PDA

View Full Version : T.O prediction...will he self destruct or destroy his team?

404 Not Found
03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
How long until Bledsoe becomes the next QB target for Owens?

Garcia, McNabb....Bledsoe?

In a way I am pissed he went to an NFC East Team, yet it may also self destruct and be a benefit for Phila, Wash. NYG ;)

Nickname
03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
well first he calls Garcia gay
Then he says McNabb sucks

and Bledsoe is both gay and sucky, so it won't last long, thats for sure.

Subjugation
03-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Can I vote neither?

I actually think it has a chance at working out. He knows he's on thin ice, and he has the contract he wanted when he was at Philly. Don't get me wrong, he will probably say something stupid about Drew Bledsoe, he will probably bump heads with Parcells...but Dallas will not care because they will make the playoffs for the first time in 2 years.

404 Not Found
03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
It usually works well for the 1st year.

If Dallas makes the Playoff's and the Super Bowl with Owens, look for him to want to cancel his contract and have a new one for more money.

I like Owens on THE FIELD and think he is a good receiver.

What I find interesting is that he went to Dallas, after Dallas was the team that played dirty and horse collared him and broke his leg on a tackle. It was no mistake, that was a cheap tackle and they knew it...enough so to make the change in the rules on being tackled this way the following year.

Well I have no hard feelings for Owens and am happy that he is gone. He is not the brightest bulb off the field, as why would one buy a house in NJ for over $1 mill and it was only worth $450,000.00? Not a good businessman....thats obvious for when he signed his contract with the Eagles and his agent advised him not to....so what did he do? Fired his agent and got Drew Side-Show Rosencrap.

I just hope he plays good for Dallas on the field, because off the field he will be a distraction & circus to follow in your media :)

Goodbye & Good Luck!

Richard Creager
03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
If i'm on defense, and pull back down the field, and before the hike, charge up the line full sprint and just before I dive across it pretty much horizontally with the speed, the center of the defensive line moves out of my way, and I plow through the center, halfback, and quarterback, possibly killing them (if I get the launch good enough that is), is that an illegal tackle? What if I come in feet first on that dive instead of arms/shoulderbomb first?

What other tackles aren't allowed? You can still jump at people, especially if they're running across your path right?

Man, screw football, I'm signing up for the Mutant League instead, those guys know HOW TO PLAY.

PH
03-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Me and my Slaycity Slayers will take you on any time, on any field. Do not fuck with K.T. Slayer.

On topic though.. I really want to believe TO when he says he won't let the Cowboys down. But only time will tell.

T Mac-1
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Hmmm anyone remember this?? http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2374534

"DALLAS -- Loyal Dallas Cowboys fans squirmed in their seats Saturday at sports bars across the city, distressed by news their team had signed volatile receiver Terrell Owens.

The former Philadelphia Eagles receiver already was unpopular with Dallas fans after a stunt he pulled in 2000 when he was playing for the San Francisco 49ers and celebrated on the Cowboys' star logo -- before safety George Teague leveled him."

If I was a hardcore fan and some asshole had did that to us while we were already having a shitty season, i wouldnt be renewing my season tickets.

Verthanthi
03-20-2006, 10:07 PM
T.O. can't say anything about Bledsoe that hasn't been said about him on WEEI a million time already.

Sleepy Weasel
03-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Am I the only one that think T.O didn't really do anything that bad with the Eagles and wasn't really responsible at all for them falling apart? So he held out for more money after one year into his contract, ok that was pretty bad, but not totally unheard of, and really the only thing he did that bothered me much. But they ended up kicking him off the team basically because he said they might have won more games with Favre than McNabb. And he said something about Andy Reid that I don't even remember. Alright, fine I know you're supposed to say you love everyone on your team and think they are all the best in the league but whatever, he's allowed to think what he wants. You don't have to like everyone on your team to play well together. Don't get me wrong he's a money-grubbing jerk but I mean come on, you can't handle him saying a few bad things about you? If the rest of the team all liked each other, I don't see one guy being able to mess things up.

