PDA

View Full Version : Tonights The Night!!!

Mantra-Slider
05-17-2006, 04:09 AM
THE BIGGEST NIGHT OF ALL THE NIGHTS IN THIS NIGHTED WORLD (WTF SPEAK ENGLISH!!)

Let the game begin!! Im so excited Im about to wet myself every second. Good luck to both teams (yes its true, the players do read this forum) and may the best swede win! (hopefully the younger one)
Most people had barcelona for ez win but as the game has come closer to kickoff Ive seen more and more talk about Arsenal being able to pull this one off. The odds are far more evened out at this moment than they were a week ago. While I know its pretty much impossible to repeat the amazing final from last year I still hope we get to see a really good game between the (in my eyes) most attractive (to watch.. and I mean their playing styles, not their looks - arsenal would have won that one WITH EZ. Ljungberg is hot!) football clubs the last couple of years.

Dabram
05-17-2006, 05:15 AM
2-1 Arsenal

It's going to be remembered as the Henry show, and everyone will be going Ronaldin-who?

I'm probably gonna watch it in a pub, haven't done that for years. It's that special!

Galleleo
05-17-2006, 05:48 AM
I just hope that Wenger gives Bergkamp playing time in his very last game ever..

Miku19
05-17-2006, 06:23 AM
Cause tonight, is the niiight, when two become ooooone.

Barca 2-1

Miku19
05-17-2006, 06:24 AM
And if Bergkamp doesn't get to play it's not his last game ever. :)

Barton
05-17-2006, 07:43 AM
2-1 Arsenal

It's going to be remembered as the Henry show, and everyone will be going Ronaldin-who?

I'm probably gonna watch it in a pub, haven't done that for years. It's that special!

agreed

Displaced
05-17-2006, 08:21 AM
16-0 for barca.

aresenal gonna get raped, i hate that wenger newb.

Richard Creager
05-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Arsenal reads SSCU Trench Wars borums?

What?

Pressure Drop
05-17-2006, 10:41 AM
really looking forward to this game :D

really hope its not a cagey affiar and both teams show the lovely attacking football they can play.

but your title made me think of one of my favorite songs being the same name, here is a cut down version to get it out of my system :P

"Tonight's The Night"

Tonight's the night,
tonight's the night
Tonight's the night,

Bruce Berry was a working man
He used to load that Econoline van.
A sparkle was in his eye
But his life was in his hands.

Well, late at night
when the people were gone
He used to pick up my guitar
And sing a song in a shaky voice
That was real as the day was long.

Tonight's the night, yes it is,
tonight's the night

Early in the mornin'
at the break of day
He used to sleep
until the afternoon.
If you never heard him sing
I guess you won't too soon.

'Cause people let me tell you
It sent a chill
up and down my spine
When I picked up the telephone
And heard that he'd died
out on the mainline.

Tonight's the night,
tonight's the night

Bruce Berry was a working man
He used to load that Econoline van.
Well, early in the morning
at just about the break of day
He used to sleep
until the afternoon.

Tonight's the night, yes it is,
tonight's the night

Galleleo
05-17-2006, 02:41 PM
The ref killed the game. He should have given Barcelona the goal and be done with it. Now he didn't give arsenal the goal, he left arsenal with a man down, and with the 1-0, arsenal will go into Massive defensive mode.

What I dislike most of all tho, is that he killed the chance of bergkamp playing in this match, if he doesn't get to play it would be really, really messed up. He is one of the best players to ever roam this earth, this is his very last official match as a professional ever, it's the champions league final which he has never played before and thus never won before, he deserves atleast 10 min playing time for his career, for his goodbye. But knowing Wenger, chances are minimal with Arsenal being a man down.

PredatoR_FNM
05-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Arsenal for the win!

Hero*
05-17-2006, 02:45 PM
ohhhh shit that ref is gay. id rather have 11players and a 0-1 game. but thank god the ref called the dive and sol put er home! GO ARSENAL GO

Hero*
05-17-2006, 03:34 PM
and ohhh shit, just like that..2-1 Barcelona.

Miku19
05-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I called it.

ZeUs!!
05-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Fucking joke

NaiLed
05-17-2006, 03:46 PM
barcelona were the better team

didn't see arsenal winning even if they kept their 11

edit\' although i would have liked them to

Galleleo
05-17-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't agree on Barcelona being the better team, I think Arsenal was the slightly better team save the 5 min in which Barca scored. Sure, Barca had more ball posession, but Arsenal let them have it, they didn't really get dangerous, while Arsenal did have some good chances, and should have won. Henry missed 2 chances he normally doesn't miss. 3 things I noticed:

1. The ref sucked, he totally fucked up the whole match.
2. Henry seemed injured, he wasn't 100%. Half of the time he just wasn't doing anything.
3. It's a big shame bergkamp did not get to play.

