RoboRef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboRef

Ive got the name RoboRef, i used it yesterday almost the whole day and then last night Rudy told nethila to tell me to get off the name, i asked why... rudy said i was impersonating staff... even tho i was talking normally and i didn't threaten to ban anyone or i didn't give anyones ranks to them when they did !rank to me, i told them straight up i wasn't the real robo.

"13. Pretending to be a staff member, for example by threatening to ban people or wearing a <ER> or <ZH> tag. Also, if your name is too similar to that of a moderator you may be asked to change or adjust it to avoid confusion."

I don't see anything about having a name that is close to a bot name. I've seen tons of other people with names that have the word BOT or ROBO. I just don't see the harm if im not actually "impersonating" robo ref OR staff members.
    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
    TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Using a similar name to a staffmember is impersonating, no use to argue about that. Robo Ref belongs to staff, RoboRef is identical, they should just ban you for 3 days or something.

Get a life instead of whining about things no one cares about.

Ps. To the staff that reads this, Ikrit is after my ass, if I suddenly get banned one day, it's Ikrit abusing powers.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel
      All bots in TW have staff powers aswell it is confusing for some people to see regular players with names simular to our bots. The reason for the impersonation rule.. I don't really know. It's not like we wrote it yesterday. I think it's mainly so we don't get idiots trying to steal information, it's better to kick/ban them before they get the chance or figure out how to do it.
      Last edited by Kolar; 04-24-2006, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I once made a name similar to TWBot, might've been TWBot69, and was asked to change my name back.

Then after a few days of that, I see someones name being TW Bot or so, and when I told a staffmember about it, nothing was done.
        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
        3:Shadowmere> LOL
        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
        Shadowmere> Rofl
        Up in ya !> With his feet
        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
        Up in ya !> l44t feet
        Deft> l44t f44t*
        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Erm, like Kolar said, bots have mod+ powers, so the rules pretty much define what you're doing wrong.

"asked to change or adjust it to avoid confusion"
          Well it's good of you to explain to people that you're not Robo Ref, but them PMing you with !rank in the first place is what I'd call confusion :P

Comment

The only person I ever remember having a name slightly similiar to a bot name and getting away with it was Bobo Bef. The whole rule for impersonating staff by having an <ER> or <ZH> tag is obvious. As for why they don't want you on a name similiar to a bot, I think it's because it creates confusion for people in the arena, and if enough people complain then it's technically disruptive to the game, which itself is actually illegal. I know you were talking like a normal person and everything but still if someone has chat disabled or they aren't reading chat and they start pm'ing RoboRef with !rank and stuff like that, they won't realise it's not the real Robo Ref till you pm them back. If you go afk or don't respond it's just more confusion and annoyance. I suppose that's my best attempt at explaining it but hopefully if I'm not exactly correct Rudy can clear this up.
            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
            3:Best> see it coming
            3:Best> sad

Comment

All bots are sysop.

Colonel, If I can't use the name "Not an <ER" which explicitly states that I'm not an <ER> while not even having the full <ER> tag , you definitely can't use RoboRef. Your name is extremely similar (Levenshtein distance of 1) to that of a name registered on staff lists.
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                All bots are sysop.

Colonel, If I can't use the name "Not an <ER" which explicitly states that I'm not an <ER> while not even having the full <ER> tag , you definitely can't use RoboRef. Your name is extremely similar (Levenshtein distance of 1) to that of a name registered on staff lists.
                Levenshtein $$$

...reminds me of warsteiner beer every time i hear it.
                -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
                  The only person I ever remember having a name slightly similiar to a bot name and getting away with it was Bobo Bef. The whole rule for impersonating staff by having an <ER> or <ZH> tag is obvious. As for why they don't want you on a name similiar to a bot, I think it's because it creates confusion for people in the arena, and if enough people complain then it's technically disruptive to the game, which itself is actually illegal. I know you were talking like a normal person and everything but still if someone has chat disabled or they aren't reading chat and they start pm'ing RoboRef with !rank and stuff like that, they won't realise it's not the real Robo Ref till you pm them back. If you go afk or don't respond it's just more confusion and annoyance. I suppose that's my best attempt at explaining it but hopefully if I'm not exactly correct Rudy can clear this up.
                  lol bobo bef is one of the crappiest names i ever seen. sounds so stupid lol.

as for colonel using roboref, i don't think its a big deal if you're admitting you're not staff. personally i think its kind of funny. being killed by roboref, that would be hilarious to some newbs.

if i had the name roboref, i won't lie. i probably would abuse. if someone killed me, i would PM them back with: WARNING: Do not kill Robo Ref or be banned.

lol :shifty:
                  RaCka> how can i get you here
                  death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                  RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                  death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I used to be able to have a <ZH> or <ER> tag,don t know if i still can.
                    Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign
                      Levenshtein $$$

...reminds me of warsteiner beer every time i hear it.
                      Thats a good tastin beer. my dad gets it all the time.
                      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by laureth
                        I used to be able to have a <ZH> or <ER> tag,don t know if i still can.
                        Anyone can have them. It's not like staff enables certain names and add a "ZH" to the end of the name. However, you are almost instantly warned if you log on with a staff name without being staff.
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X