This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning Procedure

What's the "official" banning procedure for TW? I've long forgotten.

Today in ?go gatez, I was banned for sending one ticked-freq message using the name GO GO GO!. I didn't receive one warning, message, or anything. Bam, banned for one day. I'm not going to whine too much since it's only a one day ban, it's just sort of irritating.

Dim was the one who did the ban, by the way.
    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

I believe even if dim didnt *warn you, the mods and other staffers in the arena did tell you, animol and others to stop the spamming.

Well, 1 day, no big deal (for others than me B) )..
    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
    3:Shadowmere> LOL
    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
    Shadowmere> Rofl
    Up in ya !> With his feet
    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
    Up in ya !> l44t feet
    Deft> l44t f44t*
    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

You can be warned through green or public messages.

Comment

good idea tho.

Comment

You got warned the day before, or maybe the day before that.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

i think wini asked what was the banning procedure (maybe shouldnt have added the fact that wini was banned) BUT STILL WINI ASKED THE BANNING PROCEDURE RAWR
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

wini enters my arena
              I ban him

rinse, lather, repeat
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero
                i think wini asked what was the banning procedure (maybe shouldnt have added the fact that wini was banned) BUT STILL WINI ASKED THE BANNING PROCEDURE RAWR
                Even with recent changes knowing our procedures would allow for a lot of abuse. It is general knowledge that you will be warned in some fashion so you know the rules before you're banned, if you ignore the warning.

Comment

Originally posted by winipcfg
                  What's the "official" banning procedure for TW? I've long forgotten.

Today in ?go gatez, I was banned for sending one ticked-freq message using the name GO GO GO!. I didn't receive one warning, message, or anything. Bam, banned for one day. I'm not going to whine too much since it's only a one day ban, it's just sort of irritating.

Dim was the one who did the ban, by the way.
                  I wonder if that "Tanked" guy got banned for using racial slurs multiple times during that event.
                  help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                  MegamanEXE> Chao
                  MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                  (Sefarius)> ....
                  (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                  MegamanEXE> You are sick
                  MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Originally posted by Chao.
                    I wonder if that "Tanked" guy got banned for using racial slurs multiple times during that event.
                    I don't know, but I happened to notice that too. Last night, also, I noticed someone using several racial slurs in the zombie events -- through at least three straight. Hopefully he eventually got warned/banned.. but I don't know.

Also, winipcfg - is it possible that you had received some sort of public warning that you missed due to all of the spam going on? That's a possibility, I guess. Other than that, I really don't know.
                    I'm back.

Comment

Again, it's only a one-day ban, so I'm not going to whine too much, but I'm just trying to point out that Dim was in the wrong in my opinion.

I didn't get any public messages or anything (unless I didn't see them). I had just created the name, so it's not like I had been warned before or anything. And, again, it's not like I was spamming. I did it once. No red warning messages, PMs, public warnings, or anything. I always though that you got a warning too, but apparently not in Dim's case?

Oh, and keeping the actual procedure "secret" is pretty stupid. That's just asking for staff abuse. How can players report staff wrong-doings if the players don't know what wrong is?

In the case of animol, he was spamming quite a bit, so I'm sure he got warned. But still, he could've been silenced or banned for a short period of time. I think Dim's a little ban-happy.
                      -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

Hi winipcfg, first of all congratulations on an original idea to distrupt the game of Gatez on multiple occasions. Yesterday, you were spoke to, PM warned and silenced by more than one staffer for doing exactly the same thing, you do it again in my event. You are causing trouble, you know what you were doing but still want to sob on a technicality? A one-day ban is more appropriate I believe in this case, a *shutup and you will just do it again, and again, and again until someone gets you out for a bit.

It's not like you did anything by accident, you even went to the hassle of changing names just to cause distruption, so thanks. But at the end of the day, I'm still in Trench Wars, and you're not.

Take it easy,
                        Dim
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

I just wanted to reply: maybe you somehow missed the warnings but looking at dims post a one day ban works fine.
                          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

winipcfg, I think it would be best to have a log next time you get banned.
                            That way you can always "prove" you haven't been warned and show (upper) staff that whoever banned you did something wrong. A screenshot usually proves your case even more since logs can be tampered with. (Not saying screenshots can't.)

Players don't need to know the ban procedure (players don't need to check on staff if they do a proper job). There are enough other subjects a player can complain about a staffer doing something wrong.
                            It's quite simple: if you don't follow the rules, expect punishment.
                            Maverick
                            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                            Subspace Statistics Administrator
                            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                              winipcfg, I think it would be best to have a log next time you get banned.
                              That way you can always "prove" you haven't been warned and show (upper) staff that whoever banned you did something wrong. A screenshot usually proves your case even more since logs can be tampered with. (Not saying screenshots can't.)
                              well, here in tw, screenshots aren't valid to prove your inescense
                              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Working...
                              X