help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me!

I can't get in to continuum, I'v resently changed computer and when I installed continuum it didn't work. I have Windows XP, might that be the problem?

And I have a ISDN modem that should be 128 kb but it's only 64 kb... can that be the problem?

Are firewall's a problem? I have that to...

plz help me!

I dont get it

Can you actually start continuum? (In other words: can you see the zones and the ships etc?)

If so, are you saying that you cant connect on TW?

I know sometimes WinXP enables a gay firewall over some network (and dialup) connections, maybe thats the problem -

You might have to disable it by clicking start, connections (lets suppose you didnt change the start menu for the old one), then right-click on your connection and select properties, click on the advanced tab an uncheck the first option (called 'Internet firewall' or something - i have WinXP in french here.)
    Bilange> i love getting repped
    Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
    ----
    Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

if its the XP firewall your trying to disable:

click:
      start
      control panel
      either network connections or network and internet connections depending on view
      if it was network and internet connections, then click control panel icon at bottom called network connections
      find your local area connection if you are on a highspeed connection or the right dial up connection

right click and choose properties
      should have a general, authentication and advanced tabs at top
      click on advanced....first box is the XP firewall...

Microsoft said its junk...and causes connection probs....always good to disable it

as for other firewalls...you have to give permission for Continuum to access....

i once had a weird situation with one of mine that the pings were blocked, so the zone page was all in red, yet i could click on a zone and go into....very weird...blocking the pings but not the connections...

but yes....like bilange said....what point cant you get to?
      can you launch the original program? or just not click on zones?

if you double click on continuum icon and nothing happnens...its probably the firewall....disable your firewall and try again

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Firewall is not a problem, you should try downloading Continuum again and after it installing it again. If that does not help, you are having something wrong on your connection settings.

Comment

I can open continuum but not enter a zone (they are all red). Is it a firewall thats doing it?
          I have disabled the XP firewall but I have a F-Secure firewall to and I don't know how to disable that one. How do I get permission for continuum to "pass" through the firewall? What do I have to do? Plz help me, I don't know much about computers...

Comment

You have some kind of firewall on then. Maybe on proxy is firewall.
            - Tanker (aka. Acid Tank, Late, Pelikaani)
            "No Fear, No Sense, and Soon No Lunch!"

- Paladen Squad Assistant
            - Trench Wars Development
            - Trench Wars Forum Super Moderator

Comment

Working...
            X