PDA

View Full Version : womens sports

Facetious
03-27-2006, 07:41 AM
how come women cant deal with cramps (of the muscle variety) when they get them? dudes that play basketball can just jump the fuck up and walk it off, women roll around on the ground and cry like adam morrison. it seems like that is constantly happening in the womens tournament, but ive never heard an analyst say "the entire team was worried about him, because it looked like a horrible injury, but it was just a cramp"... is it just the obvious (women cry a lot more), or is there something about women that makes their muscle cramps worse?

NaiLed
03-27-2006, 10:14 AM
and why cant girls throw properly?

Abatis
03-27-2006, 10:20 AM
how come women cant deal with cramps (of the muscle variety) when they get them? dudes that play basketball can just jump the fuck up and walk it off, women roll around on the ground and cry like adam morrison. it seems like that is constantly happening in the womens tournament, but ive never heard an analyst say "the entire team was worried about him, because it looked like a horrible injury, but it was just a cramp"... is it just the obvious (women cry a lot more), or is there something about women that makes their muscle cramps worse?

There was a guy that went down pretty hard with cramps in the men's tournament last weekend. I think it was a LSU guy against Texas.

Galleleo
03-27-2006, 11:12 AM
In soccer here you mostly only see guys go down with cramps when they have to buy time, you know, like you are 1-0 infront with 1 minute left on the clock, so you go down etc, it costs valuable time for the other team. Otherwise most just walk it off, or go to the side to get it strechted and go on.

Facetious
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
i was hoping someone would laugh because i said "women cry like adam morrison"

WuTang420
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

now who is adam morrison?

Royst
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM

As much as I'd laugh at that comment, i actually didnt' mind he did cry because he lost. At least he showed the emotion that he wanted to win so badly that he could no longer fight back the tears. Nowadays we have so many freakin athletes that could care less about whether they win or not and are in for the money

T Mac-1
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Seriously though, have you ever watched the guy? He's always screaming at people when they mess up and ive seen him fram himself in the head with the ball and his fist loads of times. Whack job.

Facetious
03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
as much as i hate jj redick i have nothing against the way he cried. he lost, and he cried, but he kept his head up. morrison could have lost his team the game with his pathetic crying, he was in shambles before the game was over, his eyes were obviously blurred by tears in the last couple seconds and he couldnt do what he needed to do to keep his team in the game. then, instead of being like "well, im crying, whatever" he rolled around on the ground, tried to hide his face, etc. what a fucking baby.

Sleepy Weasel
03-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Maybe women aren't as used to getting cramps. They are incredibly painful actually and usually the first time you have one you don't walk it off. You lie on the ground for a second and wonder how it is possible you're in so much pain. I've only had it happen to me twice, but man both times it was pretty damn painful.

Of course that's probably a bad explanation. For the record I have seen a couple mens college players in this tourny get a cramp and stay down in pain for a bit. And I don't totally blame them. It's also normally pretty obvious when the person has a cramp versus a serious injury.

Mantra-Slider
03-28-2006, 02:52 AM
doesnt a real cramp require a long stretch, you cant just "walk it off"..

okey thats exatcly what sleepy said. hi!

I think its ridiculous to say that females cant deal with pain as good as men.

Royst
03-28-2006, 08:33 PM
wow..i think reading this thread has cursed me in some way.

Today I was playing basketball (which i haven't done in a while) and i ended up getting my first leg cramp. Stayed down and wondered why the hell it hurts so damn much..or if i broke something, because the pain was quite unbearable in the beginning. Shortly put, i ended up getting up eventually with the pain and my friends were saying "gosh, if that happened to me i'd just walk it off, man"

Anyways..I tried to keep playing, and i got a cramp in my other leg. Gosh, guess thats what too much computering does to you. But yea, after seeing that happen to me, I really think there is no difference between a male and female taking pain or 'cramps' because that hurt like helll

Hero*
03-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Facetious : some people deal with their emotions differently, and morrison is obviously not that good with them. I would really like to see you, the leading point scorer in any sport to lose in such a high valued game. This year in my final year in Jr. A hockey, we (#1 seed in Canada) lost to Oakville in the 7th game. Some of my teammates couldnt hold back the tears and just let them flow, but others were able to keep them under control. Not everyone's the same dude.

Facetious
03-29-2006, 04:50 AM
theres a huge difference between crying at the end of the game and losing the game in part because you were crying before it was over. thats why i made the differentiation with redick, but i dont think you read that. (not that you can blame him for not scoring in the last 2.9 but maybe he would have gotten the ball at the end of the game if everyone on his team wasnt aware that he was bawling)

as far as the cramps thing goes, i have no doubt that cramps really hurt. however, and maybe this was just a coincidence, both times i tuned in to a women's tournament game this year, a player went down with cramps, and the entire team, as well as the announcers, freaked out and thought she was badly injured. having a scare like that must be horrible for the team. it seems like when a male athlete gets cramps, that never happens.

Subjugation
03-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Cramps or not, I still can't figure out why they televise women's hoops. I would rather give Scott Peterson a rimmer in prison than watch that shit.

And the fact that ESPN hyped that stupid bitch who layed up the ball twice and they made a huge deal of "OMG A FEMALE PLAYER DUNKED TWICE IN A GAME!" Dude, that wasn't a dunk...it was a strong layup. Move on.

Hero*
03-29-2006, 05:36 PM
girls should not be allowed to play any sport and should only be allowed in the kitchen and bedroom. Case Closed.

Adman
03-29-2006, 09:31 PM
beach volleyball and (insert wet substance here IE OIL, JELLO etc) wrestling.

Galleleo
03-30-2006, 06:22 AM
What it could also possibly be, is that women don't train on a level that guys tho, and thus will get cramps easier/earlier and maybe more heavily then the really well trained guys who don't get them until the end of the game or maybe in less severe measures..

I have had cramps twice, and 1 time it was really painfull, but the other time I was able to walk it off, it hurt, but I got up and ran around a bit and it was gone.

But I don't know..