PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Next TWEL?

Ikrit
05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Just wondering what you guys prefer...

Also, I don't know if I've announced this anywhere but Asmodeus and Hockey <ER> are now TWEL Operators and will be assisting with Season 4 mostly through helping users with problems but they will also be working on playoff stuff with me to make them run a bit more smoothly this time around.

Rab
05-19-2006, 12:43 PM
What's TWEL ?

Ikrit
05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
TWEL is ?go duel basically.

Bigyin
05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
i say last week

Kim
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
TWEL doesn't need advertisements. Just start it up, and people can duel at leisure. It does not directly affect TWL in anyway because unless the two people dueling are legendary, there won't be spectators to steal the show away from TWL, so no worries there. Not to mention that if a player has a TWL coming on, they wouldn't be in ?go duel 5 minutes before their game starts, otherwise they deserve to lose.

Also I'd like to point out that the duration span between regular season play of TWEL and the playoffs is too much. You don't need to rack up 1800 points to realize who is going to make it and who isn't. I hope TWEL is cut down to about 1.5-2 months of compact dueling, then ending the ladder right then and there. Then, immediately begin the playoffs.

I voted to start Next Week, but it can be ASAP. Perhaps after the 1v1 Javtourny Finals this sunday would be a great connector.

Phizey
05-19-2006, 03:53 PM
TWEL is kinda messed when half the ppl who qualified are seen over 10 days ago and end up to Forfeit.

Ikrit
05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
TWEL doesn't need advertisements. Just start it up, and people can duel at leisure. It does not directly affect TWL in anyway because unless the two people dueling are legendary, there won't be spectators to steal the show away from TWL, so no worries there. Not to mention that if a player has a TWL coming on, they wouldn't be in ?go duel 5 minutes before their game starts, otherwise they deserve to lose.

Also I'd like to point out that the duration span between regular season play of TWEL and the playoffs is too much. You don't need to rack up 1800 points to realize who is going to make it and who isn't. I hope TWEL is cut down to about 1.5-2 months of compact dueling, then ending the ladder right then and there. Then, immediately begin the playoffs.

I voted to start Next Week, but it can be ASAP. Perhaps after the 1v1 Javtourny Finals this sunday would be a great connector.

Yea, I was just running out of ideas for when to poll for the start so I just put after TWL. It was only supposed to be 2-3 months of regular season before playoffs but I kind of got distracted with school stuff and didn't get playoff code working until December... this time the code is pretty much ready and it'll be fine in 2-3 months for playoffs to start and I also have 2 ops to help me.

Izor
05-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Agreed with Kim that after this jav tourny there might be a good tie-in. But if we have TWEL the same time as TWL, what is there going to be in the TWL offseason? Usually no one good likes to play then, so perhaps that will be a good time to do some of these events. Stuff like TWEL, TWDT, basing cup, 1v1 wb tourny. Something to keep interest in this game outside of league.

Doc Flabby
05-23-2006, 06:16 AM
It would give some of the players not in TWL something to play for.

TWD is dead at the moment (apart from TWL squads practicing) its lost all meaning to me now the TWL qualifiers are over.

Nickname
05-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Never wasn't an option :(

AcuMo
05-25-2006, 05:47 AM
Agreed with Kim that after this jav tourny there might be a good tie-in. But if we have TWEL the same time as TWL, what is there going to be in the TWL offseason? Usually no one good likes to play then, so perhaps that will be a good time to do some of these events. Stuff like TWEL, TWDT, basing cup, 1v1 wb tourny. Something to keep interest in this game outside of league.

There could be JWC (Javelin World Cup) like I said in a topic 0,5-1 year ago :P

hockeydude
05-25-2006, 11:18 AM
i think after twl would be best.. but im game for anything.. IM HERE TO HELP !

Supreme Authority
06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
There could be JWC (Javelin World Cup) like I said in a topic 0,5-1 year ago :P

That would be so cool ^-^

Even tho i suspect Benelux from owning and therefor preventing me 2 play whatsoever :P