PDA

View Full Version : USA v Czech Republic

ÆNIMA
06-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Did anyone see the USA and Czech Republic game? US lost 0-3, I just wonder how the US team faired against the Czechs despite the awful score.

Pandagirl!
06-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I saw it, unfortunately :( It was pretty bad

PaulOakenfold
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Reality czech for USA

Divine Rides
06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
it was ugly, we were passive and w/o passion, they are a much better team than us but we didn't show up.

Mantra-Slider
06-12-2006, 07:27 PM
too bad koller got injured otherwise I think the czechs could have gone really far this tournament..

ÆNIMA
06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Shortly after posting this I read this article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jonah_freedman/06/12/us.openingloss/index.html?cnn=yes

Fittingly enough, it's entitled "Pushed around."

Mantra-Slider
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
heres a quote from that article:

"But if things do not improve for the Americans, they're looking at the very real possibility that they may not win a game in Germany. That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

If the U.S. is to continue the growing respect it had started to enjoy throughout the world, it's time to grow up. No one respects the wimpy kid in the corner."

What a jerk the authtor is. To lose against ghana,italy and Czechs is really not a disaster.. they are all quality teams who can go really far in the tournament.

Subjugation
06-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Reality czech for USA

n1

Galleleo
06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Well mantra, even with Koller I didn't expect them to go far, and not because the czech team isn't good, but I expect them to come in second behind Italy, wich paires them up with Brazil in 1/8 finals.

Dabram
06-13-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm happy Rosicky joined Arsenal, great addition with Pires/Bergkamp gone.

I'm glad U.S. is probably going home 0-3. Americans get all arrogant whenever they do well in the biggest sport in the world, in which they (in general) don't care about.

404 Not Found
06-13-2006, 07:35 AM
It's not that we do not care. I have seen so many people here in the States wearing colors this past week. Lots of Italian, German, Brit shirts around.

I see it, that due to so many people living in the States having family if not directly or indirectly originating from European coutries, that they hold close to themselves the heritage of this and root for the homelands of their families ancestory.

I think you are correct in noting that we do not care in general, but there is alot of cheering going on here for where our ancestry lies within the world. The US is still a country that is made from immigrants.

On another note...not that I dislike watching the world cup, but I actually prefer the Rugby World Cup. Rugby carries on here in the states better than Football (soccer for us yanks) IMHO, with clubs all over. There are not so many clubs for Football once you exited college, but many for Rugby. I was in a senior league where we had players in their mid-late 40's still playing.

But as a nation that does not care about this world cup...we do, but we tend to route from where our ancestors immigrated from. In my case I would be drinking beer with Galleleo watching the match, in pointing out my ancestory.

Galleleo
06-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Maybe we should do it at your place then, over here it's fucking hot right now, and eventho my house is always really cool.. it's still hot inside.

Sufficient
06-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Does Taiwan have a soccer team?

Mantra-Slider
06-13-2006, 01:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Taipei_national_football_team

Clump
06-13-2006, 05:09 PM
America < All

ÆNIMA
06-13-2006, 07:12 PM
But as a nation that does not care about this world cup...we do, but we tend to route from where our ancestors immigrated from.

Yeah, that's why I'm rooting for Germany, Ireland, Scotland, Great Britain, France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and the Cherokee Indian international team.

Colossos
06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Scotland is part of Great Britain.

ZeUs!!
06-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Shame