PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger in serious condition after motorcycle accident

404 Not Found
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Good job Ben....way to keep your head together (no pun intended) for keeping healthy for the Steelers upcoming season.

Why wear a helmet when on a motorcycle...that's only for and if your on a football field?

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was badly hurt in a motorcycle crash Monday and undergoing surgery. The extent of his injuries was not known.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition, said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital.

"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones said before the operation. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

Maybe Gary Buce will help him in his rehab?

All I know is Steelers backup quarterback Charlie Batch must have said to himself "YES!!!" when he heard the news.

Jerome Scuggs
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
i bet bush was behind this, wasn't he, 404

WASN'T HE

PH
06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
:(

gran guerrero
06-12-2006, 02:26 PM
he borrowed kellen winslow jr.'s bike to see if he can ride on curves

Galleleo
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM
His name sounded familiar, then I remembered, I watched the Superbowl this year.

Nickname
06-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Lucky to be alive probably, hopfully he didn't just throw away his career.

404 Not Found
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
i bet bush was behind this, wasn't he, 404

WASN'T HE

Nah...Bush was busy making excuses as to why he still is dragging his feet on supporting the State of LA after Katrina and trying to make excuses for GITMO and why we are a democracy that will not abide by the Geneva Convention for POW's.

Happy now...had to make me put a Bush spin out there again :)

Subjugation
06-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Yea, I heard about that. I haven't heard any of the details, aside from he has injuries to both knees, broke his jaw, broke a sinus cavity, suffered a large head lac, and knocked out a few chicklets. He was wearing no helmet----what a fucking genius.

On the one hand, the person he crashed into was a 62-yr old woman. He hit her from the side, and went over the hood. That suggests she pulled out in front of him. Without a copy of the police report, it would be impossible to determine who's fault it was, because he may have been speeding, or the bitch may have just been old and not paying attention.

But even if he was wearing a helmet, the damage that would be most relevent to his football career would be his knees, anyway. If you look at the long term effects of the injury, unless he suffered brain damage, I'm not sure if it's such a big deal what happened to his head.

Sleepy Weasel
06-12-2006, 09:14 PM
From what I heard on the radio today he was approaching an intersection and the woman didn't see him and made a left turn right into him, so it wasn't his fault at all. Except some people were saying he probably should have been slowing down more approaching the intersection, but he wasn't speeding.

I live in Pittsburgh so it was on the radio all day.

404 Not Found
06-12-2006, 10:26 PM
I just find it reckless. Jerome Brown (http://www.insidetheeagles.com/Jerome.htm) died from a reckless vehicular accident and his entire career was ahead of him.

People insure certain body parts, such as models as they make money from their bodies and faces. I doubt they would even take the chances of injuring their livelyhood.

I imagine he is still on indestructable cloud 9 from the last Superbowl...but don't be reckless and blow it...not now.

Too many other bad drivers out there to put your driving skills and profession on the line at this point in a career.

Galleleo
06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Mostly, when I see people driveby on a motor (you don't see it alot here because helmest are abligatory) but specially a scooter, over here, without a helmet on, I always think: I hope you fall on your face hard.

Specially when it's those kids trying to be tough on their scooters without a helmet, making wheelies and shit. There is a reason that there is a law about you having to wear a helmet on a scooter and motor.