PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs: Round 2

Nickname
05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Here we go!

Ottawa (1)
Buffalo (4)

Season Series: 5-3 Ottawa

Preds: Ignore the few Ottawa demolitions of the sabres early on (10-4, 5-0, 6-1) because it's not the same Buffalo team. Both teams can and will Fly, both teams will have at worst solid goaltending and this should be one hell of a fantastic series. I believe Ottawa has to be the favourite in eliminating the defending Stanley Cup Champions who were a much better team than the very big and VERY slow Flyers. The flyers could not keep up with the speed of Buffalo, and this resulted in a lot of penalties and a lot of oppotunities, and this created some horrifyingly one-sided games in favour of Buffalo, but you won't see that in Ottawa. Ottawa is at least as good a skating team as Buffalo, probably better. They're deeper on Defense and in Scoring, but weaker in Goal with Miller and Biron, vs just Emery with no Hasek.

Result: Ottawa prevails in a very hard fought series, in either 6 or 7. I'll go with 6.

Carolina (2)
New Jersey (3)

Season Series: 2-2

Preds: both teams are hot hot hootttt. Jersey has won something ridiculous like 15 straight, after sweeping the lowly rangers, while Carolina has won 4 playoff games in a row over a good Montreal team. Jersey has an obvious advantage in Goaltending with Brodeur who will probably end up being the single best goaltender in the history of the game, but Carolina has way more scoring. This series will hinge on Jerseys Offense vs Carolinas Defense because Carolina WILL score goals, so Jersey is going to have to too. I question how well Jerseys shut them down trap will work on a great skating team like Carolina, and as such I don't think they'll be able to get one goal and just ride it to victory like they like to do.

Result: Canes in 6!

San Jose (5)
Edmonton (8)

Season Series: Edmonton 3-1

Preds: Rolie the goalie has played well so far for Edmonton, and has impressed me with his play vs a very tough Detroit team. He's going to need to be good since all 3 Oiler wins this season over the sharks have come by one goal, with SJ lone win coming by 3. Thornton is not playing up to his potential yet, and thats going to be hard with Peca and Pronger all over him, but I question Edmontons ability to score on Toskala, who is better than Legace IMO.
I won't lie, I wanted Calgary to win so it'd be Calgary vs Edmonton...

Result: a rough series, look for big checks! Sharks in 6.

Anaheim (6)
Colorado (7)

Season Series: Colorado 3-1

Preds: all 4 games were decided by a goal, so this series will be tight. Both teams are capable of winning and I wouldn't be shocked if either team made it through, but I'm not going to underestimate Colorado and Sakic again. Look for Theodore to up his play again and stick it to Montreal fans. I'm still nto sure whats going on in Anaheim goalie wise, but I don't expect either goalie to make a huff about it and distract from the playoffs.

Result: Colorado in 6.

Randedl
05-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Ottawa vs Buffalo is going to be a killer series. Fast talented teams with good defence on one side and an all world goalie on the other. The difference maker is going to be Ottawa's second line. Havlat and Schaefer were on fire in the first round and I think that, as the top line draws the top defence, they will slip under the radar once more. Ottawa in 6.

Jersey is going to continue their rampage. I am still unimpressed with Carolina (with the exception of Brindamour). Brodeur is going to carry his team to the cup - with the help of another dozen points from Elias or Gomez. Jersey in 4 (19 game win streak).

The wild west. . .

San Jose will knock off Edmonton. They are just too strong and my new pick out of the west. 5 games.

Colorado will beat Anaheim. Calgary fed into the dull hockey Anaheim likes to play, the Avs have more of that up-temponess that will give them an advantage throughout the series that will be the deciding factor. Avalanche in 6.

Sleuth
05-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Ottawa
Buffalo

ROFL

Ottawa 4-1

New Jersey
Carolina

Will be a sad series imo

New Jersey 4-2

San Jose
Edmonton

San jose 4-2

Anaheim
Colorado

Colorado 4-1

Pat B
05-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Ottawa 3 Buffalo 4
Wow. just wow. the best serie this year playoffs will have. i just can't predict who will win, it's a fucking toss over man... Both talentuous, but i'll go with Bufallo since they are less injured and they don't have Ray Emery. Go Briere.

New Jersey 4 Carolina 1
Seriously, Carolina sucks so bad, they're going to be demolished by Elias-Gionta-Gomez, they jsut can't make it. MOntreal couldn't do shit because they lacked something, yeah passing game or whatever. Cam ward isn't that strong.

