PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoofs: Conference Finals!

Nickname
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
here comes round 3!

Carolina (2)
vs
Buffalo (4)

Preds: both teams are high flying, and both are riding fantastic goalies. should either goalie falter, they've both got good goalies sitting on the bench in Biron and Gerber. Buffalo has the edge in scoring though, but i'd give the edge to carolina on defence. As far as goalies go, how do you pick? Cam ward won his first 4 starts over a good Montreal team, then he outdueled one of the top 2 goalie sin the league, and beat him 4-1. Miller didn't have to out duel a star goalie, but he put up with the big Flyers, and the Fantastic goal scoring Seneators, and held them to low scores with the exception of game 1.

RESULT: i hate to bet against Carolina, but I think this might be Buffalos year to finally win a cup. Sabres in 6.

Anaheim (6)
vs
Edmonton (8)

PREDS: whos hot? They both are! Rolie the goalie has looked heads and shoulders above what he was in the regular season, shutting down the big time sharks and those president trophy winning red wings. Anaheim mean while rolled over Colorado, who's better than there 7th seed shows, and beat the best goalie in the league in Kipper. Anaheim has a tremdenous edge in scoring, and the Oil have a huge edge in Defense. I've got to go with the ducks in goal, with Bryzgalov playing unbelieveably. A lot will hang on the play of Peca and Pronger. If peca can shut down teemu and mac expect an oil win. if not, Roloson could get burried. Anaheim is a better team, but than Detroit and San Jose were better teams too, but they can't match Edmontons heart.

Result: I'm canadian, so i'm going with the Oil, even if I don't tottaly believe. I expect a 6 or 7 game series either way, but i'm going to go with Edmonton in 7!

Pat B
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Buffalo in 6, cuz briere is jsut that awesome and i still can't believe carolina is gonna win ( even if all the way up here, they did). Ward isn't gonna keep up, he had one raelly bad game and that's gonna repeat again vs the sabres. Go french connection number 2. Briere - Dumont - Pominville

Anaheim in 6, We've rarely seen series go to 7 this year, and it probably won't happen this time again. Why? I'd say that with the style of rapid, exciting hockey that we have nowadays, one team just can't come back from a heavy loss. Anaheim has this hermetic style and They have defensemen, plus Selanne. Niedermeyer is the shit.

Hero*
05-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I hate when people post shit and talk like they know wat the talkin about ( not NN). Two exciting series, going to be tough to pick a clear winner. Both going to 6-7.

Jeenyuss
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Fuck Carolina. Really, fuck Carolina. I hope the Sabres shit stomp them. And go Oil.

Sleuth
05-18-2006, 08:14 PM
In January i visioned Ottawa and Philly, Detroit and Dallas, but no, we get these AWESOME TEAMS

Edmonton 4
Anaheim 3

Buffalo 4
Carolina 3

Eastern may be a good series, couldnt give a fuck about western/

Pat B
05-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I hate when people post shit and talk like they know wat the talkin about ( not NN). Two exciting series, going to be tough to pick a clear winner. Both going to 6-7.

Talk to em after the series, and you'll see mother fucker. you know fucking shit. If you'd be any good in hockey, you wouldn't be fucking playing this game and i know that for sure cuz all the friends i have who plays hockey have no time for other things. god you're such a heavy moron hero.

Melo
05-19-2006, 12:06 AM
I say Buffalo in 5 because of the french connection Pomminville-Brière-Dumont that can't be stopped + Ryan Miller is doing very very well.

I say Edmonton in 7! Will be a very rough round with a lot of fighting and dirty slashings! That's the only way edmonton can win... PLaying dirty!

Who wins the cup? The sabres :)

hockeydude
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
i KNOW edmonton will win.. they will lose the first two games but when they come back to edmonton they are gonna kill becuase of the fans.. our fans here in edmonton are INSANE... edmonton in 6

and i say carolina becuase i need them out if im going to win my hockey pool

Hero*
05-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Talk to em after the series, and you'll see mother fucker. you know fucking shit. If you'd be any good in hockey, you wouldn't be fucking playing this game and i know that for sure cuz all the friends i have who plays hockey have no time for other things. god you're such a heavy moron hero.
hey don't be jealous that im going somewhere and you aren't in a sport lol. Talk to you after series? Just like when u said montreal was going to stomp all over carolina...go back to quebec you fucking faggot.

