X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bots lag detection is FUCKED UP.

MatchBot4> You are subbed in the game
    tEVo has been substituted by Stabwound
    MatchBot4> your lag is too high to play in this game. Max ping: 700, your ping: 3250
    Lank> gah
    Stabwound> !lagout
    Stabwound> !lagout
    Raven__> bleh
    MatchBot4> your lag is too high to play in this game. Max ping: 700, your ping: 1050
    Raven__> im rusting in spid
    1:Stabwound> JESUS FUCKING
    Stabwound> !lagout
    MatchBot4> Couldn't put you back in: You have to wait at least 15 seconds before you can return in the game
    1:Selex> i got the most kills woo
    1:Selex> of everyone
    Stabwound> !lagout
    MatchBot4> your lag is too high to play in this game. Max ping: 700, your ping: 1050
    Stabwound> ?lag
    PING Current:340 ms Average:740 ms Low:290 ms High:11980 ms S2C: 0.3% C2S: 0.3%
    Gundam-Heavyarms> OMFG STAB
    Stabwound> it says I have 1050 ping and when I put .?lag it says I have 340
    Stabwound> !lagout

WTF is this shit?
    sdg

shoulda tried ?ping. mine often says 2 differnt numbers. No one has ever been able to explain why though.
    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

it also checks average ping, not current ping

Comment

And 300ms isn't gonna help you that much... It is really annoying to play against laggots though...
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

Re: The bots lag detection is FUCKED UP.

Originally posted by Stabwound
          Stabwound> ?lag
          PING Current:340 ms Average:740 ms Low:290 ms High:11980 ms S2C: 0.3% C2S: 0.3%
          Current ping is only 1 piece of information. You might have gotten lucky with your last ping. Your avg ping is 740 and you are spiking up to 11980- way too high to play. I don't think there is a problem with the bot.

Never understood why there's ?ping and ?lag. ?lag just seems to have more information.

Comment

?lag was added a few years ago to combine ?ping and ?packetloss. I think it was one of the first features in the first version of continuum.. either that or it was an addition to the server that we could use with the old subspace, but that's why we still have ?ping and ?lag, the ?ping command was never removed.
            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

also ?packetloss
              There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I believe the ?lag works incorrect. I think it lies.
                I also wonder if that trace program included works....
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Well, that was the first and last time I've had a problem like that. It was just very aggrivating to be in the heat of a squad match and not be able to get in.

And I can guarantee you that my average ping isn't 700ms or whatever. I'm usually around ~290ms-320ms. That's probably the average for North American's with 56k modems...
                  sdg

Comment

Used to be 340 avg ping with dialup in NA (occasionally up to 400).

Now, 120-160 with cable modem. $$

Comment

Working...
                    X