Colorado 3 Anaheim 4
Anaheim is just.. wacko wacko wack, they play dull hockey and bring the other team in it, look out for theodore to put some fucking bad goals out of his sleeve. Yeah, he's bad like that. He always went into 2nd round in the playoffs, but that never stopped him from sucking ;)

San Jose 4 Edmonton 2
What the fuck is Edmonton doing there?!?!?!? There's no way they can keep going up again... man, thornton is going to fuck up roloson.

Jeenyuss
05-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Here we go!

Ottawa (1)
Buffalo (4)

Season Series: 5-3 Ottawa

Preds: Ignore the few Ottawa demolitions of the sabres early on (10-4, 5-0, 6-1) because it's not the same Buffalo team. Both teams can and will Fly, both teams will have at worst solid goaltending and this should be one hell of a fantastic series. I believe Ottawa has to be the favourite in eliminating the defending Stanley Cup Champions who were a much better team than the very big and VERY slow Flyers. The flyers could not keep up with the speed of Buffalo, and this resulted in a lot of penalties and a lot of oppotunities, and this created some horrifyingly one-sided games in favour of Buffalo, but you won't see that in Ottawa. Ottawa is at least as good a skating team as Buffalo, probably better. They're deeper on Defense and in Scoring, but weaker in Goal with Miller and Biron, vs just Emery with no Hasek.

Result: Ottawa prevails in a very hard fought series, in either 6 or 7. I'll go with 6.

Carolina (2)
New Jersey (3)

Season Series: 2-2

Preds: both teams are hot hot hootttt. Jersey has won something ridiculous like 15 straight, after sweeping the lowly rangers, while Carolina has won 4 playoff games in a row over a good Montreal team. Jersey has an obvious advantage in Goaltending with Brodeur who will probably end up being the single best goaltender in the history of the game, but Carolina has way more scoring. This series will hinge on Jerseys Offense vs Carolinas Defense because Carolina WILL score goals, so Jersey is going to have to too. I question how well Jerseys shut them down trap will work on a great skating team like Carolina, and as such I don't think they'll be able to get one goal and just ride it to victory like they like to do.

San Jose (5)
Edmonton (8)

Season Series: Edmonton 3-1

Preds: Rolie the goalie has played well so far for Edmonton, and has impressed me with his play vs a very tough Detroit team. He's going to need to be good since all 3 Oiler wins this season over the sharks have come by one goal, with SJ lone win coming by 3. Thornton is not playing up to his potential yet, and thats going to be hard with Peca and Pronger all over him, but I question Edmontons ability to score on Toskala, who is better than Legace IMO.
I won't lie, I wanted Calgary to win so it'd be Calgary vs Edmonton...

Anaheim (6)
Colorado (7)

Season Series: Colorado 3-1

Preds: all 4 games were decided by a goal, so this series will be tight. Both teams are capable of winning and I wouldn't be shocked if either team made it through, but I'm not going to underestimate Colorado and Sakic again. Look for Theodore to up his play again and stick it to Montreal fans. I'm still nto sure whats going on in Anaheim goalie wise, but I don't expect either goalie to make a huff about it and distract from the playoffs.

Once again I agree with you on the most part (Sharks in 7) except with the Canes winning this one. Against Montreal, the Habs CLEARLY had them beat. Then Koivu goes and gets a fuckin eye injury. Koivu, the captain of Montreal, the heart and soul of the Habs, got taken out in game 2 of the playoffs. It killed all the momentum they had. With a disheartened Montreal team Carolina only didn't have to screw up. New Jersey is way too hot and too much of a playoff team to not win this one

New Jersey in 5

Nickname
05-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Ottawa 3 Buffalo 4
Wow. just wow. the best serie this year playoffs will have. i just can't predict who will win, it's a fucking toss over man... Both talentuous, but i'll go with Bufallo since they are less injured and they don't have Ray Emery. Go Briere.

New Jersey 4 Carolina 1
Seriously, Carolina sucks so bad, they're going to be demolished by Elias-Gionta-Gomez, they jsut can't make it. MOntreal couldn't do shit because they lacked something, yeah passing game or whatever. Cam ward isn't that strong.

Colorado 3 Anaheim 4
Anaheim is just.. wacko wacko wack, they play dull hockey and bring the other team in it, look out for theodore to put some fucking bad goals out of his sleeve. Yeah, he's bad like that. He always went into 2nd round in the playoffs, but that never stopped him from sucking ;)

San Jose 4 Edmonton 2
What the fuck is Edmonton doing there?!?!?!? There's no way they can keep going up again... man, thornton is going to fuck up roloson.

