PDA

View Full Version : Bonds hits 715---suck it, haters.

Subjugation
05-28-2006, 07:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A9FJqLcnQ3pEJXQAdw85nYcB?slug=ap-bonds-715&prov=ap&type=lgns

The San Francisco slugger moved past Babe Ruth on the career home run list with a mammoth shot Sunday, and now stands behind just one person.

Congradulations to Bonds. I can't wait to hear the media hate on him about this.

Eric is God
05-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Fuck Bonds. Fuck him right in his steroid inflated head :)

Hero*
05-28-2006, 10:00 PM
As a retired baseball player (played for like 9 years lol) I would have to say this is quiet an accomplishment even if he used steroids. My point that I would like to make is that steroids aren't going to help you get more homeruns. Sure your arms get bigger but the fact of the matter is you still have to hit the 90mph fastball.

phata$$
05-28-2006, 10:03 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060528/capt.238092f2180249a8b989a5167eff733d.giants_bonds _715_lucky_fan_baseball_cafra101.jpg
Fans try to catch the ball on home run 715 by San Francisco Giants' Barry Bonds in the fourth inning of the baseball game against the Colorado Rockies, Sunday, May 28, 2006, in San Francisco. The ball dropped onto an elevated platform beyond the fence. The souvenir sat there for a few minutes before rolling off the roof to 38-year-old San Francisco resident Andrew Morbitzer who was waiting in the concession line. (AP Photo/San Francisco Chronicle, Brant Ward)
haha that's refreshing

Subjugation
05-28-2006, 11:47 PM
haha that's refreshing

Yea, I'm suprised nobody tried to jump to the platform. The ball has gotta be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to wealthy collectors, and I'm sure someone would have risked a busted leg for that.

Squeezer
05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
until Bonds is found guilty of using steroids, then the ball will be worth jack shit, just like what his chances of making the hall of fame will be like.

phata$$
05-29-2006, 07:22 PM
until Bonds is found guilty of using steroids, then the ball will be worth jack shit, just like what his chances of making the hall of fame will be like.
just like how the 714th (http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_3872023) ball is worth jack shit?

Subjugation
05-30-2006, 12:13 PM
He's already admitted to using steroids, so that's not going to change anything.

And it's not like MLB will wipe out his home runs, or anything. Fact will remain that particular ball put Bonds in the #2 position, so the ball will still have value to collectors. The steroid controversy can't unring that bell.

404 Not Found
05-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Buy up your Bonds collectibles now. Saw on TV that this is the lowest of any Professional Athletes collectibles price level and it will only go up in time, but the market now says his stuff is selling cheap!

Nobody says ya have to like Bonds. Look at Ty Cobb. Cobb was a jerk as history notes, he was a anti semetic racist who hated everyone. Regardless, I would love to have some Ty Cob collectibles today. They are very very pricey!

Squeezer
05-30-2006, 06:27 PM
He's already admitted to using steroids, so that's not going to change anything.

And it's not like MLB will wipe out his home runs, or anything. Fact will remain that particular ball put Bonds in the #2 position, so the ball will still have value to collectors. The steroid controversy can't unring that bell.

No, he's admitted to taking an "herbal supplement" provided by his trainer, which may have had steroids in it, without his knowledge.

Bullshit. What a fucking cheater. He doesn't deserve any of this acclaim he's getting. No one in the history of baseball has doubled their homerun production after hitting age 33. Why is Bonds the exception? Why in the first 10 years of his career did he struggle to hit 300 hrs, and in the latter part of it, hit 400? It's ridiculous. The guy went from a shrimp, who could steal bases, and hit the long ball on occaision, to a mammoth fucking power hitter. He's bigger than many of the guys in the NFL! That isn't natural. I don't care how much you work out, you can't change your strength that much in such a short amount of time....unless you had a bit of help from a certain substance.

What a fucking cheater. I hope that he's indicted for lying to a grand jury. He's a lying, cheating, racist, media hating, ungrateful piece of shit.

Subjugation
05-31-2006, 01:42 AM
No, he's admitted to taking an "herbal supplement" provided by his trainer, which may have had steroids in it, without his knowledge.

Bullshit. What a fucking cheater. He doesn't deserve any of this acclaim he's getting. No one in the history of baseball has doubled their homerun production after hitting age 33. Why is Bonds the exception? Why in the first 10 years of his career did he struggle to hit 300 hrs, and in the latter part of it, hit 400? It's ridiculous. The guy went from a shrimp, who could steal bases, and hit the long ball on occaision, to a mammoth fucking power hitter. He's bigger than many of the guys in the NFL! That isn't natural. I don't care how much you work out, you can't change your strength that much in such a short amount of time....unless you had a bit of help from a certain substance.

What a fucking cheater. I hope that he's indicted for lying to a grand jury. He's a lying, cheating, racist, media hating, ungrateful piece of shit.

Hehe, so angry. :)

Admitting to "unknowingly taking steroids" is the same thing as "admitting to taking steroids".

And I agree that "He's a lying, cheating, racist, media hating, ungrateful piece of shit", but I still think he's one of the greatest ever. God, I love my black and orange blinders...

Royst
05-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Did anyone hear him talk about Albert Pujols?

"if Albert doesn't hit 79 homeruns I'm going to be PISSED!"
(not exactly what he said, i just don't remember)

wavebeamer
06-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Hehe.. Andrew actually used to live extremely close to me. Same town. His parents still live there, but he moved to San Fran. It's all pretty exciting.. I saw some media and different people drive by.

And about Bonds -- I honestly don't care whether he took 'roids. He still has some superhuman hand-eye coordination, which is something I lack. :ninja:

genocidal
06-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Pete Rose for Hall of Fame.

phata$$
06-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Hehe.. Andrew actually used to live extremely close to me. Same town. His parents still live there, but he moved to San Fran. It's all pretty exciting.. I saw some media and different people drive by.
Did you actually know him as a friend or just knew that he lived in the same town? Because that's pretty crazy.