Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are americans so fat? (serious topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are americans so fat? (serious topic)

I was thinking about this problem. What makes our country the "fattest" in the world? Why do our people eat more crapfood than any other nation? WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS?? I blame TV.
    If you won't get yur ass outta here immediatly, I'll make the hole in it bigger than the Grand Canyon!

Obligatory:

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

i blame a lack of peer pressure, get all the fat kids in the school to stand in the centre of the gym and have everyone laugh at them. it will make them all thin, emotionly vapid, and full of issue, but hey they will be thin, and thats all that matters right?
      Reinstate Sarien
      ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Suzie: no? that will only cause a problem. I started working out and caring about my looks only when i met great and kind friends who didnt care about how i look in the first place. They just said: hey man lets go to the gym its cool there. But when people laugh at you, you only get into depression and think "man i'll never get sexzy and pretty like arnie schwartznegger, i'll just go have a burger".

So laughing is definately not a way to go.
        If you won't get yur ass outta here immediatly, I'll make the hole in it bigger than the Grand Canyon!

Comment

It all boils down to sheer laziness. Too lazy to cook so you order out and too lazy to do any exercise.

Comment

Superted

well thats clear, but why our country has the most lazy people? and i doubt that it's our national trait. everyone knows russians are the laziest people in the world, and have you been in russia??? you'll never so many sexy chicks anywhere. And only older people are fat there.

Comment

Superted, I think it has more to do with corporate image, media influence and brand loyality. Obseity in most countries, not just America has risen rapidly in the last 20 or so years. And its within this time period that fast food companies started heavily marketing their products.

what McDonalds do is market a lot of their products towards children. Children desire to eat at McDonalds, they will associate it with positive feelings, and voila, a loyal customer is born. They will continue to eat at McDonalds as they associate it with the positive.

Consumerism is great for the economy too so I think the government support it.

Comment

Because now children are surrounded with all this touchy feely bs

"It's ok to be obese to the point of being unhealthy and jacking up everyone else's healthcare costs as long as you feel good about yourself on the inside"

In northern virginia public elementary schools now, they aren't allowed to play dodgeball because it makes the slow and fat kids feel bad.

As much as I hate to say it, video games might be partly to blame because kids would rather sit in front of their xboxes than go outside and run around.
                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

It's a stereotype. I'm fat.
                  Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Yeah, the videogames are a real problem... when was small use to spend days playing super smash brothers melee and continuum, and only when grew up a bit i lost interest to computer games.. Children are so vulnerable. I think as long as money rules America this problem will remain - cuz in reality noone cares about people, everyone cares only about money. I hate getting sick cuz the doctors arent- gonna help me - they're just gonna yank me into a whirlpool of recipes and suggestions that will empty my wallet and make feel even worse. And that's a proved fact, life proved.

Comment

The argument that Americans are lazier than Europeans is NOT very compelling.

EDIT: Of course it was a Euro that made that argument too.

Comment

nah, its all in the genes. if your gene coding has a code that says "satisfied when stuffing self" you will keep eating and satisfying urself cus u like it. the fact that you dont like being made fun of or being obece is a different topic.

Comment

You really are retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by WinnieTheBum
                            What makes [the United States] the "fattest" in the world? .
                            It isn't.

Comment

Obesity cannot be blamed on a single factor, there are many things that can lead to this.

Over eating, lazyness, medical conditions, genes, slow metabolism, depression, not enough exercise, publicity, subliminal messages, technology, not enough balance in food diets, etc. Name it, you got it.

In the end, it will effect us all in cost, because obesity leads to high blood pressure, which leads to various other diseases, and we will all suffer the consequences through our medical bills and/or taxes.
                              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                              -Buddha

Comment

Working...
                              X