You and jeen crack me up. So according to you montreal never ha dplayoff success because Theodore sucks? OTHER WAY AROUND, get a 2nd scoring line first, then rate your goalies! You and Jeen both hate Carolina, and I love that you hate them. All they had to do was no screw up? Fuck that shit. Montreal played HARD withotu Koivu, in HONOUR of Koivu, but they simply lacked the scoring. What does it say about your team when they can lose 4 straight to this goalie, and that goalie is gonna lose 4-1 int he next series?

Pat B
05-04-2006, 11:12 PM
You and jeen crack me up. So according to you montreal never ha dplayoff success because Theodore sucks? OTHER WAY AROUND, get a 2nd scoring line first, then rate your goalies! You and Jeen both hate Carolina, and I love that you hate them. All they had to do was no screw up? Fuck that shit. Montreal played HARD withotu Koivu, in HONOUR of Koivu, but they simply lacked the scoring. What does it say about your team when they can lose 4 straight to this goalie, and that goalie is gonna lose 4-1 int he next series?

watch it, and talk to me after. We'll see.

Sufficient
05-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Devils win it all.

Pat B
05-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Hahahah
you saw that game? 5-0, what a fucking rape. Huuuge rape. I told you theo sucked. Ok i see you coming " those goals werent his fault blablablablabla"
Yes they were, he could have froze the puck a couples of times and Selanne goal, he could have stopped that. Anyways, he sucks.
Ottawa-buffalo WOW

Hydride
05-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Anaheim (6)
Colorado (7)

i dont get what you mean by those numbers, obviously it isn't what you predict the series ending record to be because there isn't a total of 13 games

freddie
05-06-2006, 09:16 AM
i dont get what you mean by those numbers, obviously it isn't what you predict the series ending record to be because there isn't a total of 13 games
Regular season standings.

Hero*
05-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah NN is right. Kings and Jeen what you said doesn't really make sense. Carolina was just the better team during the series.

Ottawa 4
Buffalo 2or3

Colorado 1or2
Anehiem 4

New Jersey 3
Carolina 4

San Jose 4
Edmonton 1or2

Nickname
05-06-2006, 11:21 AM

it's the seeding that they came into the playoffs in.

Kings: Well It's a good thing the series is one game, you're right, i'm wrong, Theodore is the worst goalie ever. Praise Allah, thee end.

blowtorch
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Buffalo takes game one 7-6. What a fucking game! It was a shootout all the way till the end and what a show Connolly put on. Then Drury puts one past Emery 18 seconds into OT, what a finish. Ill be at game three at HSBC arena so I hope its as exciting as this game. Finally a sports team makes me proud to say Im from western New York (fuck the Bills)

Pat B
05-06-2006, 03:08 PM
hahaha, one game is part of the series. im just enjoying every part of the game i can! :)

Golden_Aim
05-07-2006, 05:40 AM
carolina killed nj, surprised me.. buffalo seems to be tough is their average 7 goals per match lol.. well anyway very interesting playoffs this season.

Pat B
05-07-2006, 09:04 AM
that surprised me too. what the fuck!?!?!?
Montreal weren't that strong...
god, i saw every game of the season and they couldn't oppose such competition...

Nickname
05-07-2006, 11:09 AM
fairly simple. NJ was uber hot, but they had too long of a layoff, and it'll take them longer to get back int he swing of thigns than a team who played two more games.

Pat B
05-12-2006, 07:32 PM
I would totally put a big lol but im not in the right mood.
I will just add that i told ya that theodore sucked. Colorado was like the old MOntreal Canadiens all over again. What else could have happened? THeodore sucked, Booosbois(that is the best nickname ever, seriously) and Turgeon man they sucked bad.

Capital Knockers
05-13-2006, 08:47 AM
fairly simple. NJ was uber hot, but they had too long of a layoff, and it'll take them longer to get back int he swing of thigns than a team who played two more games.

Let us comeback Nickname, let it happen - wait a tick, aren't you a dirty leaf fan?

Nickname
05-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Here we go!

Ottawa (1)
Buffalo (4)

Carolina (2)
New Jersey (3)

San Jose (5)
Edmonton (8)

Anaheim (6)
Colorado (7)

Ok, I suck. Suck suck suck suck suck.

Sens in 6? not so much, not so much at all. Uberchoke. I got canes right, but it was 5 not 6, Ward outplayed Brodeur, o.O. Sharks in 6? shoulda been after going up 2-0, but they were completly and tottaly flat for the rest of the series. Where was marleau, thornton, cheechoo? Nowhere. Colorado in 6? Yikes!

I did way better in round 1 :(