays the 3 (forward) position, Redick plays the 2 (shooting guard).

Gonzaga's conference is COMPLETE TRASH compared to the ACC. If Gonzaga makes it past the Sweet 16 of the tournament, I'll be completely floored.

Regardless of how good both these guys are, if you watch them enough you'll notice through their body language and whatnot that they're both huge pricks on and off the court.

404 Not Found
02-15-2006, 02:55 PM
ESPN seems to have a love affair going with Morrison though. They zero in on him every day.

Pearl Jam
02-15-2006, 02:55 PM
EDIT: There's not a better name in all of sports than Kevin Pittsnogle.

Pops Mensah-Bonsu comes close. One of the star players for George Washington. His last name means "whale killer". Seriously. Whale killer.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (soccer, football, whatever) is another solid contender.

Oh, and Coco Crisp (baseball, cereal).

DoTheFandango
02-15-2006, 05:56 PM
UConn ftw.

PaulOakenfold
02-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Yikes Seton just beat WVU

And yikes, Reddick has 413 3's... ridiculous.... that's 1239 points alone.

phata$$
02-15-2006, 09:06 PM
If Morrison is smart, then he should not enter the NBA Draft. Play his senior year and hopefully get a guaranteed no. 1 draft pick. Otherwise, he still will get top 5 draft pick honors. Redick for sure will get no. 1 pick. After seeing what Chris Paul did with the Hornets, teams will surely look for an outstanding guard.

Subjugation
02-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Morrison has the moustache of a 14 yr old. That's why the media loves him.

genocidal
02-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Good thing j=t is back.

Squeezer
02-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Pops Mensah-Bonsu comes close. One of the star players for George Washington. His last name means "whale killer". Seriously. Whale killer.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (soccer, football, whatever) is another solid contender.

Oh, and Coco Crisp (baseball, cereal).
Don't forget Milton Bradley (Monopoly and Clue anyone?)

And though the Zags are like 5 hours away from my house, I gotta admit Gonzaga, and Adam Morrison are overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're good....but Top 5 good? No. Reddick is the MVP no doubt. But, Villanova will take the national championship. Watch out for the darkhorse baby.

Subjugation
02-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Good thing j=t is back.
:wub:

Facetious
02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
its hard to tell with those mid-major teams with lots of wins. gonzaga has at least proven over the years that they dont choke in the tournament under mark few (is that his name) so i definitely wouldnt be too shocked if they made a deep tournament run. duke, at least in my mind, has developed a bit of a choker reputation. when other top-tier schools (see: uconn, michigan state) have an excellent team, they have a fantastic chance of making the final four, whereas duke seems to flame out earlier than they are supposed to almost every year. i think they will lose to the first top 25-caliber school they play with any inside presence. tons of games away from cameron have been close for them this year, if redick gets a little rattled, its over. that being said, i really think redick is the reason duke has such an amazing record, as much as i think hes a fuckface. hes an amazing shooter, but its how phenomenally clutch he is that i think helps them out so much. unlike, say, gerry mcnamera, who is a great shooter but is just balls to the wall terrible in any sort of pressure situation, having redick on the team (who can always get a great look and an on-target shot off at the last second) has to provide duke with a lot of confidence. morrison might be as good a player, but with gonzaga's horrible strength of schedule, there is no way he can prove it, because if gonzaga is in a close game, it means he probably played horrendously shitty at the beginning of the game to get them in that situation.

edit: ha being on the west coast is funny squeezer. out here on the east coast, being five hours away from our house doesnt really narrow down the teams. hell, there are three top 25 teams within 30-45 minutes of where i live.

Voth
02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I saw a bit of Oprah today.. and there was this guy, 20, who is being called the best basketball player ever and stuff, was on the cover of sport illustrated like 3 years ago or something.. is that the one you're talking about?
http://www.blackjackinc.com/ProductImages/ihb_youresodumb_b_pink.gif

gran guerrero
02-20-2006, 08:48 PM
acc is a killer conferance

im routing for george washington btw.."whale killer" missed like a lot of the early games and their team still owned without him...

Voth
02-20-2006, 08:50 PM
acc is a killer conferance

im routing for george washington btw.."whale killer" missed like a lot of the early games and their team still owned without him...
http://fruitypants.com/teh_tranny.jpg

gran guerrero
02-20-2006, 08:56 PM
i like how that picture goes so well with my post...

Royst
02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
If Morrison is smart, then he should not enter the NBA Draft. Play his senior year and hopefully get a guaranteed no. 1 draft pick. Otherwise, he still will get top 5 draft pick honors. Redick for sure will get no. 1 pick. After seeing what Chris Paul did with the Hornets, teams will surely look for an outstanding guard.

With the recent hype over Morrison I don't think he has reason to stay in college for another year. He'll probably still be a top 5 pick this year. I'm sure he'd Rather just enter the draft, get the big bucks instead of risking injury in another year of college.

genocidal
02-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't say Duke is a choker school. They are consistently good every year - arguably more so than any other basketball program in the country - and they do very well in the less arguable toughest conference in NCAA. The reason they usually drop off, it seems to me, is how young they are most every year. Duke's oustanding players are always really sought after in the draft.

That said, I think Reddick has what it takes to lead this team to the Final Four this year - and I'm not the guy who says that about Duke every year.

gran guerrero
02-20-2006, 11:05 PM
laetner a bust in the nba

Sufficient
02-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't say Duke is a choker school. They are consistently good every year - arguably more so than any other basketball program in the country - and they do very well in the less arguable toughest conference in NCAA. The reason they usually drop off, it seems to me, is how young they are most every year. Duke's oustanding players are always really sought after in the draft.

That said, I think Reddick has what it takes to lead this team to the Final Four this year - and I'm not the guy who says that about Duke every year.

Of course when you recruit the best in the country ... how can you not do well?

phata$$
02-21-2006, 12:50 AM
http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics18/200/HW/HWGDNDDCFXFLWCK.20050922171727.jpg
TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER

Squeezer
02-21-2006, 07:53 AM

See, I think Duke will choke, and far before the final four, to some team who is a longshot and cinderella story kind of team. Plus, in my mind, Duke will always be a close second to North Carolina, in the battle of the best NC teams. North Carolina produced the great one.....how can you argue with that?

Oh, and as far as Morrison going to the NBA, he'll go, and he'll be a star. That boy can shoot, and in the NBA, if you have a jump shot, you're more coveted than a nudie picture of Britney Spears (unpregnant of course). Although Morrison is a stud though, and will flourish at the pro level, Reddick will still be better. J.J. has got ice water in his veins, and yes, he too can shoot the J. It should be an interesting draft class this year, unlike the flopper we had last year (Andrew what the fuck is he doing now Boget), in which the only big names to have success were UW's "Nasty" Nate Robinson (5'8 with a 48 inch vert) and Marvin Williams of UNC.

genocidal
02-21-2006, 12:27 PM
We'll see in the ACC tournament then. And by the way, Duke owns that shit out of that tournament for the past few years. And North Carolina? They're fucking 8-4 in the ACC this year. Hopefully you meant NC State.

EDIT: Oh nevermind you meant of all time. Well Duke has Mike Krzyzewski, definitely top 3 best college coaches of all time. That's better than having any one player for a few years.