PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Ford for Raptor's Villanueva

gran guerrero
06-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Wtf? (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/06/30/raptors.bucks.trade.ap/index.html)
I know the raptors needed a fucking point guard, who can distribute the ball rather than shoot first mike james. But omfg why trade one of the best rookies last year away like that. I mean this kid was bringing points rebounding and toughness to this team. I really liked this guy and Raptors really dumb for just giving him up like that. That was a real bad move imo.

Sir>elim_killer!
06-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Well if you knew anything about basketball or the raports you would know the answer to this. Its not a great answer, but with their number 1 pick and chris bosh they had no room for villneuva. You use your first pick for a player not to sit on the bench. They had too many players for the same position, and now they got a decent point guard a position they needed to fill.

I hate the Raptos, but i can see exactly why this trade was made. Im a die hard knicks fan and wish they would trade half of thier shooting guard and point guards they have. Its a waste to have 2 players in the same position who are both skilled. You waste a talent, and have him sit on the bench. So trade him, and get a position of need.

Sek

gran guerrero
06-30-2006, 11:34 PM
um. villanueva can play the small forward/powerford spot, bosh can play either pf/center and their new numba 1 pick can play either positions.

this italian big man didn't even post monster numbers in europe league, what makes you think he will do awesome in the nba. hes just got talent and potential. what if he's a bust. big loss.

haven't you ever heard that you can't win all your games on your starting line. you need a good bench. every playoff team has some fucking depth. those who didn't were either snubbed out of the playoffs or got taken out early. Look at the Spurs, the Mavs, the Heat. All teams with great benches.

Players get injured or get into foul trouble a lot. you need that quality person to come off the bench and post quality minutes for you.

The knicks btw are fucked. too many washed up players with big contracts. Don't know why your owner fired mr. fix-it larry brown when it was mr. fuck-it isiah thomas put all those shitty ass players in that team. Fire isiah and yourself dolan. Your both a blemish in NBA society, your Knicks fans even admitted it in the draft.

But back on topic. It's still a stupid trade. You never want to trade away a great player that you drafted and wasnt a bust. It's just stupid. There were other ways. TJ Ford is a good player but he just came back from an almost career ending injury before last season's breakout season, which is always a question mark when it comes to player's status. Villaneuva didn't get injured (not seriously of what I know of) and he was coming on strong in the Raptor's push to say competitive.

gangst4_luvin_4_lyfe
06-30-2006, 11:58 PM
basketball is terrible