• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allstar game

What happened to it?
    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

a better questoin would be, what happened to jimmy ly?
    sage

Comment

The truth is out there.

Jonas

Comment

At this point an All-Star game for season 5 is out of the question. It would have been too difficult for Epi and I to organize such a thing when there was no system in place for such a game.

That was last season....

This season there WILL BE AN ALL-STAR GAME! Yeah you heard me. And no this isnt some thinly veiled promise to get you off our backs.. this shit is for real. I will be honest and say that there is no structure for the All-Star games as of yet, but once we tidy up some larger issues there wil be some news on the subject.

-PUSH
        Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Suggestion:

Do it like MLB style... each participating squad gets to send at least 1-2 people (you guys can make that call) and everyone else can vote for one candidate for each of base wb's and javs. i dunno it has flaws but its could be a start for a simple basic structure
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

yeah, tough to call, automatically giving squads all-star births or limiting players to one all star game (jav, base, or duel) certainly gives everyone a fairer (?) shake but it thins out the talent- my problem with the all-star game chat last season was that if we were truly trying to get the best 16 (basing) basers in there, it ended up being 16 guys from no more than 6 squads, with HEAVY pulls from just a few.
            Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Well since everything is automated now (I'm sure it will be pretty much automated in TWL aswell as TWD) why not use scores recorded from the league games as an indicator.

Terrier with the highest score/match is allstar terr, or perhaps the terrier with the lowest amount of deaths/match. Something like that. Oh yeah, and if so the player should of course have to play a certain amount of games in that perticular ship to be eligible for the allstar spot.

Jonas

Comment

Why not just say, everysquad send in 1-5 players (depeding how much squads are sending in) Lets say, 16 squad get to send in a player, every squad sends in 2 players, and other squads vote about wich of the 2 is the best. that way every squad gets one player in the all star game. Or else I just think you get like a disorabbitpalliesrub combination, with maybe 1 or 2 from a different squad.
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Note: This is not a finalized idea. What you are about to read is my idea for implementation of an All-Star game. Please note that this is not set in stone.

Each TWL sector will be divided into 2 conferences. At some point during the season, there will be an open vote held for TWL All-Stars. Those who are submitted for All-Star consideration will be chosen from those who hold the highest ratings and stats for their specific game and ship type. For example:

For TWLJ/D the top 15 from each conference will be entered into the All-Star voting. All members of the TW community will be allowed to vote for their 7 All-Star choices from each conference and League sector. They will also get to vote for 2 All-Star captains, which will be chosen from the top 4 squads in each conference. The cap with highest votes will be Head-Cap and the second most chosen will be Assistant Cap. All-Stars and Captains will be those who recieved the highest amount of votes over the All-Star balloting period. There will be 7 All-Stars and 2 Captains per conference. Alternates will also be assigned based on number of votes received after the main line-ups have been chosen. There will be a total of 3 alternates per team.

The TWLJ/D All-Star game will be a best of 3 tournament. The All-Star captain or assistant cap will chose each line-up, and all main All-Stars will be given a chance to play. If an All-Star is not able to attend the match, an alternate will be used in their place. There will be structuring for an All-Star MVP, and possibly some other rewards (not sure what as of yet).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For TWLB, the All-Star positions will be determined in a slightly different manner. There will be voting for all of the positions played in TWLB and those who excel in those positions. For example:

Top 4 Terriers
                  Top 4 Javelines
                  Top 10 Spiders
                  Top 8 Sharks
                  Top 4 Warbirds

from each conference will be entered into the All-Star ballotting. TW community members will be able to vote for their choice in each ship. The final All-Star team will consist of 2 Terriers, 2 Javelines, 5 Spiders, 4 Sharks, and 2 Warbirds. Much like the TWLJ/D All-Stars there will be a vote for All-Star captains. Two will be chosen from each conference, one as Head Cap one as assistant. Three alternates will be chosen for each TWLB All-Star team, they will be decided by the highest number of votes for players who did not get chosen for the main TWLB All-Star line-up.

