Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British hacker might face extradition to Guantanamo

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/04...on_guantanamo/

The London born hacker now faces a fight to keep himself in Britain, where he will probably face a four year jail sentence, as opposed to a possible seventy year sentence in the US. Defence lawyers fear that due to the timing of McKinnon's cyber-attacks, the government will link his handywork to the 9/11 attacks. Indeed the US government is claiming that the hacker's actions made critical military systems inoperable shortly after the terrorist attack, which seems like a massive co-incidence.
    Oh noes, he can launch nuclear missles by whistling into a phone!

he's a terrorist with a lame excuse.

Comment

There's a simple test; if he's white he's innocent but if he's asian then he's a terrorist.

Comment

Sounds like the US government are blaming him for their own faults in the security system?

Comment

Or it sounds like he caused £370,000 worth of damage, one of the two. He couldn't look any more like a hacker either

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4712700.stm
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
            Sounds like the US government are blaming him for their own faults in the security system?
            Sounds like Mr. Peanuts sympathises with terrorists !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
              Or it sounds like he caused £370,000 worth of damage, one of the two. He couldn't look any more like a hacker either

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4712700.stm
              or a pedophile for that matter.
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Luckly it was a british citizen that hacked into U.S. defense system, not some arabic dude.

Personally I would recommend U.S. government to hire that hacker immediately for 150k a year as their security consultant. :fear:
                ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Damage which could have been prevented. Its like dropping the soap in Borstal, your hole is exposed!!!11

Comment

The next time you get burgled by one of the world's foremost burglars you're not allowed to prosecute as its your fault for failing to install the latest £3bn home security system

Comment

Yes, the government could afford to patch up their security holes though.

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
                        Luckly it was a british citizen that hacked into U.S. defense system, not some arabic dude.

Personally I would recommend U.S. government to hire that hacker immediately for 150k a year as their security consultant. :fear:
                        That's what Israel did to the hackers they caught...gave them jobs!
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                          Yes, the government could afford to patch up their security holes though.
                          You're completely missing the point; some guy broke into somewhere he was forbidden to go, fuck it was even a government restricted area, he was told specifically not to go there, he was warned that should he do so he'd face a lengthy spell in prison, and now that the victims are prosecuting you're saying they're trying to deflect attention? HE BROKE INTO THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEMS.

Let me transpose this onto various situations:
                          - Person A is walking down the street in Brixton, gets mugged, attempts to fend off the attacker but gets stabbed. Through the penis. When he later prosecutes the apprehended assailant for ruining his sex life, he is accused of not doing enough to fight off the attacker/not wearing metalic pants.
                          - Person A is walking down the street, pushing a pram containing her 3 month old child. Person B is going driving down the street at 130mph, coked up to the eyeballs. Person B loses control of his car, sends the pram 50 feet in the air and ploughs through 5 classrooms in the school behind Person A. The defendant later sues the car manufacturer for not having an anti-cocaine detection system in the car in case he forgets that he shouldn't drive whilst off his tits, in case he absent mindedly gets in the car to go to the shops.
                          - Person A buys a toaster, decides to make some toast whilst in the bath. The resulting accident leaves him with two slices of toast and paralysed from the waist down. Person A sues the water board for making the water so conductive.

Comment

Wait, you've missed my point, I never said he was right for doing it, all I said is that it could have been avoided and they're pinning way too much blame on him, he should serve the 4 years here.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                              The next time you get burgled by one of the world's foremost burglars you're not allowed to prosecute as its your fault for failing to install the latest £3bn home security system

You see, here is where you are missing the point.

There is a kind of burglars who only steal from houses without $3bn security system. They burgle because they need the money, and vast majority of burglars belong to this catagory.

There is a kind of burglars who only steal from houses with $3bn security system. They burgle not because of the money, but for the chanllenge, for showing off their skills, for the satisfaction of doing the 'impossible'.

And we would agree that the hacker in question obviously belongs to the later category.

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                              That's what Israel did to the hackers they caught...gave them jobs!
                              Well, if you could not defeat them, recruit them ;p
                              ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Working...
                              X