Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Tech Christian sues for the Right to be Intolerant

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,6596503.story

Can you believe this crazy chick? She claims her religion, Christianity, "compels her to speak out against homosexuals". Maybe she should actually read the Bible before spewing out ridiculous bullshit like that.
    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Yeah. Anyone with a passing knowledge of the bible knows it condems them to stoning.

Comment

It isn't a lifestyle choice. It is a choice to live your life openly gay (and who shouldn't be what they?) but your sexual orientation is not determined by a conscious or unconscious decision.

The College should remove her and refuse her any credits and put a black stain on her record for discrimination.

Comment

im glad we put all our fundies on a boat to america 400 years ago, phew dodged a bullet there
        Last edited by Suh; 04-22-2006, 10:06 PM.
        Reinstate Sarien
        ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

I can't say I blame her, but I can't agree with her either. The issue is a very practical one especially in today's society. I don't think it's an issue with scripture but with personal tolerance, which I admit is lacking in about 80% of the Christians I know.

Personally, I think that instead of focusing on Leviticus 18:22 which says "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." We should, as Christians focus on our own nature, as in Matthew 7:5 Jesus said "...first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

If I could talk to her, I'd like to ask her where she stands in her own sexual purity. I don't think anyone is absolutely pure in thought and in action. I have gay friends who struggle with their identities as homosexuals and as Christians, and all I can say is that their struggle is beyond my comprehension. Unless she was put in a situation where she had to make that particular struggle, she doesn't realize the plank in her own eye.
          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q
            im glad we put all our fundies on a boat to america 400 years ago, phew dodged a bullet there
            Lol. That's hillarious, Suh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture

I can't blame her either considering her likely upbringing. Taking a more sensible look at things.. a lot of these ideas people get from the bible and other books give people principles to live their life by (although these ideals rarely are followed, observed, mentioned or cared about when people become obsessed over a 2,000 year old execution), basicly what the ancient greeks said thousands of years ealier; don't steal, don't kill ect.. Basicly don't do things to harm you: not the physical you but you your life, you your soul, you your consciousness. When it comes to homosexuality though it does make sense to outlaw and or frown on it during a time when mortality rates were high, life spans were about half of ours and population centres were nothing like they are today. Religion then became an ugly tool of our civilization to control people, today it has gotten out of hand. In our modern society given that there's 6 billion people here and growing AND that being gay is neither a choice nor entirely genetic you'd think feelings and laws on this subject would change and be more centrist less extremist.
              Last edited by Kolar; 04-23-2006, 01:12 AM.

Comment

if queers cant reproduce how come theres more and more of them
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                  if queers cant reproduce how come theres more and more of them
                  Are there more of them? Or are they all just admitting it now?

To be quite honest, if someone's gay, i'd rather they didnt admit it, i'd rather not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
                    Are there more of them? Or are they all just admitting it now?

To be quite honest, if someone's gay, i'd rather they didnt admit it, i'd rather not know.
                    Why? I'm gay, if you knew it or not now you do, does that change anything?
                    carpe diem

Comment

fuck Tech
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

The Christian bible is peppered with messages to subjugate women. So this chick should be a good Christian and drop out of school, make some babies, get in the kitchen and stfu.

Comment

ok, who cares.

religion is a bunch of bullshit anyways. just make money, make babies, travel and be happy. the end

Comment

Working...
                          X