The Eagles fell apart because McNabb and Westbrook got injured and they cut T.O after 9 weeks and they had 0 receivers (also partly because of injuries) after cutting T.O. But you can't blame T.O for guys getting injured. Without injuries and if they could have just ignored T.O's mouth and kept playing him they might have been really successful last season. People may dislike him, but I don't see him as being capable of destroying a team just by badmouthing a few guys, as long as you don't cut him and thus deprive yourself of your best player. I know Andy Reid wanted to prove a point, but I thought that was unnecessary. Cut him at the end of the season and tell him you'll never give him another cent to play for you again, but hey, you took the risk you wouldn't like him when you signed him, suck it up and let him help you win some games. Injuries and a lack of capable backups destroyed that team, not T.O. I wouldn't be worried at all if T.O was coming to my team, although I'd be upset if we paid a lot for him, as I'd rather we spent our money on guys I would actually like to root for.

Troll King
03-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Owen's badmouthing of McNabb was the highest profile of the things he did but was probably one of the least important factors leading to his dismissal.

There's also that thing he had with the offensive coordinator. Owens reportedly said to then-OC Brad Childress: "I said speak to me only when I speak to you. You don't have to talk to me; I don't have to talk to you."

And after scoring his 100th career TD, the team did not make an announcement of that achievement on the scoreboard (something that the team had a long policy against doing), he said: "That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be. They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have".

Then there was the fight Owens had with a former Pro Bowl DE and an Eagle's "team ambassador" Hugh Douglas when he dropped by to visit the locker room, after which Owens challenged any of his other teammates who wanted to criticize him to a fight, just days before the suspension.

Owens also reportedly: repeated broke the team's dress code, parked in the coaches' parking spaces, slept through a team meeting, not brining his playbook to another meeting, and refusing to open the playbook when he remembered to bring it to a third meeting.

Any one of those things is worse than his comments about McNabb and the whole would have likely led to his suspension, even if he didn't criticize McNabb.

Subjugation
03-21-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm sure you guys are hyped to hear his new rap song. It autoloads at www.TerrellOwens.com

"I'm back, and I'm better than ever.
I'm baaaaack and Im keepin this chedda"

"It's a brand new year, it's a brand new team.
I'm a Cowboy now, no more black and green.
And to the haters that said I wouldn't get my money,
Now I'm laughing in your face---Haha, now that's funny"

404 Not Found
03-21-2006, 07:41 AM
I found that his excuse for wanting more money was even more of a joke. His comment was that he needed more money so he could feed his Grandmother.

They started a can drive here in Philly after that comment. Had drop off areas for soup, vegetables and anything else that comes in a can. Hmmm....I do not think he ever picked the food up for his poor starving grandmother?

The guy is great on the field, but was a jerk off the field.

Btw Sleepy Weasel, it was not the Westbrook and McNabb injuries that amounted to all this...try more than 1/2 the starting O & D lines where injured. They played the entire year witrh 90% second string players. Not that this has anything to do with Owens.

I just hope he has enough money so that he can feed his Grandmother...that's all I am worried about.

Sleepy Weasel
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
well they were 4-4 before McNabb went down and T.O. was suspended, 2-6 after. I think with McNabb,Westbrook, and Owens healthy they probably could have went 8-8. But I don't really follow the Eagles at all so maybe I'm wrong. I think they (the Eagles organization and the media) went overboard on how much T.O. really messed up that team, using him as a scapegoat for all their problems.

But yeah ok I guess he really did have no choice but to suspend him.

404 Not Found
03-21-2006, 12:31 PM
well they were 4-4 before McNabb went down and T.O. was suspended, 2-6 after. I think with McNabb,Westbrook, and Owens healthy they probably could have went 8-8. But I don't really follow the Eagles at all so maybe I'm wrong. I think they (the Eagles organization and the media) went overboard on how much T.O. really messed up that team, using him as a scapegoat for all their problems.
But yeah ok I guess he really did have no choice but to suspend him.

