Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing: New Rules?

Hi,

There was a chat that we had in upper staff today about the future of basing. Some ideas were thrown around and in the end most of us agreed that it would be nice it there was something to spice up the Basing League game.

Here's the main ideas that were brought up:

1) Limit each ship to a maximum of 2, thus forcing more ship variety in basing.

2) Allow infinite ship changes during a game so say you were inside base. You can now be a jav. You lose the flag, you can now be a spider.

3) Allow levis back into league, but make it so that they can't attach.

4) Allow multiple terriers in the game.

What are your thoughts on all of this? What do you think would be the pros and cons of changes such at these? Currently these are just proposals, but to spice up the game, maybe these changes are necessary.

Let us know.

-Epinephrine
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

I really don't thing basing needs to be changed at all.

If any changes were made, the only one I could live with is allowing 2 terrs, otherwise the other 3 suggestions I really don't like much.

Comment

I actually think basing evolves quite nicely without any intervention.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Re: Basing: New Rules?

Originally posted by Epinephrine

1) Limit each ship to a maximum of 2, thus forcing more ship variety in basing.

The power of a spider is in numbers. Other ships would become overpowered.

2) Allow infinite ship changes during a game so say you were inside base. You can now be a jav. You lose the flag, you can now be a spider.

Takes away the necessity of learning how to balance a lineup for offense and defense.

This would require map changes. There are a number of shots from outside base to flag....

not interested, but not opposed to it.

Comment

1)no
          2)no
          3)no
          4)Maybe
          sage

Comment

don't.

Comment

Im all for the 2 terrs idea. Hell, I thought it was suppose to be that option in the twd already?
              Originally posted by Tyson
              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
              Originally posted by HeavenSent
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
              Originally posted by Izor
              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

1) If you want more variety in basing then make the weaker ships more useful, not limiting the ships that already work fine.

2) No. Just no. That's a horrible idea.

3) They won't be used so it doesn't matter.

4) Could be cool
                I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Re: Basing: New Rules?

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  1) Limit each ship to a maximum of 2, thus forcing more ship variety in basing. - No. Better would be to change the ships to make players WANT to choose these ships, rather than force them into fielding a weaker lineup of ships than they'd want to. How can the warbird be changed to make it more base efficient? How could the weasel be changed? How could the levi be changed? The lanc?

- Something that would be best off testing before setting in stone. It sounds nice, but I'd like to see what kind of influence this would have.

- No no no no no no no. Unless major changes are made to it.

- Yep. All for this one. At least test it, and see how it changes games.
                  So basicly, all for testing 2 and 4 in myth or sb. Rule 1 under certain conditions I know would never be met.
                  gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                  gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                  gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

No, no, no and no
                    Don't change anything.
                    Except the map - use the PUB MAP!
                    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

A. I could understand mandating this rule if every single basing squad in trench wars used 4 spiders. However, this is not the case. For example: Pallies usually plays a warbird. whiterabbits usually play 5 spiders. There are also several other possible lineup combinations that would still be able to win (2 javs, 1 shark 6 spiders, etc.). Being that basing lineups still maintain good diversity, there is no need to enact this rule.

B. This would be more irritating than anything else. For example: Your team's terrier dies in the flagroom. The entire defending team switches all their spiders/jav to warbirds, and has them sit in the entrance to the base. After several frustrating tries, your terrier makes it into the flagroom, right underneath the flagroom. All of a sudden your team is facing 5 rocketing javs at the same time. That doesn't sound fun, or fair. Definately deminishes the individual ship skill involved in basing.

C. If the leviathan's bomb wasn't as destructive as it is, I could understand trying this idea out. However, I'm sure most teams would rather not have their intense 10 minute flagroom battles ended by some guy in a lev almost a full screen away, sitting at his keyboard just pressing tab over and over while stuffing potato chips into his mouth, yelling muffled cries of "BOMBS AWAY HAAHAH!!"

D. The 2 terr idea has been tried several times. It's more challenging, since communication in team chat becomes much more vital (when one terr dies everyone has to make sure to attach to the other one, so on and so forth). From what I saw, it was pretty successful.

Sincerely someone elses,

Mario Luchini, esquire
                      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I like all the ideas but #2

Comment

not levis :/
                          1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

Personally I hate the 2 terr game.

Comment

I only like the 2 terr Idea, certainly no levis.. thats just stupid, levis are the thing that made myth, because everybody wanted to get away from those newbie levis in pub
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X