• Show
Clear All

• do they new intel macs run a virtual pc a lot better

help sarien
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

pleaz, you can DUAL BOOT.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

windows partition on a mac?

the end is near
      sage

Comment

My guess would be that they use x86 architecture since its an intel processor.

Comment

so you can now install Windows on a Mac system.

Hallelujah?

Comment

VPC on Intel is not available yet but when it does it will be better (according to me) because VPC on PPC emulated 1) the OS and 2) the Intel HW. VPC on Intel only has to emulate the OS. The HW no longer has to be emulated.

As of today Apple announced support for partitioning and booting Windows XP SP2. The beta is available for download. It looks really easy to do (as you'd expect for Apple).

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060405-6524.html
            http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

EDIT: Now that Apple has provided all the correct Windows drivers I gotta think virtualization programs just got a boost and they can't be that far away.
            Last edited by geekbot; 04-05-2006, 12:16 PM.

Comment

sarien is going to flip monkey shit when he sees you guys talking about dual booting windows on a mac system

ahahaha
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Me and Sarien always talk about this.

I can't wait to get my iMac so I can just have my Windows (for programming and other Windows only tasks) and my Mac (everything else).

Oh BABY.
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Currently, can new versions of Mac OS be installed on PC's?
                  Reclusion
                  "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Not really. You can get x86 architechure builds, but I don't know how supported they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Reclusion
                      Currently, can new versions of Mac OS be installed on PC's?
                      There are versions out there. I have two friends who got it running on two different laptops. I know at least one is still working on getting things like wireless to work.

If the reason is because you want to try OS X, then just scoot yourself on down to an Apple store and play to your heart's content. Hacking OS X to (sort of) work on a x86 box doesn't seem worth the trouble to me. It's the whole package (cool software + cool hardware + good integration) that makes an Apple an Apple.

Comment

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060405/apple...are.html?.v=12
                        There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Chuck Norris

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                          There are versions out there. I have two friends who got it running on two different laptops. I know at least one is still working on getting things like wireless to work.

If the reason is because you want to try OS X, then just scoot yourself on down to an Apple store and play to your heart's content. Hacking OS X to (sort of) work on a x86 box doesn't seem worth the trouble to me. It's the whole package (cool software + cool hardware + good integration) that makes an Apple an Apple.
                          I understand this. It was just a hypothetical thing. I figured if Apple supplied a i86 version of its OS, it would be interesting to try it out.
                          Reclusion
                          "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

And one day later....we're there.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04...php?lsrc=mwrss

This is the first announcement I've heard of a virtualization on Intel Mac OS X. The article says some of the things I was saying- that hardware doesn't have to be emulated with the virtualization. Processor time would be split between OSes. This would be most excellent on a Core Duo which is basically dual Pentium M's.

Comment

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

What else is there to say, really?
                              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X