Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenging

Well, first the problem:

It seems to me that just because we (onix) are highly ranked at the moment doesn't mean we can play a game in TWD whenever a opponent feels its ready and challenges us. Even if a fair few players on our squad are online, doesn't mean they all want to play a squad duel. For all, any of you others know they want to go pubbing or simply play some elim. Since this is a 24/7 tournament, just because we reject you sometimes doesn't mean we don't want to duel you. We simply have better things to do or we don't feel like playing TWD matches.

For those of you who simply cannot go without dueling us and cannot find the right time, its not that we don't want to duel to or are "too afraid" to duel you. Its just that we have our reasons for that time period. However, if you really insist on dueling us because of our current standings or whatever other reason, please feel free to schedule a time with me or any other captian online and we will show up to that time and have a match.

Apart from this please don't bitch and moan when we reject a match. Its really unsportmanlike to do so. It is a 24/7 tournament overall and if you really want to get ahead of us, you don't even need to beat us. Just duel other squads who are at a similar rating and in no time you will be ahead of us.

Ok thats enough of my ranting

Now a suggestion on improvement:

For the people who care for the league and just don't think about it as a practise league, for instance all the non twl squads:

A challenging system would be greatly appreciated.

This is just a arena, maybe a page on the www.twdivisions.org site called challenges which lets a squadcaptian/assistants challenge other squads to organise times. Kinda like the time setting system of TWL but less constrainted. For eg:
    say I want to challenge azimuth but can't find a time suitable for us when I'm online. I could jsut enter a challenge and the captain of the squad can suggets a time and counters until we both agree.

The responsibilty of showing up at the time is the squads responsibility and has nothign to do with the league enforcement. But it would be a useful mechanism in helping schedule games where squads can get some of their best players to show instead of having just players who are online at the time play.
    Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Do you know what? That sounds like a very good idea!
    1:Necromotic> my belt has a pokemon on it

1:Tigerex> My Belt has a decapitated Badger on it. Can i be in your sig please

Comment

Good idea indeed.

Comment

good idea.
        I was thinking that squads could challenge on this forum. But perhaps it's better to use the website for it.

Comment

is there anyway to not have TWL squads affect non-TWL squads ranks or something, why would Joe Jimminy squad that wants to get into TWLs play us in basing?
          Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

the prob here imho is that some squads dont want to duel the good ones...they just want the points that are given by dueling the ez or less skilled squads. personally i dont think this is fair because if a squad that is in the top positions is challenged they may refuse and dont get the other the change to get more points
            The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

I woudl agree that that is not in the spirit of the competition. More akin to fraud. Certainly motvied by ambition with false goals.
              Kind regards
              Neodis

Comment

I dont think so.. Eventually they will "meet there self" Because the way I get it, the point of TWD is to sort out wich squads have to go to TWL. Well those squad only challenging those other "newbie" squads, will eventually play vs the Good squads in TWL, and that what its all about I think, to win the TWL. Or am I wrong??
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

*Shrug*
                  One day I'm gonna get together the nrg to look into just what the whole show is about.
                  Kind regards
                  Neodis

Comment

Maybe it would be more fair for non TWL squads not to lose any points if the lose vs a TWL squad. But gain points if the win. The TWL squad should though win/lose points in ordinary fashion.

Don't know if this is possible to make though. But it would be fair imo.

Comment

This is just something I'm wondering, does anyone think a non-league squad can come through and take Champion in twb/d/jd? I mean, the possiblilty of that is next to 0, IMO

Comment

Somehow I don't think that's the point. It's about being able to actually get to play.

Comment

Yeh i think the point really is for everyone to have fun and play some games with the cool new totally automated bots But i'm in TWL anyway so Meh :P
                          Tigerex

Comment

I think all squads should be treated equally, twl or not twl.
                            And even though non-twl squad might not win championship, there are possiblity. eg Camisade is probably going to be pretty highly ranked in twbd.
                            And why should the non-twl squads be given advantage? Like in real sports, those who were highly ranked in a previous tournament will probably be highly ranked in the next one as well. Also the best twl squads get to the next twl any how so their ranking don't affect if the non-twl squads get to twl.
                            (or something like that, thats how I've understood it, and too complicated language for me )

Comment

Kuukunen, then is the question, why should a non-TWL squad play a match vs a TWL-squad? IT's not competing the TWL-squads for a spot in TWL. They are fighting the other non-TWL-squads....

Comment

Working...
                              X