The All-Star games for TWLB will be the best of 3-20 minute rounds. All chosen All-Stars will be given a chance to play, and alternates will be set in if an All-Star starter cannot attend the matches. There will be an MVP and possibly other rewards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting will be handled one of two ways, either by an email ballot or by voting on twl.org. No system has been decided upon for that as of yet.
                  Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
                    Well since everything is automated now (I'm sure it will be pretty much automated in TWL aswell as TWD) why not use scores recorded from the league games as an indicator.

Terrier with the highest score/match is allstar terr, or perhaps the terrier with the lowest amount of deaths/match. Something like that. Oh yeah, and if so the player should of course have to play a certain amount of games in that perticular ship to be eligible for the allstar spot.

Doesn't work for all ships, ahem.
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Without going into specifics what would you guys think is better:

1) All-star break mid-way through season. Could also involve some fun games like skills competitions perhaps (if we can think of anything TWL applicable).

2) All-star break before playoffs.

3) All-star game is directly following the TWL Finals.

4) All-star game is the weekend AFTER the TWL Finals.

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Here is just an idea...

The allstar game happens after the Basing Playoffs (#4 of Epi's idea). After the ranks have been decided it is broken down like this.

Team A for Allstar

#1 Team - Sends 2
                        #3 Team - Sends 2
                        #5 Team - Sends 1
                        #7 Team - Sends 1
                        #9 Team - Sends 1
                        #11 Team - Sends 1

Team B for Allstar

#2 - Sends 2
                        #4 - Sends 2
                        #6 - Sends 1
                        #8 - Sends 1
                        #10 - Sends 1
                        #12 - Sends 1

Im pretty sure there were only 12 teams picked for TWLB last year? So this will work, giving Team A and Team B 8 players, and every squad will have some representation. Also, this will reward some players (and there squads) for finishing in the top 4 allowing them to send 2 people rather then 1. This also gurantees for a good game, because there wouldnt be much difference in the skill of a player whos squad is ranked 7 and a player whos squad is ranked 8.

These players should also be picked accordingly, depending on what ships are needed.
                        Last edited by Tobe; 01-06-2003, 08:11 PM.
                        :yawn:

Comment

But they're not allstars.

The best player on team 12 is NOT an allstar (almost 100% likely)

lets take last year for example. That means team A would have

2 Light
                          2 Pallies
                          1 WR
                          1 NS
                          1 Paladen
                          1 BS

You're telling me you could find someone from BS who deserves to be in the allstar game?

or on the other side of thing how about someone from Vortex?

I think it has to be voted on by the players, somehow through twl.org and only a player who has had a minimum of at LEAST 2 games played can vote, otherwise I sense Delectable, De1ectable, Delectable! and Delectable+ all saying the same person should be in the allstar game...
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Another question is do we want an all-star game where there is maximal participation regardless of "all-star" status? I don't mean to gloat because that would not be the intention of my post, but if for example there was an all-star game for TWLD/TWLJ it would be Elusivs+Onix vs. Rage+Atheist or something. Would that even be fun to watch or for the players to participate in? It happened before in Pro League where the all-star game was right after the Pro Finals. The two teams that played eachother turned out to be almost completely the same people who just played in the final.

I personally think having each team send in 1 player and then voting on some kind of starting lineup, having the championship captains be the "captains" of the all-star game, and having a 3-round thing no matter what (instead of best of 3) so that everyone gets to play. And for TWLD/TWLJ I think that is the direction I'm leaning towards. Thoughts?

-Epi
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

I agree Epi, the all-star game shouldnt be about getting the absolute best lineups, but getting an exciting game that would be fun for everyone from every squad to watch. I would love to vote for people too, it makes it so that everyone is taking part not just the all-stars
                              I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Working...
                              X