PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys eyeing disgruntled WR?

404 Not Found
03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
ESPN mentions Parcell has interest in Owens.

And here I thought the Bronco's would have had interest in him.

Torn Wing
03-13-2006, 04:02 PM
The Cowboys should pick him up, Terry Glenn can't pull the whole recieving end of the team, and I know Keeshawn is alwright, but he's not COMPLETELY RELIABLE. Now, Owens has an attitude, but we could really use him next season.

gran guerrero
03-13-2006, 04:13 PM
if no one else wants TO he will most likely end up in dallas or denver.

Subjugation
03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
They were eying him months ago, though. Jerry Jones was even accused of tampering because of what he said on the radio, before the playoffs even started.

Is there a new develpment?

I said it in November, and it makes even more sense now. They are dealing with a new contract, instead of a trade with an existing contract. Jerry Jones is a risk taker, and despite the bullshit that Owens pulled on the Dallas star a few years ago, Jones realizes that fans are fickle. They will accept Owens if they start winning games in spectacular fashion---something that is a REAL possibility with the talent that TO possesses.

If it's a short term contract, then it would be a modest risk with a huge upside---for both parties.

Troll King
03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Be honest: did anyone else expect a Brokeback Mountain joke in here?

PH
03-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Say it ain't so. :(

Pat B
03-13-2006, 11:05 PM
He won't end up in denver, that would mean rod smith would retire. And denver already lsot 2 key players. so maybe it's a sign. Anderson and trevor pryce were 2 big salry guys. TO make place for Owens? who knows...

death row
03-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope Dallas gets him. For years now, Dallas has lacked a serious playmaker in the passing game. Since, well... "the playmaker," Michael Irvin. Terry Glenn is a nice deep threat, but he cannot take over a game like Owens can. Keyshawn Johnson is not a gamebreaker. He does the intangible things, but he can't catch a quickout, stiff-arm Champ Bailey, then take it to the house. Those are things Owens can do.

Dallas needs him badly, and Parcells is a hardnose coach to keep him in line.

Bawls
03-14-2006, 06:29 AM
i sure do wish people would stop saying dallas needs TO, i hate that damn ******

Facetious
03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
i dont think the TO pickup is bad, especially in the short term, basically because i think that celebrity, fame and money are his top priorities, and he'll have none of those if he fucks up again. id love to be wrong and have him ruin the cowboys though. fuck bill parcells. what has he done? fucking barely anything, thats what hes done.

Subjugation
03-19-2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2006-03-18-owens-deal_x.htm

Looks like it's a done deal. Congradulations, PH!

My only concern is the lack of self-protection Jones has incorporated into the contract. If TO plays well, then he has the opportunity to renegotiate his contract after each year. However, if he does or says something stupid, the Cowboys will not have any additional recourse than previous contract had.

Hopefully, TO will see this as an opportunity to regain his standing in the NFL and play his ass off and keep his mouth shut---similar to what Ron Artest is doing in Sacramento. I'm just glad he's not gambling with my money. ^-^

Nickname
03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
TO will fuck up, it's a 3 year contract, I predict he's there no more than 2.
If he wasn't happy with McNabb, you think he'll be happy with Bledsoe? I WOULDN'T EVEN BE HAPPY WITH BLEDSOE!

Also, since Artest was brought up, he's played all of like 10 games, it's hard to fuck up in the short a time period.

PH
03-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Okay, the phone book doesn't have a listing for "Snipers" or "Assassins", so I guess there's no getting around it. We got TO. That's great. -_-

Now we need help with this joke of an offensive line. Signing Jason Fabini was a good start (provided he can stay healthy), but even TO needs time to make a play, and if the o-linemen get mauled snap after snap then we're pissing $25 million away for nothing.

Subjugation
03-19-2006, 06:10 PM
TO will fuck up, it's a 3 year contract, I predict he's there no more than 2.
If he wasn't happy with McNabb, you think he'll be happy with Bledsoe? I WOULDN'T EVEN BE HAPPY WITH BLEDSOE!

Also, since Artest was brought up, he's played all of like 10 games, it's hard to fuck up in the short a time period.

Good point about Bledsoe. This will definitely be an interesting year for Dallas.

And back off topic...

...it's actually been almost 25 games for Artest on the Kings, and it's not overstating it to say he's turned around the franchise. He's actually made it possible for the Kings to make the playoffs in a rebuilding year, which is no small feat.