PH
05-19-2006, 04:14 PM
This thread would be better if it didn't say "Playoofs" in the title.

Go Ducks!

Pat B
05-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey hero, start predicting something if you are THAT good in hockey.

PredatoR_FNM
05-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Sakic to Selänne --> "Go get your ring"

I hope that happens, Ducks to win :)

Fit of Rage
05-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Oil for the win!

Nickname
05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
This thread would be better if it didn't say "Playoofs" in the title.

Go Ducks!

just noticed, i'm so awesome.

HOW BOUT THEM OIL? Up 2-0 already, and Ducks haven't won in Edmonton in 7 years. Yeouch! I had said Oil in 7, but I can't see it going that far now. Roloson has been on fire (the goalie has two assists this round) and is just upping hist cost come free agency. I don't thinkt he Ducks will get swept though, they're too good a team...mind you Colorado should have been too.

hockeydude
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
oilers up 3-0 and play tonight in edmonton.... it goes crazy here everytime we win.. the whole town screams... I SAY SWEEP 4-0..........

sabers and hurrcian... wha? i dont pay attention to that series..

OILERS 4 WIN

Nickname
05-25-2006, 12:52 PM
I still say Anaheim is too good to be swept.

PH
05-26-2006, 03:53 AM
^ This man knows of what he speaks. As a Stars fan, I'm quite familiar with the abilities of Jean-Sébastien Giguère. That series in 2003 remains an agonizing memory, and if anyone can bring the Ducks back from 3-0 it's him.

Subjugation
05-26-2006, 04:00 AM
What is this NHL I keep hearing about? Never heard of it before.

PH
05-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Maybe he can't. :(

phata$$
05-27-2006, 10:54 PM
aww I gg Ducks.

But yea JS Giguere is the fucking man. I remember when the Ducks were in the playoffs the last time, he was pulling out some sick saves.
"Gettin' Gigguey with it"

Jeenyuss
05-28-2006, 03:41 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHAS osidfl ERS YES OPIIIIIIIIILES

Kim
05-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Torres is hot

Capital Knockers
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm going to say Oilers - Carolina, and I think Oilers will do it. Even if Buffalo gets there. The Oilers, imo, have had the most heart this year in the playoffs, and they have the skill to back it up. They didn't get all the way to the cup to back down, I can't wait to see them go..

hockeydude
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
go oilers go!

Hero*
06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
The winning team of the East will win the cup, no questions asked.

Jeenyuss
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
In January i visioned Ottawa and Philly, Detroit and Dallas, but no, we get these AWESOME TEAMS

Edmonton 4
Anaheim 3

Buffalo 4
Carolina 3

Eastern may be a good series, couldnt give a fuck about western/
You are a fucking idiot. Philly was by no means an AWESOME team. Edmonton had the potential to upset from the beginning and clearly they are a strong team.

Nickname
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Philyl is to old and slow, and it showed.

Other note, I could have SWORN i took Carolina in seven, whoops, what do i Know.

IRL I was talking with my bud, and after the oilers won both in Anaheim i said oilers in 5, because anaheim is too good to get swept, and thats what happened. all in all at the begining I didn't feel the oilers were that strong, so I stand by my oilers in 7.

Canes - Oilers. Gonna be exciting. The Oil is the hottest team out there, but they have 8 days between games to cool off! Predictions to come!

Pat B
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh My Fucking God, I Suck At Preditcting. Fuckfifuckfuckfukcufkcu Lkasodoaodlaoloadaosdl, Damint, I Sucka Sdkasdadfbvhsabdhvjbrevyuyfbv;aÙ
I Coulsd Have Sweared I Wished That Buffal Won Asfbut Wthey Didnt Lol, Damint