Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets.

I'd like a pet.

Can't get a dog/cat/bird, it would basically need to be a fish or lizard- something I can keep in a cage or tank next to my bed, that won't make a shitload of noise.

Suggestions? Fish/ Lizard/ ???

What kinds, types? What do you have for a pet?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

a cat, until 3 weeks ago

Comment

A cat, until one year, 11 months and 5 days ago
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Nothing

I'd love to own a dog, but the problem is everyone except me in my family is allergic to animals. Bollocks

Comment

2 dog, 5 or so cats, and a bunch of chickens.

The people I'm babysitting for full time this week have sooo many animals. Originally I thought it was cool. But 2 horses, 2 guinea pigs, 9 INDOOR cats, and 6 INDOOR dogs gets old after awhile.
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

a friend i knew had a chinchilla, that thing was fucking sweet. i suggest getting a chinchilla.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

None of you guys own a lizard or something? Snake? Spider?
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

get a stick insect
                get drunk and stare at it or a twig for a few hours

ehmm when i was real young we had 2 guinnea pigs that the pet shop told us were both the same sex. Then they had babies so either it was a strange second comming of jesus or the pet shop had lied.

Then we got 2 gerbils.

Then we got a cat

now we have none.
                In my world,
                I am King

sigpic

Comment

not our pet per se but we had a pond with a few fish in it. They're pretty boring but one year a newt came and it was great. It was wild but it had wee arms and legs and swam, it was really watchable wheras the fish are as boring as hell.
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

I've kept a few exotic-type pets in the past, and was really into snakes and lizards for a while. Just have a few tropical fish at the moment.

Something that might be suitable for you is a blue-tongued skink. I always wanted to get one but never did. It's probably the closest lizards get to a cat/dog kind of pet. You can feed them on dog food so don't have to worry about keeping insects or mice etc. as food. They're a nice size and a bit more personable than snakes tend to be. You can let them wonder about the house a bit if you kep an eye on them and make sure they don't get too cold.

Best thing might be to troll a few herp forums. Or get a fish, but they can be quite involved too..
                    Last edited by GoldenPlums; 04-12-2006, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                      None of you guys own a lizard or something? Snake? Spider?
                      Ferret? They stink though. Go for a tortoise.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                        Ferret? They stink though. Go for a tortoise.
                        And the world's most boring pet goes to.................
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

i agree with facetious and get a fuckin chinchilla cause those things are damn amazing!! Id love a chinchilla as a pet, so god damn puffy but small, fast but easy to catch. and crazy, plus dont make a lot of noise. FUK I WANT ONE
                          the price is right, bitch.

Comment

i heart turtles

seriously, FUCKING TURTLES MAN

you can't go wrong with a turtle

and you can name it timmy

and you can teach it to breakdance, i.e. go into its shell and spin like a motherfucker

did i mention you can't go wrong with a turtle?
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

If you're thinking of fish, get a big aquarium with lots of tropical fish. The maintenance will be hard if they're tropical, but they'll be interesting to watch. (add a lot of different kinds, add snails[they help autoclean the tank], starfish and hermit crabs, awesome combo)

If you're thinking of lizards or snakes, I recommend a gecko. They're simple, but you can't have a phobia of bugs (such as crickets). If you do, go for the snake.

I used to have a african fat-tailed gecko, they're basically very easy to take care of. Leopard gecko is just as easy, don't go for any dayurnal geckos, they require a lot of delicate care. Snakes, if you get one, make sure the cover for the tank has secure lock on it, or else it will escape and probably not be found for a month :/, until you look on the furnace.
                              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                              -Buddha

Comment

Working...
                              X