Casualty rate in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casualty rate in Iraq

Interesting how they show on TV here in the States that some 2,500 US Servicemen have died to protect democracy.

On the opposite side of the coin, over 150,000 Iraqi's have died from the US Occupation/Invasion that GWB justifies. Out of the 150,000, it is noted that 60,000 +/- have been children.

Hmm.....is the price of Democracy worth the useless deaths that have been a result of the supposed War on Terror?

I dunno...even though I am from the States, it does not take alot of knowledge to see that the Terror is comming from the U.S. How many died in the World Trade Center Bldg 1 & 2? Hmmm and how many where actual Iraqi's that did the Hijacking and carried out this attack?

All I know is that a generation of Iraqi's will most likely look back at this in years to come and have such a hatred for the West....100 times stronger than it is now & we can thank good ol' GWB and his evangelical means of spreading Democracy. Would be better for him if all he did was spread Herpes at this point.

Had not had a rant in awhile....sorry for my banter!
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

404, I feel your pain. Justified war or not, I don't think that the positive gains outweigh the negative that have come from our war. Iraq is a mess, and I have to go with Bill Maher on this subject and say that they were better off with Saddam Hussein in power.

You are opening up a can of worms here though.

BTW, this is coming from a conservative Christian. So no stereotyping please.

Comment

the whole attitude in the "west" and the "east" has changed rapidly the last few years. we are growing in two different directions here and it makes me so sad
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
        All I know is that a generation of Iraqi's will most likely look back at this in years to come and have such a hatred for the West....100 times stronger than it is now & we can thank good ol' GWB and his evangelical means of spreading Democracy. Would be better for him if all he did was spread Herpes at this point.
        First of all, don't refer the west as being only the United-States. Every other country on the continent of the Americas disaproved the idea of war, and still does. Furthermore, don't even refer this war as being led by democracy. If it were used properly, we wouldn't see such idiocity.

No but seriously, this war was stupid in the first place, and still is.
        Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
        -Buddha

Comment

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/
          http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/

It's just a sad thought that almost 2,500 families are now without fathers, mothers, sons, daughters... And for what?

Fuck you George.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

This is going to be a big thread
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Lol, Bill Mahrer is even dumber than George W. Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                This is going to be a big thread
                Perhaps...possibly it was wrong for me to post this. I dunno....just a means of venting and if others can get an outlet for such a venting.

News is news and the numbers I got are possibly incorrect....100,000 kids have been killed in the past 3 years.

Regardless, one point is, more innocents have paid the price over military personel. Take for example the Vietnam casualty reports. When counted in the many U.S. papers, they where proven to have been doctored and blown out of proportion for homeland moral. War is not a positive on any side...your correct. There are no winners and or losers in some respects. There will be loss and gain on both, either as a in a people, government and or nation.

So what can I do? Vote in the next election. From my small town to State and National level elections.

I dunno about you, but I think the world is a pretty ugly place lately.

It must be the pacifist in me, but it felt good to vent.
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

democracy is spreading mcdonald's around the world
                  I see no changes all I see is racist faces
                  misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                    So what can I do? Vote in the next election. From my small town to State and National level elections.
                    The sad thing is you've already had your election. I thought kerry would win, maybe not walk it, but he'd at least scrape in after Bush's escapades. But sadly not. I guess we're guilty of the same thing here with Blair.

Apart from the civilian deaths, the thing that bothers me most, genuinely pisses me off, is the total lack of a decent explanation. The "I'm right, don't question me" mentality just doesn't do it. If I hear Bush mention "freedom" once more I'm going to assassinate him myself.

As for the east/west thing, you have to be a bit careful. Essentially, all of europe was against it, not the UK government though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaku
                      First of all, don't refer the west as being only the United-States. Every other country on the continent of the Americas disaproved the idea of war, and still does. Furthermore, don't even refer this war as being led by democracy. If it were used properly, we wouldn't see such idiocity.

No but seriously, this war was stupid in the first place, and still is.
                      They are not really going to give a damn, sure the US will be their biggest enemy, but the rest of the "west" (Canada, Western part of Europe, etc.) will eventually suffer from this too. So yea Bush started it, but we'll suffer from it eventually.

I have been having the feeling that the world is going to shite alot lately, even in the Netherlands which I have always considered as a quiet, relative peacefull country. (Sure we are not problem free, we have issues, dangers, murders, crime, etc.) But overall the Netherlands is not a bad country to live in, social security system is/was good (it's going towards the American system more and more which needs to be stopped), school system is good, etc. (I am not saying any of this is the best in the world and we rule you all, I am just saying that I consider the living conditions as a total in the Netherlands to be really good). But also here things seem to go downhill more and more, and maybe it's just because I am much more aware of this now then I was 5/10 years ago, maybe it isn't that much worse but the media makes it worse I don't know. All I know is that I think the world is going the complete wrong way and I am not liking it.

I have been playing with the thought of emigrating to Canada, but 1. even if it happens it will be lightyears away, and 2. knowing myself, chances it will ever happen are small, because in my heart I am a patriot and I love the Netherlands.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

2 words

Oh well.

Comment

At my university, the Vice Chancellor has decided he wants to flex his muscles and declares some staff cuts.
                          Guess who one of the first people he wants to cut is? The lecturer in religious studies, specifically in Islam.

So basically, he's decided that since Islam is the enemy (which its not) theres no point teaching/learning/trying to understand them.

Originally posted by Disliked
                          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                            Lol, Bill Mahrer is even dumber than George W. Bush.
                            Merely your opinion and I give you that, but if you actually took the time to read anything from Bill Maher or watch him say anything from his show "Real Time with Bill Maher" on HBO--you would realize that he is far more articulate and intellegent than Bush will ever be.

Originally posted by Pooh Bear
                            democracy is spreading mcdonald's around the world
                            Not really, it is more globalization that is spreading McDonald's around the world. See George Ritzer's The McDonaldization of Society.
                            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...Fencoding=UTF8

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                              At my university, the Vice Chancellor has decided he wants to flex his muscles and declares some staff cuts.
                              Guess who one of the first people he wants to cut is? The lecturer in religious studies, specifically in Islam.

So basically, he's decided that since Islam is the enemy (which its not) theres no point teaching/learning/trying to understand them.
                              That truly is a problem in our day and age. There is an extreme amount of prejudice against Islam, at least from the people and web sites that I've seen in the States. Some people think that Islam is the root of the devil and that there is NO moderate muslom person. Those people are so ignorant that it boils my blood. That is the sort of stuff that becomes the root of hate crimes and possibly worse things.

Comment

Working...
                              X