Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you live or rent in the Austin, TX area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you live or rent in the Austin, TX area?

...then I've got some serious questions for you.

1. What's a decent rent for a good/decent place (2-3 bdrm) in a non-shitty part of town? Preferrably near UT, but within a reasonable driving distance is okay.

2. Do you have rental lease cycles? IE, are most leases annual, running from August -> July?

3. Is there any place you'd advise someone not to live in/around town?

4. B====D ~~~ (|====8 Which penis is cumming?
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

1-3. Couldn't tell you, but (as I'm sure you already know) Austin is a great place to live - especially for young people. I envy you, are you attending UT?
    4. The chode.

Comment

I already have an undergrad degree, but possibly for a post-grad. My girlfriend is planning on doing her post-grad work in experimental film there and is moving down ahead of me so she can begin to get residency. I'm planning on trying to find a job at UT in IT somewhere. (Got to love those edu jobs.)

I've lived there before, but it was when I was like 10, so it doesn't really count.

Comment

HOW DOES THIS MAKE YOU FEEL????
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

It's sweet that you're going to go get to see them--I think their shows are pretty awesome. But then again, I'm biased.

On the other hand, when I move to Austin I'll be able to see them more often, and in better settings. Have I mentioned how utterly badass the Austin music scene is? It dwarfs anything you have to offer. HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT, HUH SUCKA?

Comment

Whenever I hear Austin, I instantly think there's a huge college scene there. I hear it's a blast if you're younger, but what could be so much more fun about it than any other arrid place in the world?

Comment

If I go to SXSW next year as threatened we're meeting up and if we're not meeting up I'm stalking you
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                ...then I've got some serious questions for you.

1. What's a decent rent for a good/decent place (2-3 bdrm) in a non-shitty part of town? Preferrably near UT, but within a reasonable driving distance is okay.

2. Do you have rental lease cycles? IE, are most leases annual, running from August -> July?

3. Is there any place you'd advise someone not to live in/around town?

4. B====D ~~~ (|====8 Which penis is cumming?
                I'm an undergrad at UT. Me and 4 other guys are going to be renting a house for $2900/month so 580/person. It's a 12 month lease for a house on the newer side of campus. I talked to someone yesterday who was leasing an apartment thingy with some other guys that was like 3 bed 3 bath for either 400 or 300 a month. Your price can very a lot depending on what side of campus you want to live on and how far away.

From what I've heard, it's fairly easy to sublease your place for the summer if you get a 12 month lease. Housing for the summer is really really expensive on-campus

I don't know where exactly would be bad to live. From what I can tell from the few times I've left the 40 acres: East campus: poor as shit. South campus: not bad. a lot of apartment complexes. West Campus: can't remember really. North campus: Everything seems newer.

edit: within reasonable driving distance is not ok w/ me. Parking is a fucking bitch. There are some good bus routes though that would appeal to me
                Last edited by iKillburger; 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X