Mulkero
05-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I did watch it, for like 10 minutes

GoldenPlums
05-17-2006, 05:48 PM
1. The ref sucked, he totally fucked up the whole match.
The guy has to do his job even if it screws up the game a bit. Lehmann had to go, it's the rules. Infact, he should have let the goal stand and then sent him off. The ref didn't have a great game but he had no choice about Lehmann going unfortunately.

I was disappointed that arsenal didn't just go mental with 10 minutes to go. They were dead on their feet but seemed to have given up by then. Much better to lose 3:1 but perhaps have a chance to get back into it.

Still, A. Cole looked quite lively and even campbell looked ok. So I'm happy enough.

Izor
05-17-2006, 07:03 PM
sigh, that time slot on espn2 could have been filled by something MUCH more entertaining

Kim
05-17-2006, 08:07 PM
S'ETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rockz0r

Hero*
05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
i dont agree with Nailed. Arsenal was clearly the better team when it was 11v11 and even when it was 11v10 they hung in there for most of the game. Again the ref really did fuck it up. He could have let the goal stand and the keep could have stayed in. I don't know why he chose to give him the red, just made it much worse for all the fans and players. Then he gives arsenal like 3 more yellows and didnt give any to barc untill finally he pulled up his skirt and gave a card. Arsenal clearly the better team this game, too bad they didn't win.

Dabram
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
FCKGIN FGAY YFHFJDDDLCJFFJjddjskljdfdfsj2983@*#**$(@

WHY FUCKING GET A GEMRNA

ALL GERMAN FUCKING SUCK

BLEehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ALMUNIA IS WROSE

both goals Iwas like wt?f??????/
then i saw henry's look and i know what he was thinking; even i couldve said that, god aluminia how can u possibly be worse than lehmann..

blehh.. still love both teams, but i was cheering for arsenal since theyre my club. :(

at least chelsea or whatever boring theam tddnd win. :(

Mantra-Slider
05-18-2006, 04:23 AM
the ref admits after game that he did a misstake ;)

sux that arsenal didnt score on the chances they had on the breakaways. those chances were actually bigger goal opportunities than the ones barca scored on.. Henry really should have scored :/

I guess its cool tho that the two swedes were as good as they were :D both Henke and Ljungberg were probably their teams best player in second half.

ZeUs!!
05-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Larsson was completely anonymous, except for his booking

Dabram
05-18-2006, 09:50 AM
2 assists isn't really being anonymous..

NaiLed
05-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Larsson was completely anonymous, except for his booking

he set up both goals

edit: just saw bram's post

Mantra-Slider
05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
mike now I have to add you to my signature..

Galleleo
05-18-2006, 04:14 PM
The guy has to do his job even if it screws up the game a bit. Lehmann had to go, it's the rules. Infact, he should have let the goal stand and then sent him off. The ref didn't have a great game but he had no choice about Lehmann going unfortunately.

No Lehmann didn't have to go, he had 2 choices:

1. He could murder the game, thus not feeling the game, and do what he did, give a free kick and sent Lehmann off.

2. He could whistle in the nature of the game, waited to see if there was an advantage for Barca, which there was, given the goal and let Lehmann stand, keeping it at 11 vs 11.

He could NOT have let the goal stand AND sent Lehmann off, it's either the foul and the red card or the goal. So yes, he had a choice and he made the wrong decision, he wasn't in the wrong according to the rules precisely, but he was watching the nature of the game.

Besides from that incident, he still fucked up, Arsenal goal, dive by eboue. Yellow card Henry, he never did anything. (what I hear) Offside Goal from Eto'o, etc. Even without the Lehmann incident the ref fucked up.

GoldenPlums
05-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Well maybe Lehmann didn't have to go.

I'm no expert on the rules but I know enough to see that it was a perfectly legitimate goal and it should have stood. Barca got the ball in the back of the net, so despite whatever fouls arsenal may or may not have made, barca still gets the goal. It's called playing on.

Your choices don't really work for me. The ref has two critical choices to make. The first is whether to allow play to continue and the second is to decide what to do with Lehmann. He screwed up by not letting play to continue, that's the main problem. After that, what you do with Lehmann is debatable but I think he had to go.

