Immigration Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law

what are your thoughts on this new bill being voted on in the senate? i for one think it is retarded because as the law states, helping an illegal immigrant is a crime. my spanish teacher who also happens to teach english to those who can't speak/read it, must be commiting a crime then by helping illegal immigrants. the protesting is retarded as well. around 500,000 people showed up to protest in los angeles, showing that they probably should pass the law if it is that many not counting the ones that didn't participate.
    I see no changes all I see is racist faces
    misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

I don't think it's illegal to offer humanitarian aid to an illegal immigrant or anyone for that matter according the US law, I believe the bill that was passed stated that it wasn't. There are many porposals the senate is considering. The most lenient is the one by Senators McCain and Kennedy and most strict was porposed by Bill Frist stating no worker program and deporting or prosecuting illegals.

The United States is the land of opportunity for a lot of these people, yes it's breaking the law by illegally entering the country but these people are needed to sustain the North American Economy. I think it's fine to offer them the chance to obtain citizenship as long as they are entered, screened and go through the system as others who legally do it.

Even if you don't want them to obtain citizenship eventually at least get them into the system, you have to face the fact that they are needed. Maybe it isn't the people who are in the wrong so much as it is the system that has created this illegal status for hard working, decent people eaking out an existance you and I wouldn't dream of surviving.

It's a complex issue but you cant deport them or judge them too harshly. I find it very saddening that this is a political issue right now, too many Republicans and some Democrats will be thinking of the comming election and not the economy, the rights and health & safety of these people.
    Last edited by Kolar; 03-28-2006, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooh Bear
      around 500,000 people showed up to protest in los angeles, showing that they probably should pass the law if it is that many not counting the ones that didn't participate.
      all of those 500,000 people weren't illegal immigrants..

i needed to get my car washed last friday and most of the hispanic owned businesses here shut down for the day in protest. fuck that noise, im not washing my own car. fuck immigration restrictions
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Ummm, I'm taking AP Government right now... We read the new bill.

Guess what....

I does NOT state anything new about illegal immigrants.

I know the "new" bill says anyone harboring illegal immigrants will be prosecuted, and illegal immigration is a felony... But that's how it always was, even in the old bill.

The new bill just "revived" the issue, and made a big uproar.

The new thing in the bill, is that the government is trying to instate a way to "legalise" those illegal immigrants who already are in the U.S.

In my opinion, congress should be making "NEW" bills... Not restating old ones. B)

VOTE ME FOR CONGRESS!
        FREE GHB

Comment

reviving old bills will result in a ban from trench wars forums!
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
            reviving old bills will result in a ban from trench wars forums!

Lol, that's why you gotta vote ME for Congress... I won't revive anything old. B)
            FREE GHB

Comment

the proposed guest/temporary worker programs and amnesty and stuff in this new bill is a pretty big deal, though

the GA legislature just passed a bill adding a 5% tax on illegals' wire transfers out the country

edit: nevermind, that was taken out of it. instead they now require police officers to check the immigration status of people they arrest and increased penalities for employers who knowingly hire illegals
              Last edited by Ilya; 03-28-2006, 08:10 PM.
              can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

The old law wasn't being enforced - that is the main problem. Why pass more ineffectual laws?

Comment

the protesting is retarded as well. around 500,000 people showed up to protest in los angeles, showing that they probably should pass the law...
                  Illegals keep to themselves and bust their asses looking for work. They generally don't do conspicuous shit to get in trouble, because it's a waste of time and money to get sent back.

Comment

around 500,000 people showed up to protest in los angeles
                    LOL i had to go home from Downtown LA that day. It was fucking crazy. I must have waited at least 5 hours for the fucking bus. While I was waiting I saw the magnitude of this protest. Everyone was wearing white and I looked so out of place with my blue sweater.

Comment

j=t is illegal.

Comment

It's not that they are illegal, its that they are not yet legal.

There's a big difference.
                        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                          j=t is illegal.
                          Pleese dun deporte mee, SeƱor.

Comment

Just give them Los Angeles if it means that much to them.
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                              Just give them Los Angeles if it means that much to them.

Oh no!

Kill him guys, he doesn't care about the reputation of our country, and our patriotism!!! ^-^
                              FREE GHB

Comment

Working...
                              X