This shit is starting to get retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This shit is starting to get retarded

im getting kinda pissed off about the fact that half the time u CANT even play matches cause the bots are:
    mallfunctioning
    or lagging like a fucking 1 dollar whore

u all probably think im a hypocrite for saying this, but i just felt like complaining cause its total shit

first the JD just gets taken out cause "those bots make the other bots lagout" wtf is that for BS

all the bots in this zone make the zone lag.... host manually, and make more ppl <ER>

and yes yes i am probably dumb and shit

but wasnt the leagues better before all of this got so "modern and classy" .... automating things are good up to some point, but u have to know when u have to stop modernising, and i think TW is reaching that point....

cause what is the real reason for all this automatism? so all u staffers can get even more lazy (not including some...)

<ER> are EVENT REFEREES well sorry but there are alot of <ER>'s and only a few events hosted in 1 day, as i said... recruit ppl who are devoted NOT ppl who just like to be more popular and want to know things before the "regular" tw player knows it!!!
    im sure u can find alot of pub suckers who want to spend the rest of their puny lives programming bots and hosting squadduels
    Last edited by Tera; 01-18-2003, 05:00 PM.
    Trench Wars Moderator
    TW Gallery Admin
    TWEL Operator
    aka ronaldo

Automated hosting is still in it's infancy stage. Give it some time. The idea is already being acclaimed as a good invention by even the most anti TW zones.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
      Automated hosting is still in it's infancy stage. Give it some time. The idea is already being acclaimed as a good invention by even the most anti TW zones.
      SUCH AS THE PREMIER DBZ DUELING LEAGUE.
      1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
      1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
      1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
      1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

sigh, i hate when people don't give thanks for a luxury that has one bad side to it. consider the alternative...you should be thanking its creators. and if you have a dumbass remark for this, screw you asshole, take a big and cold iron pole, stick it up your ass and wiggle it around.
        Ну вот...

Comment

i think what he's saying is that he likes the idea of the bots if they'd be consistant...and taht we shouldnt be using them if they arent..host manualy till they are more consistant..he isnt taking nething away from the job myth and everyone else did
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

More of Tera being none-too-helpful. Myth, castro, and everyone else that has put so much time into this league have done a great job.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

You expect them to have some special development area with 500 users online all the time where they can go test this stuff beforehand? The whole project is in development. You pay nothing to play this game, the people building it receive nothing, so shut the hell up and patiently wait as they work out the glitches. The bots are excellent when they're functioning properly. Over time things will get better. Take into account they're not completely reliable just yet and be prepared for the fact that they won't always be there.

Comment

From what I've gleaned, the main problem may not be with the bots, but with the bothost. Bandwidth is expensive, this game is not.

Comment

why don't we all be <ER>s???

Comment

Originally posted by Overdue
                    why don't we all be <ER>s???
                    Paladen is alrdy doing that for us...
                    :yawn:

Comment

as if they would be "not-lazy" to host a twdd,twjd or a twbd match

Comment

ya ya ya

maybe i bring it the wrong way, all i was trying to say is that they should test it more first in non-counting games and stuff (a testzone is ez to create and run)

and then, then most of these problems are fixed they can bring it in TW and do it there.............

but... whatever conc thinks im always mean
                        Trench Wars Moderator
                        TW Gallery Admin
                        TWEL Operator
                        aka ronaldo

Comment

I still say, make everyone <ER> or TWDD, TWJD, TWBD Powers whatever and host a match
                          Last edited by Overdue; 01-19-2003, 06:15 AM.

Comment

that wouldnt work, cause ther are only a few bots, then they would all fight over the bots and things will start to get ugly
                            Trench Wars Moderator
                            TW Gallery Admin
                            TWEL Operator
                            aka ronaldo

Comment

Re: this shit is starting to get f*cked up

First I would like to say that TWD is the best thing ever in TW. Like with all new systems there are bugs and stuff that never come up during testing...

Originally posted by Tera
                              all the bots in this zone make the zone lag.... host manually, and make more ppl <ER>

and yes yes i am probably dumb and shit

but wasnt the leagues better before all of this got so "modern and classy" .... automating things are good up to some point, but u have to know when u have to stop modernising, and i think TW is reaching that point....

cause what is the real reason for all this automatism? so all u staffers can get even more lazy (not including some...)

<ER> are EVENT REFEREES well sorry but there are alot of <ER>'s and only a few events hosted in 1 day, as i said... recruit ppl who are devoted NOT ppl who just like to be more popular and want to know things before the "regular" tw player knows it!!!
                              im sure u can find alot of pub suckers who want to spend the rest of their puny lives programming bots and hosting squadduels
                              How do suppose to manage that? now let's see... In the link the matchID for one of the latest game is 2642 and in an earlier game its ~1800. That would make over 800 games played during these 2 weeks. Over 50 games per day on average. Tell me..what amount of ERs is needed to host over 50 games per day every day? Even if you had zillion ERs it would be very annoying..first we (Elusive) have to ask around 20 squads to get someone to play us and then we would have to harass an ER to host it...
                              TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                              TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                              TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                              TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Working...
                              X