Well Pinkston was out with injury from pre-season (WR), Westbrook was negotiating his contract and was playing still while his contract expired. There where a few others on the team that also had just signed contracts that season. The problem that became the powder keg, was Owens wanting to re-negotiate his contract after the 1st year. Nobody held a gun to his head to have signed it in the 1st place. Now imagine the other players that just signed...they all would think...well if Owens can do it, we can do it and f' the whole team up! contract wise. The Birds had to make a stance on this and Drew Rosencrap didn't help TO either IMHO.

Would you be able to live on 9 million a year? It was not enough for Owens, as he stated in his interview here in Philly that he couldn;t help in feeding his grandmother with the pay he recieved.

On a side note, Ownes cried and said his feeling where heart by McNabb after Owens injury, because the Eagles had 4 games left in the season and McNabb said that the Eagles could still win the division and make the super bowl w/o Owens. This statement was not meant that they never needed him or didn't need him, but it was a cooment for the press that stated that the Eagles can still be a team and win with Owens injured. Well...Owens had his press conference on tv here in Philly and was crying like a baby noting that his feelings where hurt by McNabb saying they could still make the Superbowl w/o him. Oh please...f'n actor he is.

One thing for sure is that Philly is so so so so happy he is gone it is not funny. If you think of all the signing bonus's and advertisement endorsements he would have got if he just played ball, that 9 million a year would have been over 19 million a year and he could have fed his Grandmother and possibly her cat too! GL Dallas ;)

Squeezer
03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
yea, that shit was the best. He needed $9 Million a year so he could "feed his family." Bullshit. My parents don't make anywhere near $9 mill, yet they've somehow managed to always put food on our table.

On a different note, ALL OF YOU PM ME TO JOIN OUR FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUE

Sleepy Weasel
03-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Would you be able to live on 9 million a year? It was not enough for Owens, as he stated in his interview here in Philly that he couldn;t help in feeding his grandmother with the pay he recieved.

I hadn't heard that statement. Are you sure he wasn't just making a Latrell Sprewell joke? Spree is pretty famous for saying his 21 mil contract wasn't enough to feed his family.

Izor
03-22-2006, 12:27 AM
As a cowboys fan living in eagles territory, I was torn last year because i REALLY like TO as a player and how he sells out seats. When the team seated him, I thought it was a terrible waste for them. Granted I liked the mediocre season that they had because of it, but I still think he should have been played even if it meant the cowboys would have lost the second game of the season to them (gg mcnabb). Now that TO is a cowboy, I think that I will be buying tickets to see them play the eagles at the Linc. The cowboys have always taken players with ego and dealt with it, because at the end of the day you want to win games, and TO does that best.

That being said, I still think there WILL be some personality clashes, particularly with Keyshawn, should he come back (i think hes a restricted free agent), and Parcells. I just think that the Cowboys can handle it better than the Eagles did. Jerry Jones will NOT allow him to be benched all year, period. Besides, I doubt they'll really be struggling anyway where hed make his comments, since SOMEONE is always going to be open seeing as how his other receivers dont run away from the damn ball (gg pinkston). Now im afk buying my TO jersey

Izor
03-22-2006, 12:28 AM
I hadn't heard that statement. Are you sure he wasn't just making a Latrell Sprewell joke? Spree is pretty famous for saying his 21 mil contract wasn't enough to feed his family.

Yes he did make that statement

Sleepy Weasel
03-22-2006, 01:30 AM
That doesn't mean it wasn't a joke.

404 Not Found
03-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Jerry Jones will NOT allow him to be benched all year, period. Besides, I doubt they'll really be struggling anyway where hed make his comments, since SOMEONE is always going to be open seeing as how his other receivers dont run away from the damn ball (gg pinkston). Now im afk buying my TO jersey

Pinkston & Buckhalter didn't play one game last year, 3 starting offensive linemen where injured, McNabb (QB )and Akers (K) where also knocked out.

Just aquired Jabar Gaffney as he had 55 catches last year for Houston. One can hope he will do that in Philly.

Not making excuses for the Birds, but they will be better this year than last...not hard to do if all are healthy.