ZeUs!!
05-19-2006, 04:01 AM
mike now I have to add you to my signature..I was aware of his assists, however they don't justify a performance just two kicks of the ball

Dabram
05-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Dude, he subbed in and got two assists, in a match like that it means a little bit more than "two kicks of the ball", as if it didn't take great positioning to get into those positions. The subbing was pretty much the reason why Barca managed to completely turn around a match dominated by 10 men. If anything Henke's booking is something no one will remember, Barca had the match in the bag by then..

ZeUs!!
05-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Don't let that cloud your opinion that two of his passes came off in an otherwise dull game on his part. Arsenal did not previously dominate that match, they were defending for nearly all of the game, meaning that Barcelona didn't turn anything around. I'm not debating the memorability of his booking or its timing

Dabram
05-19-2006, 04:42 PM
If you get down to 10 men 18 minutes into the game, then manage to score a goal and create a lot more chances than your opponent, I call that dominating the game, or at least the Gunners played as good as they could've vs a fast-passing team like Barca.
As for Larsson, when he subbed in 2/3th of the match was already gone by, I'm not sure what else a sub should do besides making two assists to be an important factor in that game.. Or was he anonymous because he didn't play the first hour of the game..?

I'm confused by your weird comments Mike!!!1

ZeUs!!
05-19-2006, 04:52 PM
If you get down to 10 men 18 minutes into the game, then manage to score a goal and create a lot more chances than your opponent, I call that dominating the game, or at least the Gunners played as good as they could've vs a fast-passing team like Barca.Dominating a game for me means they controlled the game, not that they did the best with the resources given to them. They may have played well when you take into account they only had 10 men, but they let Barca attack and played on the counter.

As for Larsson, when he subbed in 2/3th of the match was already gone by, I'm not sure what else a sub should do besides making two assists to be an important factor in that game.. Or was he anonymous because he didn't play the first hour of the game..?

I'm confused by your weird comments Mike!!!1He was anonymous because he didn't have a very good game. You're going to keep posting that doing dick all for 28 minutes but providing two match winning passes constitutes a good game, and I'm going to carry on asserting that those two passes shouldn't give an overall indication of his entire performance for the rest of the match, so this isn't going anywhere

Izor
05-19-2006, 05:50 PM
The very nature of soccer makes it a low scoring game so if you manage to set someone up for the game tying and game winning goal, even if you have whiffed in some other circumstances, more than makes up for it. Theres a 'clutch shot performance' factor that needs to be weighed in. Doesnt matter if you pass/play brilliantly if in the end you cant get the ball in the goal

Galleleo
05-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Well maybe Lehmann didn't have to go.

I'm no expert on the rules but I know enough to see that it was a perfectly legitimate goal and it should have stood. Barca got the ball in the back of the net, so despite whatever fouls arsenal may or may not have made, barca still gets the goal. It's called playing on.

Your choices don't really work for me. The ref has two critical choices to make. The first is whether to allow play to continue and the second is to decide what to do with Lehmann. He screwed up by not letting play to continue, that's the main problem. After that, what you do with Lehmann is debatable but I think he had to go.

You didn't get the point I made..

He could have done 2 things, 1. whistled for the foul and given Lehmann red, 2. let play continue, barca scored, Lehmann stayed. He was not WRONG giving the foul and red to Lehmann and not letting the goal stand according to the letter of the law. BUT for the game it would have been better to let the goal count and continue 11 vs 11.

If he would have counted the goal, and thus not have given the foul, Lehmann would not have gotten red. It wasn't the kind of foul you give someone a card for if the other team has an advantage out of it. The sole reason for the red card is because you are the denying the other team a 100% scoring chance. However, if the other gets a goal in, nontheless of the foul, there is no reason to give a red card whatsoever. It was either the one or the other, not both.

Dabram
05-20-2006, 05:59 AM
The Football LAW! Rules is more appropiate maybe, unless you're planning on sending people to jail when they break them. ;)

Mike, even Izor (an American) made more sense than you did.

ZeUs!!
05-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Izor aside, what was so difficult to comprehend?

Galleleo
05-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Well bram, I was kinda using it according to the dutch saying, de letter van de wet.

Hero*
05-20-2006, 01:09 PM
im goin to have to agree with bram here and say he played a great game. all of barcelona was unnoticeable you could say cause they created no chances, except for larrson who ended up giving them 2 goals by 2 passes.

NaiLed
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
what do cordless drills and the premiership have in common?

no leeds