TWL Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Lag

WR played a base game against Diso today. At the same time another 600 people or so were in TW. Lag was bad for everyone. Mantra claims he lost at least 3 starters to lag. It should go without saying that lag makes the game worse for everyone. Last year's twl showed highs in TW lag. During the TWLB Cup, the a-s vs wr match was barely playable and I heard the same of the diso vs pallies game. With a growing population, it looks like lag is only going to get worse.

My question is this, is it possible to have a seperate server for league games? I know last year that Mitch (and some other folk) had a server for their own league. The only problem was priitk refused to release the TW settings to something not staff run. Since TWL is staff run, is it possible to get a second server for matches?

Hah, that's not a problem, I have the TW settings. Slowbob used to have his TWL on a separate server for every season but the last when Crome took over.

The actual problem was that we couldn't find a stable host for the server.

Comment

SSCX is pretty stable...
      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
        Hah, that's not a problem, I have the TW settings. Slowbob used to have his TWL on a separate server for every season but the last when Crome took over.

The actual problem was that we couldn't find a stable host for the server.
        Oh. Damn then.

Comment

well..yea I agree. I don't care that much about laggers getting advantage with their lag in elim, but I do care about when it comes to TWL. I'd rather play someone with 200 ms lag on a separate server, instead of 450 ms on TW server.
          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
          There wont be another election for president.
          Obama is the Omega President.
          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another thing was that we couldn't get it on the SSC network because Priitk, sysop of Trench Wars, also helps to run SSC and he's on the SS council. So, it's a really hard part for us to get people to play with their names on a server run by a player. The idea of safety of a pw of a name comes into play. I also probably wouldn't play on another server off the SSC list because of this reason

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
              Another thing was that we couldn't get it on the SSC network because Priitk, sysop of Trench Wars, also helps to run SSC and he's on the SS council.
              Wouldn't that make it easier?
              I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Nope, he thinks that one tw is better than a divided one or some shit.

Comment

I don't really think of this as devided. Ideally, there would be no pubs and would be used for league only. Advertisements would still go in the normal TW server.

Maybe I should move this to TW Staff to get feedback on it?

Comment

Priit and Zippi got in a big fight and the SSC ceded because they're trying to revive SVS or some ridicolous shit like that so it shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

yep

i really can't imagine zippy letting TW get a foothold in SSCX

Comment

zippi had his phone number..he even gave it to me.

I lost it
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

zippy dan isn't zippi! is he?
                          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

nope

Comment

If you want to try it, I'll put up a server with tw settings on my comp for shits and giggles.

Comment

Working...
                              X