PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs. Barcelona

MILOS
05-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Who's going to win?

I got money on Barcelona. You can't stop those Brazilians!

AcuMo
05-03-2006, 04:49 AM
Arsenal vs. Barcelona. 1-4

Dabram
05-03-2006, 05:49 AM
2-1 Arsenal. MOM will be Henry with a goal and an assist. Fabregas will make the second goal. Eto'o will score aswell. Other than that, Gilberto will make Ronaldinho cry.

I'll be cheering for Arsenal, but I really enjoy watching Barca aswell, best final in years.

ZeUs!!
05-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Arsenal are fucked

Pat B
05-03-2006, 06:20 AM
when is this?

Nockm
05-03-2006, 06:39 AM
2-1 Arsenal. MOM will be Henry with a goal and an assist. Fabregas will make the second goal. Eto'o will score aswell. Other than that, Gilberto will make Ronaldinho cry.

I'll be cheering for Arsenal, but I really enjoy watching Barca aswell, best final in years.

Yeah!

NaiLed
05-03-2006, 07:00 AM
according to ladbrokes, barca are evens to win

Mantra-Slider
05-03-2006, 07:25 AM
it really suits arsenal well to be underdogs ;)
THIS IS SO GREAT!!! hopefully the final can top the last one but I doubt anything can do that :p

Stayon
05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Well its obvious that Barca is better overall but on champions league final everything can happen, and it did surprised me that Arsenal is here, the premiership didnt went well but they are clearly a european team this year, doing some good games. I saw numerous times, closed marking on ronaldinho, and some did work but not always and that is enough for him to make a goal or do a clutch pass, he cant be stopped, not to mention Eto'o, Deco, Giuly, Messi etc. On the other hand ive always been a fan of Henry, he can take 2 or 3 defenders sometimes and score a goal, and Arsenal plays pretty good as a team, but I just dont see em beat Barca, but their style will make it very hard for Barca nontheless. Probably gonna see alot of defending from Arsenal trying to counter attack and a big pressure from Barca most of the times, still I think its gonna be a close game in the score marker but not on who has the ball. Barca 2-1 Arsenal.

MILOS
05-03-2006, 12:33 PM
No doubt Arsenal is a strong side. Their poor Premiership season can be traced to their Champions League participation though, as most of their games they were hesitant to play their top players. Many late season games, Henry didn't even start. So their current standing (5th I think) doesn't mean much.

Barcelona is beastly though. No one can deny that Ronaldinho could be the next Pele. That guy can take on three players at once, and is the best playmaker I've seen in my life.

I think overall Barcelona should win it. The only way Arsenal will hold them off is if they figure out a strategic way to keep Ronaldinho useless. I saw Milan doing this effectively and they managed to grind out a draw.

By the way, did anyone else see the disallowed goal that Milan scored? The camera replay showed NO FOUL! That referee should be fired and banned from soccer forever. To be that stupid and to send the wrong team into Champions League finals. Had that goal counted, who knows who would have ended up winning! That was just stupid! Soccer needs to start using cameras to challenge referee decisions...

Kim
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Barca 1-0 arsenal

Mantra-Slider
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Yes Milos I saw that incident on the tv just like you did but the ref saw something before the ball went there you know, before the camera was even showing it on tv. According to the swedish commentators the next day there is a german "indipendent" camera (you know how some tv stations sometimes decide to keep one camera on one player) who shows that it indeed was a bad play from schevve. I havent seen it myself tho.

Im all for goal cameras tho.

Galleleo
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
If arsenal plays how they can play (juve at home for example). It's evened out in my eyes. Henry and Ronaldinho are both the best players in the world atm. And both teams have about equally good players everywhere but arsenal is the better team I think. With barca you see that deco for example likes to go for himself instead of just passing. Arsenal is much more disciplined in this.

Barca would be slight favourites, but in my eyes teams are pretty equal aslong as Wengers lets his team play how they can and not like they played against villareal away.

Edit: I saw that "goal" from like 6 different points of view.. and in my eyes shev did nothing wrong, it was normal football contact, he pulled and pushed a little, the other pulled and pushed a little, nothing worth giving a foul for. Just normal football contact in my eyes.