Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world just might be worth saving afterall ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world just might be worth saving afterall ...

Here's a story about me, from today.

For those of you who don't know who I am, my name is Matthew, I work as a manager at a local Hollywood Video. I've been working at this place for about a year and a half now while I goto college during the day. And, with every passing day, I find that the people who come into my store get exponentionally stupid as the hours and days go by.

Today, I wake up this morning, and get ready to leave for school, as usual. I walked past my collection of DVDs stacked in a tower on my way out the door. On the top of the tower was a DVD I rented from work called "The God, The Devil, and Bob". The main plot of the series is that God and the Devil make a wager that a human named Bob must show God that the world is worth saving, or God will destroy it and finally be done with the human race. And, after working at my store, I kinda wondered to myself "Is the human race really worth saving?". I wasn't too sure, I had points that supported both sides of that arguement.

Now, I tell you this, because as I walked out the door, I got into my car, and started to drive to college. I was at a stop light, half way through my drive, when I noticed a cute girl in the car to my right (2 lane both way street). Just a passing thought of "Hmm, cute.", but that's it. So, the light turns green and we both go. About two streets down, this guy pulls out of the street, running past a stop sign without stopping .... the guy pulls out right infront of this girl. As I see this happening, I swerve to the side the same manner that she was. Well, when she swerved, she slammed onto her brakes and started to skid, while turning. Well, she over-corrected herself too hard and went right into a fire hydrant tearing the front of her car nearly clean off.

I was freaked out, went "holy fuck" and parked my car to a skidding stop next to hers and ran out. I ran over to her car, got her out, cause the front was all mangled up. Luckily this girl was alright. The guy who darted infront of her was nowhere to be seen. Within minutes we had about 10 people coming over helping out, one of them an off-duty firefighter. The fire team came down, turned off the water, the police came down and took down our statements. I was talking to the girl for an hour or so until her parents came down to pick her up. When her parents came they were like "Omg, thank you so much" etc* etc* The girl was sweet, she was like crying and holding onto me in a deathgrip the whole time.

I dunno, after that all happened, I noticed how nice and helpful everyone else was around, everyone was conserned, asking if she was alright, and what happened. The girl and I exchanged numbers and she went on her way, and as I left, I thought to myself "Hmm... maybe the world is worth saving, afterall."

Note: Summary to all those who don't like reading long posts. This is a story about me witnessing a car crash and my own personal views on the human race. I just put this in useless crap, because, I figured I'd just tell a story that doesn't happen every day to me.
    DELETED

Not exactly useless crap. Glad she's alright and also glad that people will take the time to help out even if their role might be miniscule.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Aww how sweet
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

ur tryin to brag cus u thought u pulled a hotty :P

Comment

Yes you made those people defeat the bystander effect. <- Don't worry if you don't know what this is.

It's good to hear that the accident victim is alright.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Pop her young gooch.

Comment

summarized version

that's the only reason people save the world

HOT CHIX
              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

The world is worth saving. Failing to save is givng up hope. Not having hope will lead to a pit of despair. We can rid the world of suffering.
                dong burger

Comment

^

PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                    hahahahahah!

post of the year!
                    Originally posted by Tone
                    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Darius Winds
                      The world is worth saving. Failing to save is givng up hope. Not having hope will lead to a pit of despair. We can rid the world of suffering.
                      i like your avatar
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Good story. Shame to UC it.

Comment

That's a good story. If you two ever hooked up you can go to parites and they'll ask 'so how did you two meet?' and then you go 'well......' etc. Then they'll think it's a good story too and they'll invite you to their barbeque next summer; bring your own beef.

Comment

I moved it to General Discussion after a couple people said it shouldn't be here .... oh ... *Pretend it's blue or something mod-ly*
                            DELETED

Comment

And then, put across to that the stories you hear about the senseless violence in the streets, people getting beat to death for saying something and 20 people standing around it just watching and not doing a singly thing. Only to point out to the cops how horrible it was and what the guys who did it look like..

MOST people only help when there is no possible threatening situation to them. I am not saying, if someone robs a bank with guns you gotta stop them, but if 2 guys are beating up someone else, and you are watching with 5 other people, it's not that hard to step up and do something.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X