On the T.O. note....T.O. will work out fine for Dallas this year....he self destructs after the 1st year :)

On a side note....Izor...do you wear a Dallas jersey to the games at the Linc? hehehe

Izor
03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
I'll wear my Dallas TO jersey to the Linc, or is it more humiliating to Eagles fans to go get an Eagles TO jersey? hmm I think that I dont want to wear their colors..some people might misinterpret

404 Not Found
03-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Modells...$2.50 for a TO jersey...they cant even give them away to the homeless :)

You don't have to wear the Birds colors...not a big deal.

I am still confused about your Pinkston comment though since he didnt play one game last year? I agree with you on his performance though from the previous year (Super Bowl year)....it's like he is a dinosaur....has these tiny little arms on a big body as he never reaches for a pass.

Izor
03-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes I was referring to the super bowl season, he got a lot of negative attention for that

gran guerrero
03-22-2006, 06:26 PM
this is why i never buy an owens jersey

cause he keeps changing teams damnit.
if he ever gets hall of fame recognition (IN LIKE A LONG TIME AWAY)
which team will he be under?

ConcreteSchlyrd
03-22-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm sure you guys are hyped to hear his new rap song. It autoloads at www.TerrellOwens.com

"I'm back, and I'm better than ever.
I'm baaaaack and Im keepin this chedda"

"It's a brand new year, it's a brand new team.
I'm a Cowboy now, no more black and green.
And to the haters that said I wouldn't get my money,
Now I'm laughing in your face---Haha, now that's funny"
Man, I love it when athletes/actors/whatever suddenly think that they're musicians.

It sounds like the Superbowl Shuffle. Hilarious.

gran guerrero
03-22-2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/nfl/do-not-let-this-song-in-your-skull-149103.php

PH
03-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Good to see that this "Richard Creager" character exercised a bit of good judgment in not accepting my challenge. I am unfuckwithable in the Mutant League.

Richard Creager
03-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Well it's been a long time since I've played, I have to shape up before I go up against Slater again.
Also EA has to shape the fuck up and produce a new one, fuck do I hate it when idiots own good things and don't use them.

death row
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm a huge cowboys fan, and this was a huge signing for Dallas. Owens got what he wanted, he got paid. He will give Dallas a huge playmaker, and it should get the Cowboys back in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, Owens' signing will make it easier for the Cowboys running game, and Witten and Glenn.

404 Not Found
03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I'll wear my Dallas TO jersey to the Linc, or is it more humiliating to Eagles fans to go get an Eagles TO jersey? hmm I think that I dont want to wear their colors..some people might misinterpret

I cant give you crap about this, as I feel the same way you do towards the Flyers. Am a Devils fan. Hate Snyder, Hate Clark and cannot stand the Flyers and there organization.

Facetious
03-23-2006, 05:25 PM
i still think youd pretty much get killed if you wore a to cowboys jersey to an eagles game in philly, eagles fans at eagles games are terrible terrible people.

Izor
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Mutant League..was that that game for sega genesis??? if so im pretty vet at the hockey one..dunno about the football version

ohhh, i wouldnt get killed..I'd have a big EZ sign for when dallas scores also..it would be like playing elim or pub i suppose

PH
03-24-2006, 03:58 AM
Yes, but the hockey one was a cheap knockoff. MLF is the real deal.

Yeah Rich, that's one of the best games they ever made and they never did anything after it. Sad, imagining MLF gameplay with updated eye candy is making me large in the pants.

What was this thread supposed to be about?

Squeezer
03-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, but the hockey one was a cheap knockoff. MLF is the real deal.

Yeah Rich, that's one of the best games they ever made and they never did anything after it. Sad, imagining MLF gameplay with updated eye candy is making me large in the pants.

What was this thread supposed to be about?
you playing fantasy baseball, thats what.

DoTheFandango
03-25-2006, 12:10 AM
this is why i never buy an owens jersey

cause he keeps changing teams damnit.
if he ever gets hall of fame recognition (IN LIKE A LONG TIME AWAY)
which team will he be under?

He will never make Hall of Fame. if he does, so help me god, I will bomb that place faster than you could say "Egocentric Shithead".